Legend
    02-17-2010, 11:24 AM #1

Every Major Economic Research Firm Says Stimulus Added At Least 1.6 million jobs

Though i think the bill could have been much better designed and targeted
    (lets not forgot all the tax cuts for 95% of people) its clear it was necessary and useful. i would have preferred much more money in the form of cash for clunkers. Anyway...

Here is that article again.
    http://www.nytimes.com/2010/02/17/bu...leonhardt.html

Joined: Feb 2010 Location: Wayne County, Michigan Posts: 80
    02-17-2010, 12:36 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    (lets not forgot all the tax cuts for 95% of people) its clear it was necessary and useful. i would have preferred much more money in the form of cash for clunkers. Anyway...

What is Hilarious is you after being confronted time and time again with facts that you still believe in your ideology and not the truth. You are a twit

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-17-2010, 04:52 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post

The Stimulus Bill has clearly worked by not allowing unemployment to get to the levels that some economists had forecasted.

As an example I will offer this. I make my living selling things to people while they are on vacation at the beach. Business is much stronger for us since the stimulus kicked in. Our sales numbers since September have been the highest that we've seen in 3 years for this time of year. Because of that, we are expanding and are employing 4 new full time employees at a wage that is much higher than we offered just two years ago.

I didn't get any stimulus money. Nor did I get a tax break for expanding. What I did get was more customers. And my customers are feeling much more upbeat about the economy than they were last year at this time.

I agree with you Lloyd that it could have been a much better plan. But, it is working and hopefully, the next round will be much better thought out. We don't need to be giving tax breaks when we are in debt, that is for sure.

Legend
    02-17-2010, 07:07 PM #4
    Those on the right refuse to acknowledge the hand we were dealt by the Bush administration and what a deep hole we were in when Obama took over.
    God how i wish we could have done a side by side comparison of what this country would look like right now if McCain/Palin had taken over. Absolutely convinced we would be at over 11% unemployment with no plan to change the economy for the better.

I present facts. Thats why the thread is titled "EVERY major economic research says...."
    That isnt ideology. Ideology is refusing to acknowedge that the economy of the world was brought to its knees under Bush and that we are digging our way out from a disaster.

Wasnt it some right wing ideologist on this site (wonder who that could be?) who said the President was principally responsible for the state of the stock market. Well, if thats their criteria for judging this President then i quess he aint doing too bad based on how much the market has rallied in the last year.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 02-17-2010 at 09:27 PM.