02-14-2010, 10:19 PM #1

Camper Blocking My Sirius Reception

I just loaded my large, overhead camper onto my 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Crew Cab, with a factory media center, including Sirius sat radio...

And now, with the factory sat antenna on the rear top of the truck cab being blocked by the camper, Sirius radio only works intermittently, at best.

Two questions: 1. Can I place an adhesive, car, low-profile antenna atop the camper to make it work? 2. If so, where--exactly--do I plug in the
    SMB connector on the end of the 21 foot cable attached to the antenna extension? Do I have to tear down my headliner below the factory cab antenna to get access to the plug--or does the "cap" pop off that antenna from the outside? Or, does it plug in someplace else?

Yes! Plugs into the Sirius satellite tuner! Anybody know where THAT is on this particular vehicle??? Guess I will be heading to the dealer Tuesday...
    Last edited by drdehave; 02-15-2010 at 12:30 AM. Reason: not complete--more info found

Head Honcho
    02-15-2010, 11:30 PM #2
    The satellite tuner on my friends 07 was behind the glovebox but it could also be in the back seat depending on the body style. Either way, I am 100% sure that your owners manual (I assume you have it since this is a brand new 2010) will tell you exactly where the sirius tuner is located on your vehicle. Hope this helps.

And yes... putting it on top of the camper should work just fine. Any point with a clear view of sky should work just fine.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-16-2010, 01:34 AM #3
    I just found out today the tuner is in the radio, and the whole media center has to come out to get at it.

So... When I get it out, I will just plug in a 14-inch antenna extension, then, just plug in either my factory antenna--or camper-mount antenna--as necessary. All of this will be done down below the dash, but above, the passenger's foot area. Sound good?

Please not that 'o7 and '08 tuners WERE behind the glove box. Buty Not the 2010.

02-27-2010, 05:03 PM #4
    The solution to this proved to be ridiculously simple. To read it, go to the Lance Camper Owner's Forum website, at--

http://lanceowners.infopop.cc/eve/fo...27/m/364108024

Head Honcho
    02-27-2010, 06:22 PM #5
    Awesome. Congrats.

This kind of information is invaluable for all as each and every vehicle is so different. Excerpt below:

I just found the solution--which is so simple it is laughable!

Go to the right passenger side floor space (where the passenger's right foot would rest) of the 2010 Dodge Ram truck. Take a screw driver and pop out the plastic floor "kick plate" located along the side at the edge of the carpet.

You will now see two antenna plugs. One is metal for the AM/FM radio in case it has to be replaced. The other is yellow plastic and is for the satellite radio antenna.

Just unplug it and you can plug in an auxilliary antenna--either on the front of your truck or atop the camper--for use when your camper is on the truck. I chose the SRTMM-01 Satellite Radio Truck Antenna by Pana-Pacific and mounted it on a high point on the camper. I run the cable (much smaller than the AM/FM co-axial cable) down through one of the truck windows. Problem solved!

By the way, I came up with this solution on my own. My Dodge dealer, truck owner's manual, Dodge customer support, Sirius radio support, and several so-called Dodge expert techs were all of absolutely zero help!

Happy campering!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder