Page 14 of 15 ... 412131415
    Mentor
    02-25-2010, 12:43 AM #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Damn that's funny!
    Funny thing...I was being serious! hahaha

Hope we have a stellar CC tomorrow! Watch for the numbers to be released before the CC about 30-60minutes early!

JS

Mentor
    02-25-2010, 02:41 AM #132
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bass

Glad to see you back at KOAT...I'm starting to pucker alittle bit about the CC tomorrow am. Did not like today's close...Thought we'd be at 1.15-1.18 going into tomorrow. Now not sure I have the huevos(balls)to go through another pullback with delisting hanging in the air...combined with the 12M 22% increase in short interest from 2 weeks ago...It's a damn good thing I dont have a colonoscopy scheduled for tomorrow...They wouldn't get very far. hahaha

Thanks to you and Dr D for the great information!

JS

Dr D...what happened to Ramsey...haven't seen him post in a while?
    LOL, he's getting up bright and early... I guess I can sleep in, as I don't have much on the line. But now you guys are getting me all excited to see what happens. Can we hit $1.25? $1.41? We bouncing off of $1? or 0.95?

As usual, I have a lot of other irons in the fire to watch, but I guess this is the most fun. I have a greater than 10% gain going into the earnings, so that satisfies that rule.... I'm hungry, need to head home...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-25-2010, 11:24 AM #133
    Every now and then we buy into penny stocks just to see them sink, sink, sink.

Some people say just sell it and take the loss. I myself say, just hold on, don't think about it much and wait and see what happens.

QASP has been one of those. I bought in at first around 2 cents just to see it go down and I forgot about. In no time it jumped back up and I sold. I've done that a dozen times in the last 6 months.

And then I bought a company called My Photopipe.com MPPC about 5 months ago. Well, it never did anything but tank.

I noticed it rise a bit in the last 3 days, and this morning it spiked. I sold out at a 50% profit. Right after that it dropped again.

The moral of the story is if you buy a stinky stock, just hold on. Sooner or later it's going to bounce back up. Had I sold it at a 50% loss 3 months ago, I would have been out a lot of profit.

I feel the same way about BCLE, BEHL, SIRI, GSAE, and even the Sponge. Sooner or later these all will turn into winners. It's just a matter of being tolerant and holding on tight!

02-25-2010, 12:01 PM #134
    What ^^^^ Candle said!

LT, I appreciate the links. Most of those companies are shells, just like VCTY.
    However, they are all represented by the Mina Mar Group. And they do a great job of finding other companies to take over the shells, and promoting this.
    If you're down on VCTY, just hang on like Candle suggested.

What goes down *usually* comes back up -even just a little bit- eventually.

Glad I got out of BEHL, however! I might jump in before the April 2 announcement of who the new CEO is going to be. I think there will be some buying in anticipation of that news, and that will create a little spike up in price on that day.

Buy on rumor, sell on news.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-25-2010, 12:06 PM #135
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    What ^^^^ Candle said!

LT, I appreciate the links. Most of those companies are shells, just like VCTY.
    However, they are all represented by the Mina Mar Group. And they do a great job of finding other companies to take over the shells, and promoting this.
    If you're down on VCTY, just hang on like Candle suggested.

What goes down *usually* comes back up -even just a little bit- eventually.

Glad I got out of BEHL, however! I might jump in before the April 2 announcement of who the new CEO is going to be. I think there will be some buying in anticipation of that news, and that will create a little spike up in price on that day.

Buy on rumor, sell on news.
    And pick the BASTARD'S POCKETS! LOL

Mentor
    02-25-2010, 09:32 PM #136
    So what happened with SIRI? I glanced at the report, but it was so long winded I gave up. What was the eps, and what was the analyst guess on eps? Did they make money?

I see my charts were in vain, the price didn't move, lol... hilarious.

Mentor
    02-25-2010, 11:27 PM #137
    Dr Dave

Breakeven for 4th qtr...beat street by .02...then...nothin!

Great guidance for 2010...zilch...nada...nothin!!

JS

Mentor
    02-26-2010, 02:15 AM #138
    lol,

Just be happy it held!!! You can't expect that much more run, nor would you want to after that near 100% gain we just had. Unless you really really really like riding roller coasters.

I don't really dig the price being below $1.08, but I'll take 1.07 for now, woulda been happier with 1.09, as 1.08 is kind of where the lines all met from my ancient chart.

Now let's hope it can hold the $1 mark.

Also, let's hope next quarter they actually post eps of 0.01. 0.01 is actually better than 0.02 or higher for the next one, as then they can calculate the %eps gain from 1 quarter to the next, can't do that with 0.00. It'll look better jumping from 0.01 later to say 0.04 than it would from 0.02 to 0.04... see what I mean... next quarter they would get a "-" since you can't divide by zero, etc. But 0.01 to 0.04 is a 300% gain in eps, where 0.02 to 0.04 is only 100%. Stupid stuff like that got JDSA to run.

Mentor
    02-26-2010, 10:36 AM #139
    Dr Dave

don't see + .01 1st qtr...traditionally worst qtr for company! Will probably show - .04-.06!

JS

Legend
    02-26-2010, 01:39 PM #140
    Just Sirius,
    Well if you believe next quarter is going to report -.04-.06 then why wouldnt you have sold everything at $1.13?
    Based on that quess how low do you think the stock will go over the next months, and after reporting 1st quarter results?