Page 2 of 15 123412 ...
    Mentor
    02-08-2010, 08:19 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I think there is still plenty of upward movement on OWVI. Maybe still a 50% move ahead.

I had to laugh Dave. You mentioned that you thought I was selling everything off. And, I am!!! But, it's going to be a couple of months to do it all at a profitable basis. In the meantime, I'll trade when the VERY short term moves look good.

I had put a ton of money in the market in the middle of the recession. But, now that we're on the other side, it's time to take it out slowly and reinvest it in my businesses. I've been in business for over 35 years and I've never taken a loan of any kind. I just invest the profits and take them back out when I need them.
    Lol, you need to take out a big loan from CIT, so John Thain can fund his new toilet!!!

Well, got the 0.0088 with some extra, but was hoping for a more solid candle.

Guru
    02-09-2010, 12:10 AM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hi Bill, good to have you back posting again!

This is my take on the economy.

I own businesses in two states. First in Southern Ohio. The economy is based on plastics and chemical manufacturing, along with Oil and Gas exploration. Other industries include higher education and health care. The economy is looking very much up there. Property prices rising and unemployment going down again. I also own businesses in the beach resort communities of North Carolina. Construction is WAY up over the last two years. Vacation rentals are up. Property prices are on the rise. Unemployment is improving. When things improve at the resorts, things must be good in middle to upper class America.

So, I'm very bullish on our future. I see things getting better every week.

I don't watch FOX or CNBC, I simply watch my community. And things are definitly better now than they were 18 to 24 months ago.
    Hey Candleman,

I have taken a leave of absence, but I think that I am back....at least more than before...thanks!

Guru
    02-09-2010, 12:14 AM #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Bill!

We sure miss you around here ... but understand being busy, working on the apts. in addition to the day job, in fact, took off a day last week to work here.

Yeah Saints! Great story and pretty good game, that onside kick to start the 2nd half ... Love that coach!

Being so entrenched in the underbelly of the penny world, haven't been paying a great deal of attention to the macro side of matters - "We" for lack of a better word went along in our little outlaw world basically oblivious to the market tanking last week. Not unconcerned just ... ignorance is bliss?

Dave, see CBAI has some news this morning, might get a rise out of it ... That share structure ... OK, I wont go there.

Etrade is acting up again with the great "Q", mentioned it in last weeks thread ... Back to triple zero's and a negative balance ... It was fixed late Saturday and now ... This is the third time since last Thursday. Very odd why this keeps happening ...

Anyone still holding QEDN? Heard they had similar problems ...
    Hey Tib,

You crack me up! Ya, it was a great game. The time it took to decide who had the ball on that onside kick was amazing. I thought it was going to be a pretty shitty game for a little bit there, but then it just got better and better. It was a really good game. Manning was marching down that field though..time after time. I haven't heard anything out of him yet since the Superbowl. He gets mad..he and Brady both do...

Anyway, it is great to be back!

Thanks!

Guru
    02-09-2010, 12:21 AM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

You dirty...rotten...old fart...Too busy to hang out with your "friends" I guess hanging out with the wealthy...beautiful mining barroness is more fun than hanging out with us perverts here on the blog! hahahaha

How have you been my friend! You dropping off the face of the earth...had us alittle worried...nah...not really!

I was actually hoping you kicked the bucket...so...i wouldn't have to pay up!

Stay thirsty my friend!

Jeff

Don't you answer your emails!!!!
    Hey Jeff,

I am done with that job at her home. I actually am doing my taxes (pre-doing them) before I turn them over to my CPA. Maybe in the next day or two I will be done with them, so I will be around the homestead here. Besides that, it snowed yesterday and today, so it is cold out, so staying home is just fine.

Oh, I have to go get a new T.V. tomorrow. The main T.V. is turning purple and the people are turning yellow We are due for a new one anyway, because we've had this one for 5 years and it is kind of outdated.

Emails...........I should check them......Man, I have just been so out of everything. I guess it is time to rejoin the Planet Earth.

Have a great evening....don't drink any poison...

Hornitos is fine.....just send cash...

Have a great evening!

Guru
    02-09-2010, 12:29 AM #15
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Bill

You dirty...rotten...old fart...Too busy to hang out with your "friends" I guess hanging out with the wealthy...beautiful mining barroness is more fun than hanging out with us perverts here on the blog! hahahaha

How have you been my friend! You dropping off the face of the earth...had us alittle worried...nah...not really!

I was actually hoping you kicked the bucket...so...i wouldn't have to pay up!

Stay thirsty my friend!

Jeff

Don't you answer your emails!!!!
    Jeff,

I didn't get any emails from you...I just checked!

Mentor
    02-09-2010, 03:14 AM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Jeff,

I am done with that job at her home. I actually am doing my taxes (pre-doing them) before I turn them over to my CPA. Maybe in the next day or two I will be done with them, so I will be around the homestead here. Besides that, it snowed yesterday and today, so it is cold out, so staying home is just fine.

Oh, I have to go get a new T.V. tomorrow. The main T.V. is turning purple and the people are turning yellow We are due for a new one anyway, because we've had this one for 5 years and it is kind of outdated.

Emails...........I should check them......Man, I have just been so out of everything. I guess it is time to rejoin the Planet Earth.

Have a great evening....don't drink any poison...

Hornitos is fine.....just send cash...

Have a great evening!

5 years and it's out already? Geez, I think I've had this one at least for 15+ and its doing fine, good lord, the thing could be 20 years old. Anyway, that kinda sucks, sure any hobbits didn't break in in the middle of the night and adjust the screen?

Mentor
    02-09-2010, 04:06 AM #17
    Speaking of which, what really is the deal with digital tv, and us not being able to get old school tv. Is it actually illegal to broadcast plain old TV???? Seems so weird to me. My TV is basically defunct, if it weren't for netflix... which I guess, I'll soon be phased out by blu-ray. It just seems that there would be some money to be made broadcasting normal TV, but you can't cause it's illegal.

What's the dealio?

Mentor
    02-09-2010, 09:10 AM #18
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Hey Tib,

You crack me up! Ya, it was a great game. The time it took to decide who had the ball on that onside kick was amazing. I thought it was going to be a pretty shitty game for a little bit there, but then it just got better and better. It was a really good game. Manning was marching down that field though..time after time. I haven't heard anything out of him yet since the Superbowl. He gets mad..he and Brady both do...

Anyway, it is great to be back!

Thanks!
    That was bizarre Bill, it reminded me of hockey scrum ... Doinked it right off his helmet! I like Manning, got to be tuff, yet pretty good for his father.

It's really great to see you back Bill, there times here where it was like a morgue and being forced to hang out on the shrub ... I could just as easily go back to the wacky weed if I really wanted to deplete the brain cell count any further ... speaking of the Masters at Butchering the English Language ...

Bad segue, since this is helpful ... The whole after hour Etrade zeroing stock scenario actually had a plausible explanation:

Posted by: Sharktnk Date: Monday, February 08, 2010 3:21:19 PM
    In reply to: CLAK who wrote msg# 78323 Post # of 78740

Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Email response from ETrade:
    Quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The price of this security is based on the last reported trade, which is presently $0.00. Please note that because QASP trades over the counter, a price may not be generated during non-market hours.

Brokerage firms are reliant on reports by the active market makers to generate an indicator of price for security trading over the counter. When no such report has been provided, a default price of zero it quoted instead. As soon as a report with trade details (executed price) has been received that is current, the price will be updated in our system and consequently, in your portfolio.

CLAK,

Thank you very much. This will be a good reference for the future, the next time the question arises.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=46417467

Mentor
    02-09-2010, 09:34 AM #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    The only part of the share structure I'm watching is the price, lol.
    The rest of that stuff just confuses me.

Anyway, upped my ante at 0.0082
    That's funny Dave, what confuses me is all those squiggly lines you guys are always drawing ...

There just may be something to the MM conspiracy business after all with the great "Q" - Ever since HDSN got off their ask (Read a pun right into that) it has been gradually making this climb - Either way, after all these months to finally be green for more than a minute or two ... fabulous! If we get some news while this is going ...

Enthusiast
    02-09-2010, 12:35 PM #20

Speaking of the Q

For all you Q watchers. Just noticed JSUP is gone from MM list. They sat at .05 for months on the sell side. Conspire!

Hey Tib: I'm celebrating the green with you. I've been in and out of this a few times and made some nice coin. I got caught being too aggressive on the last run and bought at .026. Do you see an exit above .03 on this run?

Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    That's funny Dave, what confuses me is all those squiggly lines you guys are always drawing ...

There just may be something to the MM conspiracy business after all with the great "Q" - Ever since HDSN got off their ask (Read a pun right into that) it has been gradually making this climb - Either way, after all these months to finally be green for more than a minute or two ... fabulous! If we get some news while this is going ...

Page 2 of 15 123412 ...