Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 145

Thread: Market Watch 2/8/2010-2/21/2010

  1. #1
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896

    Market Watch 2/8/2010-2/21/2010

    Congratulations New Orleans Saints!!

    You spanked Manning! He He! Way to go! Your City and state deserves it!

    Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

    Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

    Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

    If this is your first time here...then welcome!

    From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

    Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 02-15-2010 at 10:37 AM.

  2. #2
    billhart22 is offline
    Guru
    billhart22's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Posts: 4,896

    I have been really busy

    Sorry for slouching, but I have been really busy. The market also hasn't given me much reason to be over zealous about following it. Just watching the financials on T.V. is enough. Are we headed for the double-dip recession that I predicted?

    Comments are welcome on the subject. I personally don't believe that the worst is over. This is the reason that I am not investing right now.

    What do you guys think?

    I believe that we are in for real trouble.... (Not smiling about trouble...just smiling to be friendly).

    Bill

  3. #3
    Dr. Dave is offline
    Mentor
    Dr. Dave's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: SD Posts: 1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Sorry for slouching, but I have been really busy. The market also hasn't given me much reason to be over zealous about following it. Just watching the financials on T.V. is enough. Are we headed for the double-dip recession that I predicted?

    Comments are welcome on the subject. I personally don't believe that the worst is over. This is the reason that I am not investing right now.

    What do you guys think?

    I believe that we are in for real trouble.... (Not smiling about trouble...just smiling to be friendly).

    Bill
    The market needs a breather... but looking at the ultra long term charts - if we do get a deep correction, it shouldn't be as bad as the previous one... with the time that passed, the nyse line has advanced. I figure that's where buyers should step in.

    In the mean(short)time, we have a plethora of hammers going into monday. Futures are about even, or even up at this point, so I expect a short term bounce if we can confirm those hammers. I saw quite a few on 200 sma's.

    Can always trade pennies though. I'm maybe looking to roll my CBAI gains back into CBAI early this am, so might just stay up all night for it.

    Looking for SIRI to rally.

    If so, I'll likely start yanking out my calls. Make sure I profit... though, it could rally pretty hard here.

    Anyway, we have moderate reports this week, so we'll see what happens. Just gotta play things tight on the stops, take the gains on first flash of weakness, and lookout for potential shorts too.
    Positions: Change so often, it's no longer useful to update this...

  4. #4
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Sorry for slouching, but I have been really busy. The market also hasn't given me much reason to be over zealous about following it. Just watching the financials on T.V. is enough. Are we headed for the double-dip recession that I predicted?

    Comments are welcome on the subject. I personally don't believe that the worst is over. This is the reason that I am not investing right now.

    What do you guys think?

    I believe that we are in for real trouble.... (Not smiling about trouble...just smiling to be friendly).

    Bill
    Hi Bill, good to have you back posting again!

    This is my take on the economy.

    I own businesses in two states. First in Southern Ohio. The economy is based on plastics and chemical manufacturing, along with Oil and Gas exploration. Other industries include higher education and health care. The economy is looking very much up there. Property prices rising and unemployment going down again. I also own businesses in the beach resort communities of North Carolina. Construction is WAY up over the last two years. Vacation rentals are up. Property prices are on the rise. Unemployment is improving. When things improve at the resorts, things must be good in middle to upper class America.

    So, I'm very bullish on our future. I see things getting better every week.

    I don't watch FOX or CNBC, I simply watch my community. And things are definitly better now than they were 18 to 24 months ago.

  5. #5
    Los Tiburones is offline
    Mentor
    Los Tiburones's Avatar
    Joined: Feb 2009 Location: California Posts: 1,015
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Sorry for slouching, but I have been really busy. The market also hasn't given me much reason to be over zealous about following it. Just watching the financials on T.V. is enough. Are we headed for the double-dip recession that I predicted?

    Comments are welcome on the subject. I personally don't believe that the worst is over. This is the reason that I am not investing right now.

    What do you guys think?

    I believe that we are in for real trouble.... (Not smiling about trouble...just smiling to be friendly).

    Bill
    Hey Bill!

    We sure miss you around here ... but understand being busy, working on the apts. in addition to the day job, in fact, took off a day last week to work here.

    Yeah Saints! Great story and pretty good game, that onside kick to start the 2nd half ... Love that coach!

    Being so entrenched in the underbelly of the penny world, haven't been paying a great deal of attention to the macro side of matters - "We" for lack of a better word went along in our little outlaw world basically oblivious to the market tanking last week. Not unconcerned just ... ignorance is bliss?

    Dave, see CBAI has some news this morning, might get a rise out of it ... That share structure ... OK, I wont go there.

    Etrade is acting up again with the great "Q", mentioned it in last weeks thread ... Back to triple zero's and a negative balance ... It was fixed late Saturday and now ... This is the third time since last Thursday. Very odd why this keeps happening ...

    Anyone still holding QEDN? Heard they had similar problems ...

  6. #6
    just sirius is online now
    Mentor
    just sirius's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 1,170
    Bill

    You dirty...rotten...old fart...Too busy to hang out with your "friends" I guess hanging out with the wealthy...beautiful mining barroness is more fun than hanging out with us perverts here on the blog! hahahaha

    How have you been my friend! You dropping off the face of the earth...had us alittle worried...nah...not really!

    I was actually hoping you kicked the bucket...so...i wouldn't have to pay up!

    Stay thirsty my friend!

    Jeff

    Don't you answer your emails!!!!
    PURCHASED THE CABIN IN THE WOODS...THANKS MEL, MALONE, AND THE BLUE DOG

  7. #7
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    OWVI

    I said Friday morning to keep an eye on this one.
    She's up more than 50% since then. And there is plenty of room to grow on this one.


    Sprint...S

    Still rocking away. Plenty of money here just waiting to be picked up.


    QASP is on a run over the last couple of days. Another nice stock to pick 10 or 20% up in a day or two.

  8. #8
    Dr. Dave is offline
    Mentor
    Dr. Dave's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: SD Posts: 1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Hey Bill!

    We sure miss you around here ... but understand being busy, working on the apts. in addition to the day job, in fact, took off a day last week to work here.

    Yeah Saints! Great story and pretty good game, that onside kick to start the 2nd half ... Love that coach!

    Being so entrenched in the underbelly of the penny world, haven't been paying a great deal of attention to the macro side of matters - "We" for lack of a better word went along in our little outlaw world basically oblivious to the market tanking last week. Not unconcerned just ... ignorance is bliss?

    Dave, see CBAI has some news this morning, might get a rise out of it ... That share structure ... OK, I wont go there.

    Etrade is acting up again with the great "Q", mentioned it in last weeks thread ... Back to triple zero's and a negative balance ... It was fixed late Saturday and now ... This is the third time since last Thursday. Very odd why this keeps happening ...

    Anyone still holding QEDN? Heard they had similar problems ...
    The only part of the share structure I'm watching is the price, lol.
    The rest of that stuff just confuses me.

    Anyway, upped my ante at 0.0082
    Positions: Change so often, it's no longer useful to update this...

  9. #9
    Dr. Dave is offline
    Mentor
    Dr. Dave's Avatar
    Joined: Apr 2009 Location: SD Posts: 1,879
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    OWVI

    I said Friday morning to keep an eye on this one.
    She's up more than 50% since then. And there is plenty of room to grow on this one.


    Sprint...S

    Still rocking away. Plenty of money here just waiting to be picked up.


    QASP is on a run over the last couple of days. Another nice stock to pick 10 or 20% up in a day or two.

    Nice on OWVI - I wasn't awake on friday in time to see your post and do anything... I liked it's finish that day, would have liked to be in EOD, was too crazy with other stuff this morning. SINX was on my radar, but blew it, it took off way too fast. Just had time for CBAI. Hopefully, it'll get 0.0088 today.
    Positions: Change so often, it's no longer useful to update this...

  10. #10
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Nice on OWVI - I wasn't awake on friday in time to see your post and do anything... I liked it's finish that day, would have liked to be in EOD, was too crazy with other stuff this morning. SINX was on my radar, but blew it, it took off way too fast. Just had time for CBAI. Hopefully, it'll get 0.0088 today.
    I think there is still plenty of upward movement on OWVI. Maybe still a 50% move ahead.

    I had to laugh Dave. You mentioned that you thought I was selling everything off. And, I am!!! But, it's going to be a couple of months to do it all at a profitable basis. In the meantime, I'll trade when the VERY short term moves look good.

    I had put a ton of money in the market in the middle of the recession. But, now that we're on the other side, it's time to take it out slowly and reinvest it in my businesses. I've been in business for over 35 years and I've never taken a loan of any kind. I just invest the profits and take them back out when I need them.

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •