View Poll Results: Is the exclusive at&t deal holding you back?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Nope, I made the switch.

1 33.33%
  • Yes, I am waiting.

1 33.33%
  • I was waiting but, I dont care anymore now that the Droid is out.

1 33.33%
    Head Honcho
    02-04-2010, 03:27 PM #1

at&t exclusivity on iPhone makes me nuts

I am not sure I want/need an iPhone but, what I do know is, I wont even consider one if it means switching to at&t. I am curious if anyone else here is waiting for the exclusive deal to expire before they purchase a new iPhone.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-05-2010, 12:07 AM #2
    Don't believe the smear campaign. I've had an iPhone since the 3G came out and had no problems with AT&T whatsoever. A good friend of mine is a rep for Verizon and he had a Droid. We compared speed and it was much slower. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you'll be fine with AT&T.

Plus with the iPad deal, I'm not sure that it'll come to Verizon.

Head Honcho
    02-05-2010, 03:41 AM #3
    Thats the thing, an iPhone would be most useful to me when I am in the middle of nowhere. When I am home, I have my computer, when I am away on a ski trip in the mountains, I need a smartphone that gets reception.

What do you think about the plan prices? Don't you think they would come down if the iPhone was open to other providers? I don't know what the monthly fee is now but, I remember it was surprisingly high when it was first released.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-08-2010, 08:58 PM #4
    The unlimited plans have come down on price, but the minimum and data have remained the same. It is a little steep compared to some, maybe a little higher than the average Blackberry. My opinion is they are all heading lower, as there is a lot of competition in the space, and smaller carriers like Sprint and T-Mobile are not going away.

I've found that the iPhone still works outdoors away from civilization (depending on how far away), but the speed is a little slower. My guess is some of those areas would be covered by V's 3g network, which is slow, but not as slow as Edge.