Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-05-2010, 10:07 AM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Anyone know what happened to Bill??? He hasn't answered a PM or an email!

JEFF
    Bill is very busy these days. His days are filled with visiting the Gold Baron's wife and installing tile. His nights are filled singing and dancing with Lady Gaga.

A man that busy has no time for us small time investors....

I do hope all is well with him. The place just isn't the same when he isn't around!

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 10:11 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Sprint (S) back down to 3.40ish, Jetblue (JBLU) 4.72, Dryships (DRYS) 5.36, Oceanfreight (OCNF) .78 are all great buys here. OCNF may take alittle longer to pickup...

Chuck...still looking for that small loan...hahahaha

Jeff
    Jeff, those are all good picks for today. I wish I was in the buying mood. But, I've been selling more than buying. As our business is expanding this year, I'm having to pull out the profits that I made in the market this past year.

I think SIRI hasn't hit it's bottom yet. But, just to be safe, this probably is a pretty good time to buy into that stock too. The CC should be coming up soon and I'm thinking anyone buying today can pull a nice little 10 or 20% over the next couple of weeks.

Chuck

PS, a loan????? LOL

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 12:23 PM #33
    QASP is making a nice run today. Up to .025

OWVI, keep an eye on this one. It's making a large run today. I've been in and out of this one for the last 6 months. Some nice money can be made. Do some DD on One World Ventures.

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 02:18 PM #34
    OWVI up 28% so far today!

02-05-2010, 02:36 PM #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    plopped down the denaro for a lifetime sub on the wifes car as the freebe, 6 mo. try was coming to an end. The whole 9 yards package and in essence Siri paid for it!
    LT--
    I did the same exact thing last spring. Bought SIRI at $0.11 and sold some off at $0.27, IIRC. Used some of the funds to buy the factory Sirius tuner for my BMW, plus a subscription.

It feels SO good to know that Sirius paid for it.

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 05:06 PM #36
    OWVI ended the day up 32%! Keep an eye on this one Monday.

Mentor
    02-06-2010, 04:04 AM #37
    LOL, I thought you were going to cash out, now you're one of the top posters with JS!

Mentor
    02-07-2010, 11:33 AM #38
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    LT--
    I did the same exact thing last spring. Bought SIRI at $0.11 and sold some off at $0.27, IIRC. Used some of the funds to buy the factory Sirius tuner for my BMW, plus a subscription.

It feels SO good to know that Sirius paid for it.
    Can't beat that deal ...

Certainly have come a long way from the anguish ridden, paint drying days. Just got the most recent Ford magazine they put out, had a nice, couple page article\promotion on Sirius. One sub down, one to go ... Just need the truck to have it activated on ...

Any of the four charcter representatives below will suffice for proper funding of said truck, I'm not picky ...

Jumped, and let me emphasize that word, jumped into SKGO of "Shot -In-The-Gas" fame on Friday. Total impulse buy ... Saw it tanking a bit earlier and the news flashed up on the Power-Trade screen, it activated some twitch in my arm, bypassing the brain and the next thing I knew I owned shares that quickly became more worthless instantaneously ... Brilliant!

And then it only got better with some of the most bizarre PR's and explanations I have ever seen ... Too much to go into, looking for the exit door this week. (Note, only a couple hundred bucks on this one, not a biggie)

One I had on the watch list, OPLO - Pulled an unannounced R\S, the shrubbers are not amused ...

Have some odd behavior with the great Q on Etrade .. Thursday AM - It was showing as 0.00 and a total negative $ balance. It was cleared up shortly after the open but ... It did same thing sometime late Friday and caught yesterday ... Made some calls, other shrubbers having the same issue, even on different brokerages ... Much ado over nothing for the most part, corrected again ... Happened to check in on that upstanding citizen QEDN and they had the same problem apparently. Nobody made any grand speculations about possible up-listings or R\S, weeeeee, to the moon ...

Since it's been so quiet around here might as well ramble some more ...

KATZ is holding on quite nicely at this level, been picking up what I can on the dips ... Interestingly have had something of a hard time getting full orders filled, have had two partials over the last week or so. Nice to avg. down and still be Kermit the frog ....

MMUH - Great potential me thinks ... The stay got stayed again so getting the product over here is still much in dispute ... Think I am going to give one of these e-cigs a try, the wife is about 8 days into cold turkey mode and for us married folks it's not the words said, just that osmosis-like quality that eats into your subconscious ... you know you are being watched ... BTW - Something about hostility emanating from those weaning off the cancer sticks ... It's all TRUE! - I have resorted to being a more or less a mime, I have no opinion, no suggestions and especially no corrections ... "Yes dear, that's correct, it's the Bronco's and Miami in the Super Bowl today".
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 02-07-2010 at 11:36 AM. Reason: clarification ...

Mentor
    02-08-2010, 01:11 AM #39
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/CIT-na...&asset=&ccode=

I wonder if he gets to bring his $16000 toilet, or he opted for a better one in his contract.

Mentor
    02-08-2010, 01:13 AM #40
    I think it's in the contract "CIT Group declined to disclose details of Thain's compensation package."

Page 4 of 4 ... 234