Page 1 of 4 123 ...
    Mentor
    02-01-2010, 10:12 AM #1

Market Watch for 2/1/ 2010 thru 2/14/2010

Thought I would take the inititive and start the next watch ...

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 10:16 AM #2

Copper

Borrowed from the shrub, (Note his signiture ) ...

Posted by: crudeoil24 Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:38:53 PM
    In reply to: Texas Ripper who wrote msg# 19511 Post # of 19570

Copper’s Down, Next Test for Market: Philly Semis.
    By Tiernan Ray
    Copper’s futures are sounding an alarm, note our friends at Asbury Research. They’d warned a week ago that copper futures prices were a key indicator for overall market health, arguing that it would important for copper to stay in a support range of $3.23 to $3.27 per pound.
    But copper’s broken through that support level, falling 4 cents today to $3.05 for the February futures contract. During the last week, Dow Transports have fallen 155 points, they add, and the S&P has fallen 3.3%.

The next crucial test of equity investor enthusiasm, writes Asbury, is the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index. The SOX tends to lead the tech sector, and techs tend to lead the broader market.

The SOX has broken down in the face of resistance at 337, they say, will it stay at or near a support level at 332? The SOX is at 314 today. (I would add that the Semiconductor HLDR Exchange Traded Fund (SMH) follows pretty closely the SOX.) As Asbury concludes:

How the SOX responds to this potentially bullish near term environment over the next several days will be seen as an important indication of whether the mid January decline in the US stock market continues from here, or if its larger 2009 uptrend resumes.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowat...-philly-semis/
    __________________________________________________ _____________

To be is to do.(Socrates) To do is to be.(Plato) Do be do be do!!!!!(Sinatra)

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=46111578
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 02-01-2010 at 10:24 AM.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-01-2010, 10:30 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Borrowed from the shrub, (Note his signiture ) ...

Posted by: crudeoil24 Date: Sunday, January 31, 2010 10:38:53 PM
    In reply to: Texas Ripper who wrote msg# 19511 Post # of 19570

Copper’s Down, Next Test for Market: Philly Semis.
    By Tiernan Ray
    Copper’s futures are sounding an alarm, note our friends at Asbury Research. They’d warned a week ago that copper futures prices were a key indicator for overall market health, arguing that it would important for copper to stay in a support range of $3.23 to $3.27 per pound.
    But copper’s broken through that support level, falling 4 cents today to $3.05 for the February futures contract. During the last week, Dow Transports have fallen 155 points, they add, and the S&P has fallen 3.3%.

The next crucial test of equity investor enthusiasm, writes Asbury, is the Philadelphia Semiconductor Index. The SOX tends to lead the tech sector, and techs tend to lead the broader market.

The SOX has broken down in the face of resistance at 337, they say, will it stay at or near a support level at 332? The SOX is at 314 today. (I would add that the Semiconductor HLDR Exchange Traded Fund (SMH) follows pretty closely the SOX.) As Asbury concludes:

How the SOX responds to this potentially bullish near term environment over the next several days will be seen as an important indication of whether the mid January decline in the US stock market continues from here, or if its larger 2009 uptrend resumes.

http://blogs.barrons.com/stockstowat...-philly-semis/

To be is to do.(Socrates) To do is to be.(Plato) Do be do be do!!!!!(Sinatra)

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=46111578
    You gotta love that signature! Ah...Sinatra.....

Hey, one of my favorite stocks to trade is Jet Blue Airways..JBLU. That stock was beaten down by over 15% last week, after reporting great results. So, I think the next day or two would be a great time to buy in and ride this stock for a few days. Could be a quick 10% on your money in just a few days. It should open around 5 bucks this morning.

Chuck
    Last edited by candleman; 02-01-2010 at 10:35 AM.

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 11:17 AM #4
    Chuck

I was thinking the same thing. Saw CEO JBLU on CNBC...nothing but good things to say...I would look for them to rebound in a big way over the next 3-9 months. Airline stocks have been up...they have been down...rebound coming!

JS

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 11:18 AM #5
    Chuck

What about Sprint...they have dropped off the table as well. That one has also been a good play for you as well! Do you think another rebound for them is in near future?

JS

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 12:51 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Chuck

What about Sprint...they have dropped off the table as well. That one has also been a good play for you as well! Do you think another rebound for them is in near future?

JS
    Jeff,
    Sprint S is way down right now. About 3.30 or so. S&P sees a 6 dollar target as a few others do too. However, Second Opinon just dropped S to avoid. So, it's a mixed bag on this one.

My gosh, they advertise a lot to sports fans and to music fans. An awful lot of people still use the NexTel network for communicating on job sites.

So....I feel really good about making plays on this stock. I buy it anytime it's below 3.50 and sell it everytime that it hits 4.05. It does this on a regular basis and that makes it a nice paycheck every other month or so.

I think right now is a very good time to buy Sprint.

The one thing about investing in stocks like Sprint and JetBlue is that these are REAL businesses. They do make money and they have products to sell. And they don't cost a lot to get involved with. 1400 shares of either company will cost between 4500 and 7000 bucks. When those 1400 shares rise 25 cents, you would make 300 bucks or so after commissions. You can trade these stocks every 7 to 10 days and make that 300 bucks each time.

With the penny stocks, it's usually a very short time period to make your money. If you miss the window, you're stuck with seemingly worthless stock. If Sprint or JetBlue go down, they'll be back up in a few weeks or months. And in the meantime they don't drop huge amounts.

I have been so burned by the likes of BEHL, QASP, CHMP, OCNF, GSAE.....geez, these guys go down and down and down........ It's hard to find exit points if you miss the one big run up.

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 05:27 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Chuck

JS
    Both JBLU and S were up nearly 2% today. I think they will be rising all week right along with the rest of the market.

Addict
    02-01-2010, 06:44 PM #8

Expu

Hi guys, just thought I'd bring this one to your attention.
    Extremely low OS and float. Plus a profitable 2009!!

Outstanding Shares
    approx 43MILLION as of November 2009
    Authorized Shares
    100,000,000 as of Jan 9, 2009
    Float
    approx 22MILLION as of November

Expert Group, Inc. Releases 2009 Financial Data
    marketwire

Companies:
    o Expert Group, Inc.

Press Release Source: Expert Group On Monday February 1, 2010, 4:00 pm

MIAMI, FL--(Marketwire - 02/01/10) - Expert Group, Inc. (Pinksheets:EXPU - News), an FHA certified financial lending institution specializing in home and commercial real estate loans, is pleased to announce the Company's 4th quarter and total year end numbers for 2009.

Expert Group finished the year with $515,091 in gross income and $167,322 in net income. This is a 61% increase in total revenues from 2008 of $318,626 gross income and a 343% increase in net income. Expert Group will upload the Company's official financials to the Pink Sheets website and the Expert Group Blog http://www.expertgroupblog.com this month.

In the fourth Quarter of 2009, the Company opened two new locations that continue to add significant income to our bottom line. The Company currently operates from three locations and has numerous loan officers actively seeking and securing new business under the Expert Financing umbrella.

Robert Rico stated: "2009 was a remarkable year for Expert Group. We finished the year as a solidly profitable company. We moved into 2010 with money in the bank and $ 3,485,537 worth of originations in our pipeline. The 'Expert Financing' name is already a recognized brand in the South Florida marketplace and I'm pleased to say that there are material events about to come to fruition that will enhance our visibility and brand exponentially. The "Expert Financing" name is about to go into overdrive."

Investors are encouraged to call, email, or visit the company at any of our three locations.

About Expert Group, Inc.

Expert Group, Inc. markets a variety of financial products and services through Expert Financing & Investments; with multiply offices throughout South Florida Expert is rapidly becoming a market leader in the multi billion dollar Florida market. Expert is licensed by the Department of Financial Regulations and a member of FAMB, FHA and VA Lender.

About Expert Financing:

Expert financing offers up-to-date loan programs tailored to all borrowers' needs, specializing in Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, conventional and non-conventional loans of all sizes. Let Expert Find the Right Loan for You.

Certain statements in this release and the attached corporate profile that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "future," "may," "will," "would," "should," "plan," "projected," "intend," and similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of the Company to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The Company's future operating results are dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to the Company's ability to: (i) obtain sufficient capital or a strategic business arrangement to fund its expansion plans; (ii) build the management and human resources and infrastructure necessary to support the growth of its business; (iii) competitive factors and developments beyond the Company's control; and (iv) other risk factors.

?
    Expert Financing Locations:

17501 Biscayne Blvd #540
    North Miami Beach, Fl 33160

1065 Kane Concourse
    Bal Harbour, FL 33180

19501 Biscayne Blvd
    Miami, FL 33180-2377

Mentor
    02-01-2010, 07:09 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Jeff,
    Sprint S is way down right now. About 3.30 or so. S&P sees a 6 dollar target as a few others do too. However, Second Opinon just dropped S to avoid. So, it's a mixed bag on this one.

My gosh, they advertise a lot to sports fans and to music fans. An awful lot of people still use the NexTel network for communicating on job sites.

So....I feel really good about making plays on this stock. I buy it anytime it's below 3.50 and sell it everytime that it hits 4.05. It does this on a regular basis and that makes it a nice paycheck every other month or so.

I think right now is a very good time to buy Sprint.

The one thing about investing in stocks like Sprint and JetBlue is that these are REAL businesses. They do make money and they have products to sell. And they don't cost a lot to get involved with. 1400 shares of either company will cost between 4500 and 7000 bucks. When those 1400 shares rise 25 cents, you would make 300 bucks or so after commissions. You can trade these stocks every 7 to 10 days and make that 300 bucks each time.

With the penny stocks, it's usually a very short time period to make your money. If you miss the window, you're stuck with seemingly worthless stock. If Sprint or JetBlue go down, they'll be back up in a few weeks or months. And in the meantime they don't drop huge amounts.

I have been so burned by the likes of BEHL, QASP, CHMP, OCNF, GSAE.....geez, these guys go down and down and down........ It's hard to find exit points if you miss the one big run up.

Thanks Chuck

Now...you got 4500-7000 to lend...all my cash is tied up in siri and acouple of those dogs you have listed! LOL

Sirius XM is on a tear...This has been a long almost 2 years with this one...never again...so..for now...just reaping the rewards...about 2-3k per day!

have a great day tomorrow!

Jeff

02-01-2010, 08:31 PM #10

Hehe...you only get burned if you sell guys/gals!!! At least two of these ended in the green today, which made my day. Yeah it's a bummer watching these go down almost on a daily basis, but they haven't yet so far sunken down to the triple 000's which makes me think they may be legitimate, and not your typical pump and dump scams. I could also be dead wrong, but hope I'm not.

I could be making decent $$$ by flipping these guys, but don't have the ability to watch em close on my phone at work. I did get out of ocnf at around .93 at a slight loss, but may get back in if it starts moving up again. My two very speculative positions are in HESG and BZCN, but I'm only in for a few hundred a piece on em, so am not sweating it at all.

After all, Im still holding SIRI @ .20....good for a 3 bagger and valued at more than I started with in my own cash.

I say "Hang I there" guys/gals, it's only money. Just as long as your not playing with money you need to pay the bills.

Andy

Page 1 of 4 123 ...