Page 8 of 10 ... 678910
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-03-2010, 05:04 PM #71
    hmmm Down 6% for the day.

We had a fun time playing the end of year price challenge with the KOAT folks. I'd like to see us do that again for this month.

My guess is that we'll trend down towards .75 and hold there until the full quarterly report is released.

Guru
    02-03-2010, 05:41 PM #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Picked up another 2500 shares at .8675 on the dip. Lets see how this plays out.
    What do people think about whats happening today?

The conference call date is supposed to be sometimes toward the end of Feb.
    TOS had in interesting discussion about people buying to fulfill options that are set to expire. It was an interesting discussion. Maybe the options contracts have been fulfilled, and now we have some profit taking. The good news is that we were up in AH trading.

Here's to another day!!

02-04-2010, 09:55 AM #73

Daily wtf is going on in the world report.

Today is looking to be the 1st down day after the rest of the world has moved down. I call it the trifecta. Yesterday, Asia, Europe and the US markets were down, last night the Asian markets followed the US. Europe followed suit overnight and it is showing up in the premarket for the US. What TF does all this mumbo jumbo mean, in reality probably nothing, in the Steelers locker room it means everything to Big Ben. The markets are way over bought and I still believe we are in a bubble. Every piece of economic data pricks another hole in the bubble. This economy has been propped up by the government. 2/3rds of the GDP is the shifting of inventory, nothing more. Now that we have a little current events 2day history, what do we do to make some cash, realized cash...Havashank. Yesterday we had two huge opportunities to pick off FAZ and FXP. Look at a two day graph with volume. Its very clear what is going on with these stocks, when FXP crosses the 9$ mark, money comes in, clearly. FAZ does the exact same thing around 18.5-18.75...these stocks are both screaming buys! Please someone buy a hundred shares and start a position that is contrary to all of your long positions. You can make money on down days, trust me. Both stocks are up in premarket and are still safe to buy at these levels, they will run up a nice % today and with the job report tomorrow, 10.1% unemployment it will run up tomorrow. The report that just came out is going to smack the longs in the face. The report tomorrow will be the uppercut the shorts are looking for. Good luck.

As for SIRI it will pull back with the rest of the market, down .015 already. For most on here, nothing gained nothing lost eh? ? The next time this stock spikes to mid .9s will anyone shave shares, probably not...stiffs. This stock is far from dead money now, its a traders stock now. I made a quick realized 100$ on my move the other day, unfortunately that is more than most buy and holders. Do pigs fly is the ?, not sure but they sure do sink when they are thrown into water. Good luck today...can we see a .7 handle in the next two days...I do think so. Protect your stack because the big blind will take your money if you let him.

Big Ben

I purchased a mifi hot spot from Verizon, neat little thing, I will be on my laptop all day going forward. If anyone cares about my short swing trade, I can help you, just ask.

02-04-2010, 10:03 AM #74
    Chanos is on CNBC right now talking about the CHINA Bubble, 70 billion sqft under construction right now! 30b is commercial, what? 5 sqft for every person in China, wow. China is DUBAI X 1000. The banks are about to actually step on the brake, not just hover.

Jobless claims are up again, no shit. Ask around is anyone hiring? No.

We are screwed. Unemployment might ride at 11% for years before leveling off. Come on people the writing is on the wall. Get short, except for SIRI, I know you'll never sell those shares.

Big Ben

02-04-2010, 10:55 AM #75
    FXP,FAZ on fire. Alone in rightsville again. Getting lonely over here. LOL.

Good luck.

Mentor
    02-04-2010, 11:27 AM #76
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    hmmm Down 6% for the day.

We had a fun time playing the end of year price challenge with the KOAT folks. I'd like to see us do that again for this month.

My guess is that we'll trend down towards .75 and hold there until the full quarterly report is released.
    Ya know what's really amazing Chuck?

As far apart as they were in their respective predictions . . . Dr. Dave and Relmor are separated by only about 35 days from both being correct . . . I would'a never thought is possible - lol!

Legend
    02-04-2010, 11:29 AM #77
    Ben,
    My question still remains. If you were so certain that Siri was headed back down why not short at .93? Just curious. I will buy a little more if it goes back into the 70's.
    I would definitely agree that there are a lot of very serious problems in our economy and that there are bubbles throughout the Chinese economy.

Mentor
    02-04-2010, 11:29 AM #78
    January auto sales came in real light . . .

Mentor
    02-04-2010, 11:40 AM #79
    SIRIUS XM Radio Now Available on BlackBerry

NEW YORK, Feb 04, 2010 /PRNewswire via COMTEX News Network/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced the
    availability of a free application for BlackBerry(R) smartphones, giving consumers access to over 120 channels of sports, talk,
    entertainment, news, comedy and commercial-free music on compatible models of the popular BlackBerry devices -- the
    BlackBerry Storm(TM), Bold(TM), Tour(TM) and Curve(TM).
    (Logo: http://www.newscom.com/cgi-bin/prnh/...19/NYTU044LOGO )
    The free SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry gives mobile consumers the freedom to listen to SIRIUS XM's Premium Online content on
    the go on their BlackBerry smartphones over cellular and WiFi networks.
    "SIRIUS XM makes it easy for BlackBerry users to discover entirely commercial-free music and enjoy audio entertainment they
    will not find anywhere else," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM. "We are truly excited to
    launch the SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry, giving millions of discerning mobile consumers the ability to take our superior
    Premium Online programming with them on the go."
    SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry provides subscribers to SIRIUS or XM Premium Online who own compatible BlackBerry devices
    the ability to access exclusive sports talk and entertainment programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service. Exclusive
    programming includes MLB Home Plate, SIRIUS NFL Radio, NHL Home Ice, PGA TOUR, Mad Dog Radio with Chris Russo, CNN,
    Fox News Talk, NPR, The Foxxhole channel presented by Jamie Foxx, Blue Collar Comedy Radio, The Virus featuring Opie &
    Anthony, Playboy Radio, Rosie Radio, Oprah Radio, and Martha Stewart Living Radio.
    SIRIUS and XM Premium Online subscribers can listen to commercial-free music featuring exclusive programming from SIRIUS
    XM's satellite radio service, such as Bob Dylan's Theme Time Radio Hour and Tom Petty's Buried Treasure. Premium Online
    subscribers can also hear a broad array of 24/7 artist-branded music channels such as The Grateful Dead Channel, Eminem's
    Shade 45, Jimmy Buffett's Radio Margaritaville, "Little Steven" Van Zandt's Underground Garage and Outlaw Country channels,
    B.B. King's Bluesville, Willie Nelson's Willie's Place, Elvis Radio, Siriusly Sinatra, and Metropolitan Opera Radio. In addition,
    Premium Online subscribers have access to more than 70 commercial-free music channels, such as, dance channel BPM, new
    country music channel The Highway, and indie rock channel SIRIUS XMU.
    Also available to Premium Online subscribers are exclusive showcase channels that feature multiple plays of exclusive
    programming from SIRIUS XM's satellite radio service, including such acclaimed shows as Rosie Radio, The Jamie Foxx Show,
    specials from Blue Collar Comedy and Raw Dog Comedy, selections from the Artist Confidential series, and selections from
    exclusive live SIRIUS XM music performances, including pop, rock, hip-hop, country, jazz, and more, available for the first time on
    compatible BlackBerry models.
    Select programming, including MLB Play-by-Play, NFL Play-by-Play, SIRIUS NASCAR Radio, and Howard Stern, will not be
    available via the SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry. Listeners will continue to be able to access that programming through the
    SIRIUS XM platforms where they are currently offered.
    SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry allows users to:
    l Surf through over 120 channels of SIRIUS XM Premium Online programming on the go.
    l Bookmark SIRIUS XM Internet channels for fast, easy access through a "Favorites" function.
    l View the current channel plus what is playing on all other available channels via the "Lookaround" function.
    SIRIUS XM App for BlackBerry is available as a free download by visiting www.siriusxm.com/blackberry on your computer or
    BlackBerry browser. After downloading the free App, users of compatible BlackBerry devices can register for a 7-day free trial to
    SIRIUS XM Premium Online on their smartphone.
    At launch, the free App will be available on the following BlackBerry models:
    l Storm(TM) 9530
    l Storm2(TM) 9550
    l Bold(TM) 9000
    l Bold(TM) 9700
    l Tour(TM) 9630
    l Curve(TM) 8900
    l Curve(TM) 8520
    l Curve(TM) 8530
    There is no additional charge for listening to SIRIUS XM's Premium Online programming on a BlackBerry once a user becomes a
    SIRIUS XM Premium Online Internet subscriber or subscribes to the Company's Premium Online service in conjunction with their
    satellite radio subscription.
    For more information on SIRIUS XM, please visit www.siriusxm.com.
    About SIRIUS XM Radio
    SIRIUS XM Radio is America's satellite radio company delivering to subscribers commercial-free music channels, premier sports,
    news, talk, entertainment, and traffic and weather.
    SIRIUS XM Radio has content relationships with an array of personalities and artists, including Howard Stern, Martha Stewart,
    Oprah Winfrey, Rosie O'Donnell, Jamie Foxx, Barbara Walters, Opie & Anthony, Bubba the Love Sponge(R), Bob Edwards,
    Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, Jimmy Buffett, The Grateful Dead, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty.

SOURCE SIRIUS XM Radio
    Copyright (C) 2010 PR Newswire. All rights reserved

Legend
    02-04-2010, 12:02 PM #80
    Thanks for the blackberry info SP. Cool.
    Auto sales are likely to be weak in Feb. given the season and the Toyota mess.
    There were 3 less days in Jan. compared to last year so it would have been a little higher normally but still it was low.

Page 8 of 10 ... 678910