Page 10 of 10 ... 8910
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    02-05-2010, 10:14 AM #91
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    The White House is going to speak to the jobs report at 9:35 AM, how strategic. The market is turning on these numbers, wow, the masses move like sheep, its actually amazing.

BB
    Yes, Ben, we may move like sheep, but we've been making money following along. And that's the whole name of the game. Anyone who hasn't doubled thier money this year, just wasn't playing with a full deck.

02-05-2010, 10:41 AM #92
    Candleman are you watching the turn? Amazing the slide is coming quick. Holly head fake, shorts lead, report comes out, shorts swing to the biggest losers, and now the reality is MM wanted you to feel calm, even for 7 minutes, thats enough time to allow the big boys out and sheep to be left holding the bag. The close today could be full of fireworks.

BB

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 10:58 AM #93
    Candleman are you watching the turn? Amazing the slide is coming quick. Holly head fake, shorts lead, report comes out, shorts swing to the biggest losers, and now the reality is MM wanted you to feel calm, even for 7 minutes, thats enough time to allow the big boys out and sheep to be left holding the bag. The close today could be full of fireworks.

BB
    My eyes are wide open and I'm trading. There is a lot of money to be made in a market like this.

FXP is up a bit, FAZ seems to be faultering.

SIRI is a bouncing ball, which makes for some very profitable short term (15 minute) trades.
    Last edited by candleman; 02-05-2010 at 11:01 AM.

02-05-2010, 02:46 PM #94
    Is anyone watching the market? Full on out dismantling of gains. All shorts are on fire, I hope someone picked up some shorts, they are smoking it out!

Big Ben

02-05-2010, 03:07 PM #95

$1 by March 1

I'm just figuring the whole thing has to pop to a dollar by March 1. Is that a strange thought? I don't think so considering the listing requirements.

Legend
    02-05-2010, 03:42 PM #96
    No it doesnt have to pop to $1 by March 1 (remember also it still has to be over $1 for 10 days straignt).
    Alternative scenarios are they announce an R/S (which Mel says he doesnt want to do), they get an extension for the $1 rule (i put my money on this one), or SXM is completely exempted from the rule because of their market cap (i would think thats highly unlikely).
    It will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.

02-05-2010, 04:03 PM #97
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    No it doesnt have to pop to $1 by March 1 (remember also it still has to be over $1 for 10 days straignt).
    Alternative scenarios are they announce an R/S (which Mel says he doesnt want to do), they get an extension for the $1 rule (i put my money on this one), or SXM is completely exempted from the rule because of their market cap (i would think thats highly unlikely).
    It will certainly be interesting to see how it all plays out.
    I agree with the request for the extension. That will buy Sirius all the time they need. I believe each week Sirius will start to close higher then the previous week. The swings will be in there for the day traders so everyone should be happy.
    The public enviroment is staying positive regarding Sirius, and the CC will continue the upward movement and positive perception.
    What contributions Liberty will make or can in the short term remains to be seen, However, long term synergies look very promising.
    imho
    vaporgold

Mentor
    02-05-2010, 05:04 PM #98
    Is anyone watching the market? Full on out dismantling of gains. All shorts are on fire, I hope someone picked up some shorts, they are smoking it out!

Big Ben
    Wow Ben, what a beautiful day. SIRI closes at .86, and ALL the major American exchanges are UP!!!!

That's a great way to head into Super Bowl weekend!

Legend
    02-05-2010, 07:29 PM #99

Big Ben
    Yes i was watching Ben. The market went up! Did you have fun trading today? lol. Its the reason i dont want to be a trader.

Guru
    02-08-2010, 11:53 AM #100
    As for TCK...I don't know much about it but it went down on high volume today. I just read the profile to get an idea of what they do. I would be careful on the open tomorrow, should be very slippery. I would need to know your buy in points, your strategy, is it a long term play? Need more info to give actual actionable advise. Did you buy all at once? Cost per share? If you were buying it for a trade, short term gain or spike, sell that pig the first chance you get. If you believe in it fundamentally, I would wait out this down trend and maybe even dollar cost average if you can wait for a turnaround, more long term strategy. I used to own a few Canadian Oil trusts for the dividends alone, this does not have a dividend, as far as I can see. Could be wrong but don't see it.

Big Ben
    I bought for a short term play, but got burnt. The stock has traded in nice swings for a long time - I would buy red, sell green - it was easy. I bought on a nice red day, and it went more red the next day, so I bought more. Traded sideways for a while, and then went red again. Bought more.

It's up nicely today, and I think their CC is tomorrow. I have a long way to go. A weak dollar helps TCK. I'm holding for a while.

Page 10 of 10 ... 8910