Page 2 of 10 1234 ...
    Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-27-2010, 12:15 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/26/sir...echannelforbes

Good morning all,

Great article found this morning. Nice to read an upbeat prediction.

Watching TV yesterday and Weather Guy cheerfully said, 'Get ready
    for a cold blast this week! Temps will struggle to reach high 20's'
    Nice. Just what I wanted to hear. Minutes earlier Propane Man was
    delivering his liquid gold to my house. Haven't seen the sun in over a
    week. Why wasn't I born in California.

Michigan winters SUCK!!!

Hurry Spring.

Julie
    Hi Julie,
    Sunny and 50 degrees on the Outer Banks today.
    But don't worry Julie, it will be sunny in Michigan sometime this year!!!

01-27-2010, 04:07 PM #12
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hi Julie,
    Sunny and 50 degrees on the Outer Banks today.
    But don't worry Julie, it will be sunny in Michigan sometime this year!!!
    Thanks for that Chuck. Still have that cruel streak running through
    you I see.

Mentor
    01-27-2010, 05:03 PM #13
    That was a beautiful close just a hair above 74 cents.

S&P raised SIRI to a B rating today. And Wunderlich started us as a buy today.

Things are looking very good for our company!

Yes Ben, you were wrong. This is not dead money, it's a great investment!

Mentor
    01-27-2010, 05:06 PM #14
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    Thanks for that Chuck. Still have that cruel streak running through
    you I see.
    LOL Julie...

Just to be fair, I thought I'd share this coming Friday's beach forecast with you.

High of 34, low of 21 with a lovely sleet and snow mix. It's not me that's cruel....it's the weather!!!!

Enthusiast
    01-27-2010, 05:33 PM #15
    Some good news throughout the day..

Today, January 27, 2010
    13:54 PM ET S&P Raises XM Satellite Radio Holdings Inc. Rtg To B From B-
    Dow Jones
    13:53 PM ET S&P Raises Sirius XM Radio Inc. Rtg To B From B-
    Dow Jones
    9:41 AM ET Sirius XM Radio Started At Buy By Wunderlich - Briefing.com SIRIDow Jones

01-27-2010, 05:42 PM #16
    Nice day, and we're finally seeing multiple sources of favorable news articles popping up. Even the idiots at "street.com" and the "fool" have been MIA with their constant bashing. Could it be, that many of the bashers "all" have a pretty good stake (own shares) in the stock, and they have no desire to see this puppy have to do a reverse split? I think so, I really do. Hell, 100,000 shares is a hell of a lot better than being left with 10,000 shares at say a 10:1 R/S. Sure, the new price reflects the split, but in the end, the "longs" almost always suffer in the end. A R/S no matter how anybody tries to sugarcoat it, is stil a negatively viewed event.

My prediction is that the usual bashers have enough money at stake in SIRI to not want to see this stock do a R/S. If we don't make the March delisting deadline and hit a $buck$, I believe we'll easily get a 6 month extension, and go over a buck in that alloted time frame. Either way, the fundamentals of the company are actually pretty darn good, especially considering we're in a full blown recession. All in all, things are looking up.
    Last edited by Doctor_G; 01-27-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Enthusiast
    01-27-2010, 06:04 PM #17

Future competition for SIRI - your thoughts?

I'm starting to wonder about future competition for SIRI.. Last year, the first internet radios became available for car installation. They're pretty expensive right now, but like all new stuff, the price will drop quickly. You would have to pay a monthly subscription fee, but you would have access to tens of thousands of stations.

Don't get me wrong here. I am a big fan of SIRI. I still hold 30K shares, which I have been holding long - while hoping we break through that one dollar barrier. I'm also a lifetime subscriber to 3 radios - one in each of two vehicles and one in the house. So I want to see SIRI really thrive and grow.

I just wonder if the advent of internet radio in cars could herald trouble in the not-too-distant future. Of course, SIRI would be able to offer Howard, some sports, and other exclusive programming. But if you put that up against competition that offers almost unlimited selection of international programming, it could be a tough nut to crack.

Would appreciate your thoughts.

01-27-2010, 06:11 PM #18
    Stiil hard to top commercial free music. Most folks drive an avg of 1/2 hr to work. If they are forced to listen to their local radio for the drive in, they are highly likely to hear a ton of commercials, along with a ton of nonesense from some morning DJ making failed attempts at humor. I've got Sat in my car, and I'm getting 30 mins of music for my drive. And if I need the weather, news or a quick sports update, I have it right at my fingertips.

Commercial free has always been the selling point for Sat Rad, and always will be. It's the advantge no other radio source can claim.

01-28-2010, 12:06 PM #19
    Im going to kill myself, sold at .76 from a buy at .621 many months ago and 5 min later its at 81.

Mentor
    01-28-2010, 12:13 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by jonpluc@aol.com View Post
    Im going to kill myself, sold at .76 from a buy at .621 many months ago and 5 min later its at 81.
    LOL Jonpluc....the same thing sort of happened to me. I had set a sell for 15000 shares at .80 and it sold also. I can't even remember when I set that sell or why. But, I paid less than .40 for them, so I'll not complain about a double!!!!

I'll buy back in at the first retrace to .76 (well, I ended up buying those shares back at .77)

Big Ben called this dead money not long ago. I have to say that I just love dead money if this is what it is...
    Last edited by candleman; 01-28-2010 at 05:04 PM.

Page 2 of 10 1234 ...