Page 1 of 10 123 ...
    Guru
    01-25-2010, 09:44 PM #1

Sirius Weekly Thread Week of 1/25/10

My first "weekly thread" start; I feel like a player.

So nothing to talk about today? Man, how have we regressed.

On the other hand, I made a wicked pot of Louisiana Red Beans and Rice yesterday for tonight's dinner. Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. My my wife is happy...........................................

SIRI is pissing me off a little. We get a nice boost last week only to come back to base by "death by pinpricks" (i.e. a cent a day). I would love to hold onto those gains.

A r/s is inevitable. At this point, I've flirted with losing everything; I don't give a $hit about a r/s. Bring it on. I' m in. I welcome the news.

Did you see the PR that Clear Channel is interested in Howerd. Total BS - just making SIRI pay more. Not a bad tactic though.

24 is coming on soon. Gotta go. Put some life into this forum and post something.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-26-2010, 11:19 AM #2
    As of 10 this morning we are up 2.5 cents on big volume. Any ideas on what's driving the buying today?

Legend
    01-26-2010, 11:45 AM #3
    Maybe: 1. Howard Stern seeming to indicate he doesnt want to go to terrestrial radio? 2. Lazard Capital initiates with a BUY and a $1 target.

Mentor
    01-26-2010, 12:22 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Maybe: 1. Howard Stern seeming to indicate he doesnt want to go to terrestrial radio? 2. Lazard Capital initiates with a BUY and a $1 target.
    Thanks Lloyd for the info on on Lazard Capital. We're up 4 cents now.

Legend
    01-26-2010, 01:40 PM #5
    Nice to see it head up. I have to laugh about Big Ben's comments of last week that SXM was "dead money".

Mentor
    01-26-2010, 02:52 PM #6
    Nice to see it head up. I have to laugh about Big Ben's comments of last week that SXM was "dead money".
    Big Ben has said in the past that he is in the Mortgage business in South Carolina. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of our economic problems were caused by the mortgage industry. So, Big Ben's opinions don't hold very much water as far as I'm concerned. He has been crying doom and gloom for months on end now. In that time, I've almost doubled my money in the market. I've tripled it in SIRI.

This is a very strong growing company that will pay off very well for any of us who hold on to our positions.

01-26-2010, 03:04 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    My first "weekly thread" start; I feel like a player.

So nothing to talk about today? Man, how have we regressed.

On the other hand, I made a wicked pot of Louisiana Red Beans and Rice yesterday for tonight's dinner. Ding, ding, ding... we have a winner. My my wife is happy...........................................

SIRI is pissing me off a little. We get a nice boost last week only to come back to base by "death by pinpricks" (i.e. a cent a day). I would love to hold onto those gains.

A r/s is inevitable. At this point, I've flirted with losing everything; I don't give a $hit about a r/s. Bring it on. I' m in. I welcome the news.

Did you see the PR that Clear Channel is interested in Howerd. Total BS - just making SIRI pay more. Not a bad tactic though.

24 is coming on soon. Gotta go. Put some life into this forum and post something.

Keep the faith brother, a RS is not set in stone and I am doubtful it will be necessary. Liberty/ Sirius are doing all the right moves. Just wait.
    imho

Vaporgold

Guru
    01-26-2010, 07:15 PM #8
    I agree with Candleman. Big Ben's "buy and sell" tactics cost me a bunch during this last bull rally. The stock I "bought and sold" was TCK. Yeah, I made money, but had I simply held, I'd have made a hell of a lot more. The stock seldom retreated during this time period making re-entry points hard to spot.

So after several months of bullishness, the market appears to be retreating. Rest assured BB will be here telling us I told you so. Here's my prediction - the sun will rise tommorrow. I will be here tomorrow to tell you I told you so.

Likewise if you bought SIRI 6 months ago and held it, you'd be smiling.

01-27-2010, 06:40 AM #9
    http://www.forbes.com/2010/01/26/sir...echannelforbes

Good morning all,

Great article found this morning. Nice to read an upbeat prediction.

Watching TV yesterday and Weather Guy cheerfully said, 'Get ready
    for a cold blast this week! Temps will struggle to reach high 20's'
    Nice. Just what I wanted to hear. Minutes earlier Propane Man was
    delivering his liquid gold to my house. Haven't seen the sun in over a
    week. Why wasn't I born in California.

Michigan winters SUCK!!!

Hurry Spring.

Julie

Enthusiast
    01-27-2010, 09:13 AM #10
    Good morning Julie and thanks for posting that.

Nest week I travel to Chicago for a week. Guess I'll have to bundle up, eh?

Page 1 of 10 123 ...