Page 1 of 3 123
    01-18-2010, 07:19 PM #1

Is Street.com for real?????????

Please someone explain to me the relationship Sirius and Street.com have. I just don't understand the innumerable negitve articles that come from what I precived as a lagitimite rating service. I would be ambarrased to of written that article that said Begining of the end For Sirius. Why would a unproven not really up and very expensive music only system be better then what is out there now (Sirius).I have a small long position in Sirius. Not enought to make a difference in my life one way or the other. I think the whole problem in stocks now is people perceve the stock market as corrupt and riddled with back room deals. Why invest in that? The stock market will never come back untill credibility and character is restored. As far as Street.com is concerned and how wrong they have been on Sirius and how they hold to the same story no matter how much good news about sirius is in their face just smaks of some off the wall back room deal to keep this stock down. Common sense tells me not to buy their Kool Aid .
    Thanks Ron
    Last edited by Roncool; 01-18-2010 at 08:07 PM.

Legend
    01-18-2010, 08:09 PM #2
    Could it be they Cramer is friends with those shorting the stock? You bet. Personal vendetta. Maybe.

01-19-2010, 03:44 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Havakasha View Post
    Could it be they Cramer is friends with those shorting the stock? You bet. Personal vendetta. Maybe.
    Well I uderstand the shorting I read that in a blog someplace,That his friends shorted @.37. What Vendetta ???? As a small investor I really don't have the time to investigate this. It seems to me that at this point they if it's true lost the war and for street.com or and Cramer to rag on Sirius much longer has the potential to do real damage to that company and to Cramer's repupation. I see this stock acting like it did a few years back screaming up in a type of feeding frenzy. 2010 should be a good year for this company. I would not be surprised if this stock was trading at $3.00 a share by next Dec baring some major stock market crash .

Legend
    01-19-2010, 10:46 AM #4
    I really dont know all the answers to your questions but all one has to do is look at the articles coming out of street.com, including one just last week, to see an obvious bias. They were inundated with letters contradicting the main points of this last article and even released a poll that showed 72% of the people reading it disagreed with their main thesis. Its was pretty embarassing for them i believe.

Head Honcho
    01-19-2010, 08:49 PM #5
    The truth is probably somewhere between the pumpers and the bashers. I don't think there is anything wrong with TheStreet putting out those articles nor do I find it impossible to believe that the person who authored it actually believed in what they wrote.

If you hang around in an overly positive world (in this case sirius type forums full of investors) the possible bad news seems implausible.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Legend
    01-20-2010, 02:00 AM #6
    Charles,
    I have never been a follower of the pumpers like Brandon etc. and that is why i quessed that SXM would end the year at .68 way lower than most of the others. Having said that if you read the last article (dont remember the authors name) posted on street.com i think you will agree it wasnt well researched or argued, and seemed to have an agenda. I am sure most of the people writing the articles bashing SXM believed what they were writing. That doesnt mean that they werent expressing a bias fostered by the environment over at Street. When they put out i believe 10 articles on one day all bashing SXM it does give you pause as to what the agenda there is.
    The pumpers deserve equal criticism. When Brandon quesses that SXM will pick up around 1.4 million new subscribers in the 4th quarter you have to wonder what kind of acid he is on. Others had predicted high numbers (700,000) as well.
    I agree with you that the truth is somewhere in between.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-20-2010 at 11:52 AM.

01-20-2010, 09:23 AM #7
    Don't miss a great opportunity to sell some shares....13% in one day take some off the table....if this runs back to .66 or lower you'll thank me. Good luck today. Congrats if you were waiting on a nice pop...here it is...sell something today.

Big Ben

Legend
    01-20-2010, 11:01 AM #8
    Maybe i misunerstood you. Did you tell me to take some off the table last week in expectation of RS or did you suggest it was going to go up this week?
    I was the one saying i wasnt going to sell because i was waiting for good 4th quarter results. We have until February to hear ALL the results. Thanks for your advice but i think i will stick with my plan and wait for 4th quarter complete announcement.

01-20-2010, 02:56 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Roncool View Post
    Please someone explain to me the relationship Sirius and Street.com have. I just don't understand the innumerable negitve articles that come from what I precived as a lagitimite rating service. I would be ambarrased to of written that article that said Begining of the end For Sirius. Why would a unproven not really up and very expensive music only system be better then what is out there now (Sirius).I have a small long position in Sirius. Not enought to make a difference in my life one way or the other. I think the whole problem in stocks now is people perceve the stock market as corrupt and riddled with back room deals. Why invest in that? The stock market will never come back untill credibility and character is restored. As far as Street.com is concerned and how wrong they have been on Sirius and how they hold to the same story no matter how much good news about sirius is in their face just smaks of some off the wall back room deal to keep this stock down. Common sense tells me not to buy their Kool Aid .
    Thanks Ron

It is simple numbers. There is a lot of private investors in Sirius Xm
    and those stories true or not represent hits to their site. That is all they care about. Just don't go there.
    vaporgold

Legend
    01-22-2010, 12:06 AM #10
    Did you catch the clip of Jim Cramer on Monday. Here is a quote.
    "A Scott Brown victory will send stocks up. That's just the truth.

The stock market went down big the next day. What a fool he is.

Page 1 of 3 123