Page 2 of 3 123
    01-22-2010, 12:18 PM #11
    Havashank....your big on the gotcha politics huh? The other day you were calling me on selling in the high .6s. You obviously are in the buy and hold camp, which is dead. You missed on 10-15% move, plain as day. If you bought in Feb when the price was .06 and you feel that holding a huge gain, a 10x is the move....by not to take any profits you are greedy and pig headish. The day when the stock popped up to .77, you try to call me out and say...you said sell the other day, which is it? That was the sign that I needed to put you in the novice camp. You need to understand if you have a monster gain on a shit stock with poor mgmt and a reverse split looming, u need to pocket something before you have nothing. The stock ran up to .77 and now all the good news has been discounted and the pig is back to the high .6s. In hind sight would you have moved any shares knowing you could repurchase the same shares for less? I know this is a loaded ? but if you answer no you need to be in mutual funds, not stocks, if you answer yes your at least being honest. I don't understand why so many peps are afraid of the sell button. If you have not realized any profits and your holding a 10 multiple, shame on you. I know you think Cramer is a dolt but you can definitely benefit from reading his books.

Good luck, God knows you need it.
    I want to go on record as nailing the market top, 10,700, nailling all of my short positions, FXP, FAZ, DOG, if anyone would have picked off these shares when I gave the que, you would have hit a nice move in a few days. These stocks are getting ready to run...don't be afraid to pic some off. The markets are getting ready for a monster pull back and the next few months of numbers are going to support the theroy of a bubble. Bear markets will be in control for the next few years...get to cash or short the market with ETFs.

Legend
    01-22-2010, 01:35 PM #12
    You were right on your short term call. Congratulations.
    "God knows" (lol) I am very happy with the investment i made and I will continue to hold Sxm because i believe it is going higher. I have done very well and maybe i am being greedy but time will tell. No?
    Appreciate your advice. You were bound to be right about a market pull back at some point. Nothing keeps going up. Now the question remains how big a pull back. How do you define a "monster pull back". And werent you saying that months ago before the market went up a whole bunch? Werent you caught trying to sell short?
    I have heard Cramer say accurate and innaccurate things. I remember when he was pumping SXM when they were going to merge. I think he said it was going to 5. Not so right about that . He then switched and said it was a worthless stock. He was pretty right about that. It did go down to 5 cents. But i am VERY HAPPY i started buying when it was down there despite him saying it was going bankrupt. He was not so right about that.
    4th quarter numbers so far look pretty good. All i ever wanted from SXM was a slow and steady climb which i have gotten pretty much. i try to buy on pull backs but im in no rush as i have over 70,000 shares and dont need more.
    I was just trying to point out the utter absurdity of Cramer saying DEFINITIVELY that it "was just the truth" that the market was going higher the next days in wake of Scott Brown's victory. Pretty absurd no? Foolish perhaps? Immature maybe? That's an awfully unecessary unless you are a bit of a circus performer. Have a good day. By the way i never did hear how much SXM you own or any other specifics.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-22-2010 at 01:49 PM.

Legend
    01-22-2010, 01:41 PM #13
    You were right on your short term call. Congratulations.
    "God knows" (lol) I am very happy with the investment i made and I will continue to hold Sxm because i believe it is going higher. I have done very well and maybe i am being greedy but time will tell. No?
    Appreciate your advice. You were bound to be right about a market pull back at some point. Nothing keeps going up. Now the question remains how big a pull back. How do you define a "monster pull back". And werent you saying that months ago before the market went up a whole bunch? Werent you caught trying to sell short?
    I have heard Cramer say accurate and innaccurate things. I remember when he was pumping SXM when they were going to merge. I think he said it was going to 5. Not so right about that . He then switched and said it was a worthless stock. He was pretty right about that. It did go down to 5 cents. But i am VERY HAPPY i started buying when it was down there despite him saying it was going bankrupt. He was not so right about that.
    4th quarter numbers so far look pretty good. All i ever wanted from SXM was a slow and steady climb which i have gotten pretty much. i try to buy on pull backs but im in no rush as i have over 70,000 shares and dont need more.
    I was just trying to point out the utter absurdity of Cramer saying DEFINITIVELY that it "was just the truth" that the market was going higher the next days in wake of Scott Brown's victory. Pretty absurd no? Foolish perhaps? Immature maybe? That's an awfully unecessary you are a bit of a circus performer Have a good day. By the way i never did hear how much SXM you own or any other specifics.

01-22-2010, 02:55 PM #14
    Siri...I don't own any. Sold the last lot a week ago at .6725...2500shares. 1-12-10. I must apologize for criticizing your strategy, especially with 70k....I thought you had a few hundred thousand, 400k to be exact. I confused you with another gentleman on here that is holding around 400k with a monster profit and refuses to cash any. You have under 50k in value that changes my opinion a little bit. If its your spec play, fine, I will post my siri trades over the past year, you might be shocked. I had 17k cash value...went down to $1800...invested 5k new money in Jan two years ago...bf bankruptcy...bought at bottom..not easy to do..ran the $6800 up to 17k and ran that up to 25k cash in less than one year. From there jumped off all long positions, invested all 25k in short positions...ran down to 20k..cost averaging the entire way down...now its pay day and its back to 29k with 5k of new money going in....so I am not going sizzler yet but the past three days I have made over 3k....I have 1000 shares of FAZ, 900 shares of FXP, and 30 shares of DOG...thats my portfolio right now..to the t. I sent out an email to my group of friends saying get to cash or short...no long positions..its not worth taking a 20% hit....the market rewards the first people at the exit...it burns down the building and locks the doors after a few hours, so if your last to the exit or don't even try to leave, good luck.

I think I am going to write a book on the new market, it is a very confusing animal. I might write the entire thing without proper puncutation....I love the dots...some thoughts can not be conveyed without a paragraph worth of info..the dots let you get from one thought to the other....the dow is going out on its lows..not good...the strategy of holding though corrections has been completely wiped out if you invested from 99-today. The old school has a new decade of data to prove this.

Big Ben

Legend
    01-22-2010, 04:27 PM #15
    Thanks for all those specifics.
    Cramer is not worth defending. Correct? lol.

01-22-2010, 04:29 PM #16
    Faz up 9% today, three day total nice
    FXP up 2% today, three day total nice
    Dog up 2% today, three day total nice

Bull market is over, dow 6500 is not to far off, the sky is falling! If Bernake does not get reappointed, look out! He saved the country and might get his walking papers, what?

The next 35 minutes should be very interesting.
    Siri down 2% today, and a whole lot more over the past few days, its dead money folks. If the stock pops ever again sell some, homie...the clown that is. Siri will trade in the .5 range again, trust me. If you care at all about your money sell some shares people, its not prudent to sit there like a sucker while the fast money takes your money.

Big Ben

Legend
    01-22-2010, 04:39 PM #17
    Last i checked (5 minutes ago) SXM was back to .69. Seems to be holding pretty well in this downturn. If it can get back up above .70 i feel good the
    new announcements about earnings will propel it higher. But you never know.
    Its going to be an interesting month or two between earnings and any RS related announcements (unless they find away around it. Mel seems to want to).

Legend
    01-22-2010, 05:17 PM #18
    What? "Its dead money"? Now you sound like Cramer the clown at .05. Man you are out on a limb with that comment. Cant wait to see if you eat it.
    You seem reasonable and then you go and spoil it.

Closed over .69. Not bad on a day when the Market did so badly. Next week shall be interesting. Good luck.

01-25-2010, 01:19 PM #19
    Wow you say 5 cents I say $3.00. Maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle. I see nothing that would bring this stock to 5 cents again. I am seeing strong growth,appropriate churn rates in subs, good cost cutting in all departments.

As subs grow the ability comand a larger fee for advertising will start showing up on the P&L. The circumstanse of merger has allowed the company to move past any one show or tallent to demand exorbitiant fees and the centergies of the merger are now paying legitimate returns On the P&L.

On the personal side I like it. Just like most sub's, and we pay money for the service. The service brings value for my money. Lets go over this again

1 The Company is doing above average at cost cutting
    2 The Company is doing above average at increasing income
    3 The company has a product that has a precived value to customers
    4 The company has no direct sat comparative competition

To me the only way to play this stock is long and one should be buying as I am now. This stock has all the signs to look for when wanting a good stock. If your day trading or in and out of it just stop with the crazy talk it does no one any good. I am a HVAC contractor that works hard for my money I don't want some bozo telling me my pick is only going to worth 5 cents soon.

01-25-2010, 03:34 PM #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Siri will trade in the .5 range again, trust me. If you care at all about your money sell some shares people, its not prudent to sit there like a sucker while the fast money takes your money.

Big Ben
    He said .5 (as in 50 cents). Not .05 (as in 5 cents).

Page 2 of 3 123