Page 1 of 3 123
    01-18-2010, 10:42 AM #1

Sirius Weekly Thread Week 01-18-10

Good Morning All

More than half way through January. Can Spring be far behind?
    The above is a forced happy face, as I find it very hard to be
    cheerful during these long, cold and dreary months.

All quiet on the Sirius front.

Missing my favorite posters here. And all the new members
    that have joined, looking for your input in these forums.

Make it a great week.
    Hurry Spring!

Julie

Guru
    01-18-2010, 01:41 PM #2
    I'm with you Julie. I can't wait to drive to work in daylight. I'll take the high 30's for this time of year though.

Last week was nice. It was good to see some life in the forum. Now if we just had a new feature article....................LOL.

I'd like to hear some predictions for the 4Q2009 CC. Personally, I think there is plenty of good news followed by a 10:1 R/S, and SIRI pops. No supporting facts, just mearly opinion.

01-18-2010, 02:34 PM #3

A Sirius Tale

The sun rose on the wagon train taking them east. They were in a circle protected against Indians and desperadoes.

“Pa, I’m hungry.”

“Havakasha, son. It’ll hold you over till later.”

“Are we gonna start soon Pa, Ma asked?”

“As soon as we git the horses hitched. And son go over to that ravine, it’s called a john, and do your business. Crap on John so we won’t have to stop afore midday.”

Some of the other families came over to check the day’s schedule.

“It seems we been traveling for months, Big Ben. How much longer it’s gonna be?”

“I know, I know. We have to keep in mind this is gonna pay off. We’re close. Melk said it would. We just have to trust him on this. Look, we got a lot of people relying on us. Some came to travel with us from far away, like Alaska Guy. And Los Tiburones from down south. And socalrunningfool who lived near us. Remember, just after we started Relmor2003, cos1000, JohnnyIrishXM and others decided against staying with us. They went their own way. I guess I don’t blame them. This trip is Atypical. We’re headed east. Everyone else is a going west. But it’s important we get there, and I’m Hopeful and don’t feel any Dread. I just don’t want any more pioneers to leave. Homer985 gave us good directions and said he was AbsolutelySirius it was the right way to go. He said to be guided by the Sirius star. Just Sirius, he said. Hell, it ain’t so bad. We got Bassmaster to catch us some fish on the way and Candleman for the nights when it gets too dark. And JulieToo and her mother help with the directions and the clean up every night. Warns us about weather, too. Don’t know what we’d do without her. And we got Boat if we need one. That star gives us good SiriusHope even though this trip is SiriuslyLong. If it weren’t for that star, I wouldn’t have gotten this good SiriusBuzz. Just grateful we haven’t had to et any Sirius Roadkill. That I don’t want to do.”

It was time for them to hitch up and get moving. They were almost there. The day was bright and beautiful. It was good to be going toward the rising sun.
    Last edited by Atypical; 01-18-2010 at 07:08 PM.

01-18-2010, 05:03 PM #4
    What a womderful story, Atyp! You have a flair for storytelling.

Will we have a happy ending?

Julie

P.S. Weather reporting, yes. Cleaning, no.
    Who can I speak to about a new job assignment?
    You haven't sampled my cooking. I love the taste of
    SiriusRoadKill. It's all in the seasoning.

01-18-2010, 06:21 PM #5
    "I love the taste of
    SiriusRoadKill. It's all in the seasoning".

Howdy Ma'am. Thanks fer them kind words.

Reminds me of a story I once herd, I think, back in "92".

Seems two cowpokes, Sam and Zeke, were on the trail and came across a dead animule. Bein hungry Sam said let's stop. He asked Zeke if he wanted some? Zeke said no.

They rode a little further and another carcass was found. Sam asked Zeke to have some and Zeke again said no. When night fell they spotted another animule but at this point Sam started feelin poorly. Then he threw up. At this point Zeke got off his horse and said, "finally a warm meal".

Guess you was right, Miss Julie. It's all in the seasonin.

01-18-2010, 08:17 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    "I love the taste of
    SiriusRoadKill. It's all in the seasoning".

Howdy Ma'am. Thanks fer them kind words.

Reminds me of a story I once herd, I think, back in "92".

Seems two cowpokes, Sam and Zeke, were on the trail and came across a dead animule. Bein hungry Sam said let's stop. He asked Zeke if he wanted some? Zeke said no.

They rode a little further and another carcass was found. Sam asked Zeke to have some and Zeke again said no. When night fell they spotted another animule but at this point Sam started feelin poorly. Then he threw up. At this point Zeke got off his horse and said, "finally a warm meal".

Guess you was right, Miss Julie. It's all in the seasonin.

LOL LOL

Guru
    01-19-2010, 01:54 PM #7
    No one wants to speculate? Only Atypical stories of going east?? I thought to make a post seeing that it's been over 15 hours since Julie made the last post. I guess there is nothing to talk about LOL.

01-19-2010, 02:04 PM #8
    Time to make a post.

01-19-2010, 02:36 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    No one wants to speculate? Only Atypical stories of going east?? I thought to make a post seeing that it's been over 15 hours since Julie made the last post. I guess there is nothing to talk about LOL.

Here I am, I'll start talking. Sitting in my bedroom, with the
    shredder and filling up bags of shredded papers. Papers I had stuffed
    in a file cabinet in the hopes of filing them. Not so much.
    In a vain attempt to get organized I bought a file cabinet, supply
    of file folders and set it in my closet. So instead of filing the papers
    in my carefully marked folders, I open the drawer and drop them in.
    Organized, I am not.
    The folders lie at the bottom of the stack. So, instead of making it easy
    on myself, once yearly (although I am finding papers from 2008) I haul
    the machine out, pour myself coffee and start shredding. After a few
    hours and a bag of confetti I start to get bored and wander away.
    So here I am at the Buzz, taking a break.

What are you guys doing today?

Julie

01-19-2010, 02:41 PM #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Atypical View Post
    Time to make a post.
    Look at you Atyp.

Snuck right in and became a SENIOR MEMBER!!!!

Now the benefits will come rolling in.

Julie

Page 1 of 3 123