Page 1 of 18 12311 ...
    Guru
    01-03-2010, 11:37 PM #1

Market Watch for 1/4/ 2010 thru 1/17/2010

Let's start off with a wonderful New Year and make some money!

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 01-11-2010 at 03:15 AM.

Guru
    01-03-2010, 11:51 PM #2

OK Gang!

It's the first of the year and I am excited. I am going to get back into gear. I realize that I was stammering, stuttering, bitching and whining and not doing much towards the end of the year.

I have been working a lot more and haven't had access during the day to do all of the things that I did for a long time, but I am going to redirect my energies back into the thread here and stocks.

So, anyway...just so you know.....

Mentor
    01-04-2010, 12:26 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    It's the first of the year and I am excited. I am going to get back into gear. I realize that I was stammering, stuttering, bitching and whining and not doing much towards the end of the year.

I have been working a lot more and haven't had access during the day to do all of the things that I did for a long time, but I am going to redirect my energies back into the thread here and stocks.

So, anyway...just so you know.....

bill, youre not the only one...i am in that group. and it seems like the whole market was as well. volume was shltty last Q of the year all around. i am definitely committed to trading alot more. and hopefully we can all help each other in finding some good deals. i'm all about making money!!!!!

Addict
    01-04-2010, 08:03 AM #4

ANX filing

Here is there new drug application promised by ANX. I'm in last Friday at 0.3405. Let's see is I can flip this for 50% in one or two days.

ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals Submits ANX-530 New Drug Application
    ANX06:00 ESTPR Newswire
    SAN DIEGO, Jan. 4 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE Amex: ANX) announced today that it has submitted a New Drug Application (NDA) to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its product candidate ANX-530 (vinorelbine injectable emulsion).

"I congratulate our development team for achieving this important milestone on schedule in December, as planned. ANX-530 has the potential to offer important benefits to cancer patients, and we look forward to working with FDA towards its approval," said Brian M. Culley, Principal Executive Officer of ADVENTRX. "The ANX-530 NDA submission is a key step in our strategy to create valuable products that improve the performance of currently approved drugs."

The Company is seeking approval of ANX-530 for the same indications as NavelbineŽ, a branded formulation of vinorelbine, including non-small cell lung cancer. ADVENTRX submitted the NDA as a 505(b)(2) application, which relies in part on the FDA's findings of safety and effectiveness of a reference drug. The Company's 505(b)(2) NDA submission includes data from one clinical bioequivalence study designed to assess the pharmacokinetic equivalence of ANX 530 and Navelbine, the reference drug.

ANX-530 is ADVENTRX's proprietary emulsion formulation of vinorelbine. Vinorelbine is a vesicant and venous irritant, and these adverse effects can limit its tolerability. ANX-530 was designed to be bioequivalent to the reference drug while reducing the incidence and severity of vein irritation associated with intravenous delivery of the drug. In a clinical bioequivalence study, ANX 530 and the reference drug were determined to be bioequivalent.

ADVENTRX acquired ANX-530 in 2006 and retains exclusive worldwide rights to ANX-530, other than in China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan.

About ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals

ADVENTRX Pharmaceuticals is a specialty pharmaceutical company whose product candidates are designed to improve the performance of existing cancer treatments by addressing limitations associated principally with their safety and use. More information can be found on the Company's web site at www.adventrx.com.

Addict
    01-04-2010, 09:58 AM #5
    Whoa! ANX hit .54 almost .55 in premarket. There's my 50% right there. Should be easy.

And BEHL is upping the Ask! .0120/.0130 Lets hope it stays there or better.
    I currently dont own any BEHL tho.

Excited to see what will happen with QASP today.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-04-2010, 10:07 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Whoa! ANX hit .54 almost .55 in premarket. There's my 50% right there. Should be easy.

And BEHL is upping the Ask! .0120/.0130 Lets hope it stays there or better.
    I currently dont own any BEHL tho.

Excited to see what will happen with QASP today.
    I like your enthusiasm Shots! This is a great way to begin the New Year.

BEHL and QASP moving upward in unison would be a great start to the week.

SIRI is looking strong in premarket also!!! YAHOO! Let's GO!

Addict
    01-04-2010, 10:16 AM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    I like your enthusiasm Shots! This is a great way to begin the New Year.

BEHL and QASP moving upward in unison would be a great start to the week.

SIRI is looking strong in premarket also!!! YAHOO! Let's GO!
    Thx Candleman. But I think I just messed up.
    I just read the hub board for ANX and they're talking 1 or 2$ short term. Now I'm getting the urge to hold. I did this with MGLG, BEHL, QASP... others.
    The stupid pps NEVER gets to where these jokers predict it is going, but just reading the posts makes me want to hold longer while everyone else takes profits. Someone give me strength to sell this thing fast.

They're saying .51 is short term resistance. I'm gonna set my sell for .50 and forget about it.
    Last edited by ShotsII; 01-04-2010 at 10:18 AM.

Addict
    01-04-2010, 10:26 AM #8
    My problem is that Im too quick to buy and too reluctant to sell.
    For the new year, I resolve to find a better balance in my investment strategy.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-04-2010, 10:31 AM #9
    I just read the hub board for ANX and they're talking 1 or 2$ short term. Now I'm getting the urge to hold. I did this with MGLG, BEHL, QASP... others.
    The stupid pps NEVER gets to where these jokers predict it is going, but just reading the posts makes me want to hold longer while everyone else takes profits. Someone give me strength to sell this thing fast.

They're saying .51 is short term resistance. I'm gonna set my sell for .50 and forget about it.
    Shots, you have to do what feels good. But, I'm always for taking a reasonable profit and being happy with that.

One idea would be to sell at .50, take your profit. Then reinvest ONLY the profit immediately, and see if it truly does rise to a dollar or more. It it does, you win! If it doesn't, you are only out your profit and not your hard earned initial investment.

Just a thought....

Mentor
    01-04-2010, 12:46 PM #10

I know some guys that played that one, they cashed out in the middle .30's range - it could be a very good stock, but at present, it did it's first run up, so likely case scenario is building a base in the .30's, same pattern as the other stocks we've played. Second case scenario is another bump up in the next day or two like NVLT. Some of these pharma's have been hitting pretty good recently. Just don't expect it to keep hitting the skies day in and day out, that's pretty rare. Adjust your position sizes according more to risk, and then it won't hit you in the gut on the bad ones. Just don't let those guys from the hub get in your head - there's a lot of guys in there whose job is solely to push your emotions, so you buy as they sell.

Good luck - looks like a pretty good pick.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ...