Guru
    01-08-2010, 01:23 PM #1

Prius selling in Japan is as much a surprise as the F-150 selling in America.

Thats right is it that big of a surprise with gas prices over 10 dollars a gallon in Japan that tin boxes sell. Yes thats roght not only is the Prius a big seller but so are motorcycles. I am also sure Totota out sells Harley.

I bet you also have seen that they just came out with a new battery. It is even better then the last one. Opps there is just one problem, even with the government subsidy of 7,500 dollars it will still take as long a three years to make up for the extra cost of it.

I wonder how many cars that run on just gas would sell if they got 7,500 dollars from the government to buy them also.

Or the other side of the coin!!!

I wonder how many people would be willing to buy a hybrid if the government stopped the 7,500 dollar in subsidies.

I think we all know the answer to those questions (all except for Havasucker).

Legend
    01-08-2010, 01:50 PM #2
    Toyota sold 3x as many Priuses as the previous year to make it the first hybrid to become the best selling car in Japan.

You are deathly afraid that it might happen here in the US arent you? LOL.

Come out of your cave and check out the Detroit Auto Show. I hear Toyota is going to be introducing a brand new Prius model.

I believe that hybrids, hybrid plug-ins, electrics and clean diesel are going to be about 50% or more (upside possible to 70%) of sales by the year 2030 just about when you think they will first become technologically and economically viable.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-08-2010 at 10:26 PM.

Guru
    08-28-2010, 09:04 AM #3
    Kholmes, welcome to this site. You will notice that John and Havakasha are at two totally different ends of the political spectrum. They have had a long standing "debate" over hybrids with Havakasha insisting they will save the world, and John essentially telling him he's full of $hit (that's an oversimplification, but.....)

Hopefully Havakasha (aka Lloyd) can elaborate on your question and give you a run down on the technologies commercially available, and help you feel welcome to our little slice of cyberspace.

Whatever you choose, be sure to insist on having Sirius installed (the best readio in radio) lol.

Legend
    08-28-2010, 10:28 AM #4
    S&L. I said hybrid "would save the world"? Dont think so. What i said was that
    hybrids, plug-in hybrids and electrics were going to be increasingly made and sold in the world and become a large part of the auto market in the next 20 years. What John said is that hybrids, plug-ins, and electric cars
    will "never" be "economically and technologically viable".

I think you know who has the facts on their side. You did catch the latest article i posted on China's new investment in this area i hope? if not i will post again here.

I am not sure i understand your question kholmes. Can you explain your question again.

Guru
    08-28-2010, 05:26 PM #5
    What part of "oversimplication" didn't you get??? Lloyd, Lloyd, Lloyd.....

Legend
    08-29-2010, 10:49 AM #6
    I prefer FACTS to oversimplification. S&L, S&L, S&L.