01-05-2010, 10:47 AM #1

signal problem

I installed the unit a few days ago.its hard wired so i know its not a FM transmitter problem.the unit will cut out every 30 sec or so.when i check the signal indicator it jumps up and down.there is no terrestrial signal. thanks for reading

Enthusiast
    01-05-2010, 12:37 PM #2
    What unit is this, how is it hard-wired? that usually means it's connected to your OEM-radio via AUX-in and not a FM transmitter, also how is your Antenna setup, is it mounted on the roof of your car, home or indoors? we need a lot more info, if you want any help with this problem

01-05-2010, 10:10 PM #3
    its an XACT model#xtr8ck hooked up to aftermarket deck in my truck.yes to the AUX in.The Antenna is on the roof of the truck.

thanks for looking and any help

Enthusiast
    01-05-2010, 10:52 PM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky86 View Post
    its an XACT model#xtr8ck hooked up to aftermarket deck in my truck.yes to the AUX in.The Antenna is on the roof of the truck.

thanks for looking and any help
    The Antenna sounds like it could be going bad, also, check the antenna connection to the dock, also could be your dock antenna connection
    going bad as well, the 1st place to start would be the car antenna, the wires are very thin, and the slightest pinch or kink in the wire could case a reception problem as well, depending on what part of the country you live in, would determine how long your antenna can last, if it's older than 3 or 4 yrs old, I'd replace it

01-05-2010, 11:28 PM #5
    thanks for the ideas.the Antenna is new and i have checked the connections?if you have anymore ideas im more then willing to try them

Enthusiast
    01-06-2010, 10:59 AM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by shaky86 View Post
    thanks for the ideas.the Antenna is new and i have checked the connections?if you have anymore ideas im more then willing to try them
    Try unplugging the AUX-in, and check the connection to see if it's seated correctly, it could be that you may need a new dock, or your OEM-head unit may be defective, it's really hard to pin-point, other than that, maybe it's time to upgrade your old radio to something more recent....you can get a new Sirius radio for as low as 9$ at least over the holiday season you could, if your radio is older then 3 to 4 yrs old it's time for a new one, these radios won't last forever, if you really want the top-of-the-line plug-n-play SXM radio, spend the money on a good one, it's a better investment
    for you money........
    Last edited by denb45; 01-06-2010 at 11:06 AM.

01-14-2010, 11:12 AM #7
    how do i go about swiching my Subscription to a new deck?whats a nice deck to get?