Page 5 of 6 ... 3456
    01-14-2010, 01:26 PM #41

More Positive News For SIRI

NEW YORK, Jan. 14 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- SIRIUS XM Radio (Nasdaq: SIRI) today announced the results of an Arbitron study of satellite radio subscribers conducted in October and November 2009 that found listenership is larger than previously estimated and scores much higher on key demographic criteria compared to the general population and AM/FM radio listeners.

Arbitron's study showed that more than 35 million total adult listeners tune in to SIRIUS XM, 32 million of which are weekly listeners.

The study found SIRIUS XM listeners prefer satellite radio over other audio options available to them. Respondents indicated that the percent of total time spent listening to audio in general is 62% to SIRIUS XM, 16% to AM/FM, 4% to streaming internet, and 10% of the time using mobile devices.

Arbitron found that in a typical day, SIRIUS XM listeners spend 2 hours and 45 minutes in their vehicle, which is significant, given that while they are in their cars, they spend 71% of their time listening to SIRIUS XM compared with 17% of their time listening to AM/FM radio, and 5% of the time using mobile devices.

Significantly, the Arbitron study revealed that past week SIRIUS XM listeners indexed higher on key audience attributes – education, income, and receptiveness:

Highly-educated audience. 56% of SIRIUS XM listeners graduated from college or have advanced degrees compared with 24% of AM/FM radio listeners and 25% of the general population(1).
    Affluent listener base. 24% of SIRIUS XM listeners have household incomes of $150,000 or more compared with 9% of AM/FM radio listeners and 9% of the general population(2).
    Highly receptive to commercials. Of those who indicated they were more likely to change the channel when a commercial came on, in comparing SIRIUS XM and AM/FM radio, SIRIUS XM listeners are 61% more likely to stay with a commercial on satellite radio than with those that air on AM/FM radio stations.

"This study proves what we at SIRIUS XM have known for years – not only do we have the best programming in radio, but we have some of the most valuable listeners in all of media," said Scott Greenstein, President and Chief Content Officer, SIRIUS XM. "Our combination of unparalleled audio content and unrivaled in-car delivery continues to attract a discerning cross-section of Americans."

"In a time of divergent media and ever greater competition for consumers' attention, this Arbitron study leads national advertisers to a highly-prized premium consumer audience." said Kathleen Mahoney, Vice President, Market Research, SIRIUS XM. "We are proud to have this engaged and influential audience of more than 35 million people who passionately listen to SIRIUS XM more than four times longer than they do to AM/FM radio."

The Arbitron study excluded SIRIUS XM's music channels since they are commercial free. The study focused solely on SIRIUS XM's news, talk, entertainment, sports, and other commercial programming channels. Arbitron found that listeners spent more than seven hours a week listening to these commercial channels on SIRIUS XM.

(1) Scarborough USA Plus, Release 1, 2009.

(2) Scarborough USA Plus, Release 1, 2009.

About SIRIUS XM Radio

SIRIUS XM Radio is America's satellite radio company delivering to subscribers commercial-free music channels, premier sports, news, talk, entertainment, and traffic and weather.

SIRIUS XM Radio has content relationships with an array of personalities and artists, including Howard Stern, Martha Stewart, Oprah Winfrey, Rosie O'Donnell, Jamie Foxx, Barbara Walters, Opie & Anthony, Bubba the Love Sponge®, Bob Edwards, Chris "Mad Dog" Russo, Jimmy Buffett, The Grateful Dead, Willie Nelson, Bob Dylan and Tom Petty. SIRIUS XM Radio is the leader in sports programming as the Official Satellite Radio Partner of the NFL, Major League Baseball®, NASCAR®, NBA, NHL®, and PGA TOUR® and major college sports.

SIRIUS XM Radio has arrangements with every major automaker. SIRIUS XM Radio products are available at shop.sirius.com and shop.xmradio.com, and at retail locations nationwide, including Best Buy, RadioShack, Wal-Mart and independent retailers.

SIRIUS XM Radio also offers SIRIUS Backseat TV, the first ever live in-vehicle rear seat entertainment featuring Nickelodeon, Disney Channel and Cartoon Network; XM NavTraffic® service for GPS navigation systems delivers real-time traffic information, including accidents and road construction, for more than 80 North American markets.

for SIRIUS XM Radio:

Patrick Reilly

SIRIUS XM Radio

212 901 6646

patrick.reilly@siriusxm.com

Legend
    01-14-2010, 06:17 PM #42
    Saw that Arbitron study. Very postive news for SXM. Thanks for posting it.

Legend
    01-14-2010, 07:00 PM #43
    I am not trying to toot my own horn (yeah sure) but in retrospect i have to say my prediction for year end price of .68 was pretty damn good. I quess beginners luck or just good intuition. Ever since we turned the corner on the New Year its been hanging close to that .68 figure (not that i want or expect it to stay there long. Upward and onward!). Dont expect to ever see a mea culpa from the likes of JohnnyIrish, and other unnamed critics (just sirius, John, ? etc. ) for trashing my quess.
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-14-2010 at 07:35 PM.

01-14-2010, 07:40 PM #44
    Havashakira,

Please explain this away....stock has to be above 1$ for ten consecutive days...in the not too far off distance, correct?

Chance of the reverse split happening? Good chance?

What % of stocks go up after a reverse split?

Majority of stocks take a nice % smack right in the kisser. At this point, the outstanding share count will have been reduced by 50-1 or lower, the stock takes a dive, the shorts smash this thing, the stock is hopefully still above 5$, in comes the institutional buying and boom the stock rides up and off into the sun. You enter after the reverse and the pull back and you can still win with this pig. If you ride this pig through the process, Mel and the boys have skinned your ass twice. Don't be fooled by sneaky Mgmt.

Big Ben
    I just saw some pictures of Haiti, wow, its really bad down there, if you have an extra C note they could definately use it.

Legend
    01-14-2010, 08:28 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    Havashakira,

Please explain this away....stock has to be above 1$ for ten consecutive days...in the not too far off distance, correct?

Chance of the reverse split happening? Good chance?

What % of stocks go up after a reverse split?

Majority of stocks take a nice % smack right in the kisser. At this point, the outstanding share count will have been reduced by 50-1 or lower, the stock takes a dive, the shorts smash this thing, the stock is hopefully still above 5$, in comes the institutional buying and boom the stock rides up and off into the sun. You enter after the reverse and the pull back and you can still win with this pig. If you ride this pig through the process, Mel and the boys have skinned your ass twice. Don't be fooled by sneaky Mgmt.

Big Ben
    I just saw some pictures of Haiti, wow, its really bad down there, if you have an extra C note they could definately use it.

First things first. Yes give money for Haiti relief. I have given and encourage everyone to do likewise. Its a horrific scene and those people need our help. **** Rush limbaugh and Pat Roberstson for their stupid comments.

Good questions Ben. I understand your point of view. I would think the odds are obviously good that the RS happens though Mel seems determined to avoid doing so if you take him at his word. He has limited options if he wants to avoid delisting A.get an extension on the March date (dont know what the odds are concernig this possibility) B. Get the price up over $1 in a relatively short amount of time either through a release of very positive information (something to do with Liberty?) or through exceptional 4th quarter figures. i would prefer to be in the stock in case some rather good news is announced in the next month or so. if an RS is announced and a large drop in price does occur i will pick up some more stock at that point and ride it back up.
    Your analysis makes a lot of sense but i personally dont enjoy getting in and out of a stocks. Whenever i have tried it in the past it hasnt worked out so well. Having said all that i wish you well with your strategy.
    Tell me more about your SXM stock ownership and what your planning to do specifically. Im curious.

01-15-2010, 12:03 PM #46
    Markets are cracking. Shorts are having a nice day. Obama is taxing banks....I love it...the idea that bankrupt companies are paying bonuses is absurd. Delinquencies are up, foreclosures are up, charge offs are up, jobs are gone, money is tight, but the market is up 60% over the past year...can anyone say re-inflate the bubble? Going forward I need to be very clear...get out of the stock market, get to cash, or short the market. FAZ, FXP.

Big Ben
    Officially calling the Rothlisberger Top...here comes the correction...and it can not be avoided with blind optimism when every number that comes out in the next year is negative...get ready....protect your cash!

Legend
    01-15-2010, 12:17 PM #47
    If the banks are bankrupt then how are they paying BILLIONS in bonuses?

Yes there are enormous problems with this country and our economy and the
    stock market seems to be ignoring that. On the other hand isnt the market supposed to be a forward looking mechanism? The entire financial system of the world almost imploded back then which would have lead to possibly the worst Depression we have ever experienced. So i quess in comparison things today look good. Dont agree completely with that analysis but dont know exactly where things will go from here. At the very least we were destined for a correction. Didnt we recently learn that things just dont go up? lol.

No comment on Roberston's and Limbaugh's statements on Haiti?

No answer to my question on your position in SXM?
    Last edited by Havakasha; 01-15-2010 at 12:37 PM.

01-15-2010, 12:53 PM #48

Brief Thought on Reverse

Have been reading other comments here on a reverse split for months. Taking all into consideration, including my own experience which was (and still is) bad, I do not want it unless it is impossible to avoid.

Why would all the negative activity (shorting, manipulation) stop because the price changes?

Big Ben

I share some of your concern. This is not over yet especially because WS has not been prevented from doing the same things that started our current crisis. Greed rules!

Legend
    01-15-2010, 01:27 PM #49
    Just read that JPMorgan has earmarked 26.9 BILLION dollars to compensate its workers, MUCH OF WHICH WILL NOW BE PAID OUT AS BONUSES.

Something obviously wrong if they can pay out that much and yet complain about a possible 1.5 billion (?) dollar fee to reimburse taxpayers for the bailout.

01-15-2010, 03:45 PM #50
    Havanna,
    The first one is easy...the banks are using our money..tax payers...or at least they took the money from TARP, they were supposed to use it to increase lending...atleast thats is what they told Paulson...they basically used the money to save their weaselly asses.(They beefed up their balance sheets) I, being in the mortgage servicing industry, repo foreclosures, can tell you unequivocally the banks are not lending to anyone without a 740 beacon and 20% down, thats If you are going through conventional methods of course, not FHA. I can go on and on about how the banks are the devil but I will leave it at that.

As for SIRI...lez ze fair...hands off. I also bought shares at .069 all the way up to .55 and higher...trading that pig every chance I got. In at .6 out .11 in .9 out .15 on and on and on. I truly believe this stock hit the wall around .77 where I sold some and since its been dead money. The volatility is gone and the market makers took away the free money...trust me it was there for the taking. If you have gains and a few hundred thousand shares your greedy for not taking any off the table. I don't believe the stock can run up to 1.10 and stay there for 10 consecutive days. If I am wrong and this does go over a dollar, I would bet my ass you will see some serious shanagins out of the shorts (trying to get the stock pushed back down, with bs stories or even rumors) or somebody else who hates siri, trust me there are plenty of haters out there. I might sound crazy but I am not even sure Liberty has our best interests.

As for El Rush bo..I didn't hear his comments, but the Pat Roberson "deal with the devil horse shit" is a crazy comment especially when there are thousands of people crushed under concrete. I put all the religious wackos in the same basket. Anyone who can not see though religion with the use of history is not looking deep enough.

Good luck all.
    Big Ben
    FAZ up 5% and FXP up 3.25% still a screaming buy especially if you don't own any short positions. If you are long on all stocks you need to hedge yourself against a correction. The buy and hold days are gone, the new market waits for no one. The only time I agree with buy and hold is if the dividend is over 10% ,but you can still get burned...trust me the Canadian Oil Trusts..PWE, PTF, ERG, PGH had huge dividends and it was great until the Canadian government imposed a new tax on royalty trusts, which in turn smashed your principal...so all the little dividends could do nothing to return my principal. Be careful out there its a bad bad world! Out.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456