Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Sirius Weekly Thread Week of 01-04-10

  1. #11
    SiriMonkey is offline
    http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_1...ce=most_viewed

    Good Morning

    Interesting article concerning Howard Stern and his upcoming
    contract negotiations.

    My opinion Stern will be signed for considerably less this time around.
    Possibly with reduced hours, later starting times. Stern continues
    to emphasize his unhappiness on his early bird hours.

    Initialy when Stern went to Sirius he brought along his loyal following.
    Other than the occasional article, he is seldom mentioned, unlike his
    highly visible days at terrestrial radio.

    On the other hand Sirius has continued to grow to be much more
    than just Howards home. With the wide variety of music stations,
    an array of talk, news, advice and sports, Howard 101
    became for me, just one of many options on my radio. The last
    several weeks I have been doing more driving and have had
    more of an opportunity to listen to Sirius. When I'm not talking I like to listen
    to talking. The Rosie show as well as the Playboy station have
    both been unexpectedly good. So when he is off the air with his
    numerious vacs, no problem. Lots more to listen to.
    Because of my job I have had the opportunity to question my customers
    about their Sirius radio as well as their listening preferences. Other
    than a few, most mentioned other stations as to why they love
    their Sirius. So if in my little corner of the world, my informal surveying,
    why can't the same be done across the states? And take that to
    the negotiations.

    My ramblings this Wednesday morn.

    Enjoy this beautiful day,

    Julie

  2. #12
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by julietoo View Post
    http://www.benningtonbanner.com/ci_1...ce=most_viewed

    Good Morning

    Interesting article concerning Howard Stern and his upcoming
    contract negotiations.

    My opinion Stern will be signed for considerably less this time around.
    Possibly with reduced hours, later starting times. Stern continues
    to emphasize his unhappiness on his early bird hours.

    Initialy when Stern went to Sirius he brought along his loyal following.
    Other than the occasional article, he is seldom mentioned, unlike his
    highly visible days at terrestrial radio.

    On the other hand Sirius has continued to grow to be much more
    than just Howards home. With the wide variety of music stations,
    an array of talk, news, advice and sports, Howard 101
    became for me, just one of many options on my radio. The last
    several weeks I have been doing more driving and have had
    more of an opportunity to listen to Sirius. When I'm not talking I like to listen
    to talking. The Rosie show as well as the Playboy station have
    both been unexpectedly good. So when he is off the air with his
    numerious vacs, no problem. Lots more to listen to.
    Because of my job I have had the opportunity to question my customers
    about their Sirius radio as well as their listening preferences. Other
    than a few, most mentioned other stations as to why they love
    their Sirius. So if in my little corner of the world, my informal surveying,
    why can't the same be done across the states? And take that to
    the negotiations.

    My ramblings this Wednesday morn.

    Enjoy this beautiful day,

    Julie
    Julie,

    Thank you for the Bankers point of view. When I'm talking with my customers I get the same response about Stern. Many people who listen to Sirius Radio NEVER listen to him.
    I think Stern is sort of a one hit wonder. He was good for attracting customers initially. But, I think his drawing power has somewhat subsided.

    Maybe he'd be happy with just 5 million a year from now on....

  3. #13
    chuckius is offline
    Member
    chuckius's Avatar
    Joined: Mar 2009 Location: central NJ Posts: 31
    Hi all

    I put a stop loss in today at .68 when it was trading at .69. It went down to .66 without triggering my trade, called td and the said it was "large institutional blocks" they don't have access to. Just wondering if this is common.

    I did get $7 trades out of it and 10 free trades woo hoo

  4. #14
    candleman is offline
    Mentor
    candleman's Avatar
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckius View Post
    Hi all

    I put a stop loss in today at .68 when it was trading at .69. It went down to .66 without triggering my trade, called td and the said it was "large institutional blocks" they don't have access to. Just wondering if this is common.

    I did get $7 trades out of it and 10 free trades woo hoo
    That's a new one on me!

  5. #15
    toxdoc is offline
    Member
    toxdoc's Avatar
    Joined: May 2009 Location: Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 38
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Julie,

    Thank you for the Bankers point of view. When I'm talking with my customers I get the same response about Stern. Many people who listen to Sirius Radio NEVER listen to him.
    I think Stern is sort of a one hit wonder. He was good for attracting customers initially. But, I think his drawing power has somewhat subsided.

    Maybe he'd be happy with just 5 million a year from now on....
    A one hit wonder? Stern has been #1 in every market he's been in for decades, and he's arguably the single most infuential personality in the history of radio. When his career's done, his legacy will be that of one of the biggest pop cultural icons ever. He's anything but a one hit wonder. He's proven himself time and time again. He's been underestimated his entire career. Don't underestimate his power and importance to SXM. When he leaves, a significant amount of subscribers will go with him.

  6. #16
    Havakasha is offline
    Isnt there some objective way of measuring his audience at SXM?
    Surely Mel knows those figures.

  7. #17
    doclogic is offline
    Junior Member
    doclogic's Avatar
    Joined: Sep 2009 Posts: 21
    Def agree Julie........ I posted on thestreet.com..."OMG did he actually mention that site" .....

    those exact thoughts......Howard drew the crowd at first....gave a nice PR bump......he brought attention and subscribers to Sirius, but he's not what Sirius is about anymore. There are so many other options and reasons why people like and listen to Sirius.

    I say keep him.....he's a nice piece to the puzzle....but he's not why Sirius will continue to progress in the future.

  8. #18
    Hopeful is offline
    Addict
    Hopeful's Avatar
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    Hello Buzzers,

    I hope everyone is well! Maffei said some great things today, he starts talking about Sirius at 36 mins! Enjoy,

    http://www.veracast.com/citigroup/em...me=2112_libert

  9. #19
    just sirius is online now
    Mentor
    just sirius's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 1,177
    Hey Hopeful

    long time no talk. How is the weather up there!
    PURCHASED THE CABIN IN THE WOODS...THANKS MEL, MALONE, AND THE BLUE DOG

  10. #20
    just sirius is online now
    Mentor
    just sirius's Avatar
    Joined: Dec 2008 Location: San Antonio Posts: 1,177
    I haven't listened to the maffei talk. Heard several accts...all seem extremely positive about the near/long term future!
    PURCHASED THE CABIN IN THE WOODS...THANKS MEL, MALONE, AND THE BLUE DOG

  11. Ad Fairy Senior Member
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •