Page 4 of 18 ... 2345614 ...
    Mentor
    01-05-2010, 03:08 PM #31
    dr dave. if you recall my chart http://www.kingofalltrades.com/forum...1088&mode=view

i called for ~.69 short term target on siri. then a little pullback. can we just bypass the pullback and go straight to my next target? or should we expect it

01-05-2010, 04:22 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    nice... keep it up...throw some tickers out here when you find something.
    Cheers, will do. I try to focus on small-caps trading between $2.50 and $10 with strong fundamentals. NEP has been my biggest winner in the last 2 months. My average is $4.59, now around $10.85 (+136%). I work full-time so don't day trade so avoid penny/sub-penny stocks like the plague.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    01-05-2010, 06:40 PM #33
    closed my position on IMAX call options ... has lot of momentum , i could have waited another day. but fck that.. booked my first trade and profit of the new year. bought at 1.35 sold today @ 2.10..
    Excellent job Bass! It feels really good to be in the green!!!!

Mentor
    01-05-2010, 07:36 PM #34
    thanx dave...definitely feels good to be right about this one.
    I closed out today... it could hit $15, but just want to book and move on at the moment. My margin account that I trade the stuff we talk about in here is actually up about 30% from about the middle of december. Just booking what I get profit wise, and cutting anything that isn't doing what it's supposed to.

Ahh.. the ships - so far perfect bounce for $BDI...
    2nd day of breakouts. Saw OCNF right on the line for breaking $1. I'd actually go in on a break of $1, but I'm in 100% of what I'm allotted to trade. I do have DSX though, and it poked up pretty well today. I think I'm targeting $17, then go with ablesys like stops.

Glad ships were brought up. I think you folks in OCNF already could score...

Creepy how $BDI hit that upper target and is bouncing at the el supremo support - let's hope it still trucks, errr.. sails.

Mentor
    01-05-2010, 07:37 PM #35
    Here's those others...

Lol, OCNF definitely will give more bang for buck.

Mentor
    01-05-2010, 07:42 PM #36
    dr dave. if you recall my chart http://www.kingofalltrades.com/forum...1088&mode=view

i called for ~.69 short term target on siri. then a little pullback. can we just bypass the pullback and go straight to my next target? or should we expect it
    That's the thing - both are just as likely, so you have to trade accordingly... I'll show you something later.

In the meantime - I figure enough shares (look at monthly) have churned to start allowing entry of price into the 0.70+ zone - but there will still be battles, so taking that into account and also normal pullbacks for $RUT $COMPQ, I'm a little more confident for pullback. But as I've said before, you can't predict what will happen everyday, lol.

Mentor
    01-05-2010, 07:59 PM #37
    Quote Originally Posted by willb2064 View Post
    Cheers, will do. I try to focus on small-caps trading between $2.50 and $10 with strong fundamentals. NEP has been my biggest winner in the last 2 months. My average is $4.59, now around $10.85 (+136%). I work full-time so don't day trade so avoid penny/sub-penny stocks like the plague.
    Nice! I'm all in for small caps... I think my TA matches those best. I'm not the best at fundamentals, so any tickers you dig up are much appreciated.

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 01:13 AM #38
    Siri is on a tear the last couple of days. That other site is predicting a run to .85-.95. Looking at everyone's charts...Looks pretty promising! at least that is what they are telling us!

Dr Dave - what are your charts telling you about SiriusXM for the short term. I think earlier you stated a shot to .69. Well that happened today. touched it several times. Where do you think that we are heading?

Mentor
    01-06-2010, 01:17 AM #39
    It is a very sad day! SiriusXM is on a tear over last couple of days...and the Daily Siri thread has a whooping 9 posts in 2 days.

But on the bright side...We're making some money!!!!!

Guru
    01-06-2010, 01:48 AM #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Bring it on Bill!

Education is what I am after this year ... Something I need to add to all this rambling of late ... The ethics of it all. I am all for picking the pockets of those 'bastards' but part of my dilemma is ... Isn't that us? Aren't we in effect picking each others pockets in some sense ... Before that whole analogy breaks down ...

What I am getting at is playing these things to flip a few bucks or more knowing what they are, if we truly know. If I knew I was robbing from either manipulating MM's or dedicated pumpers I might feel justified in that Robin Hoodesque kind of way - But when it comes from the unsuspecting, the newbies and naive like myself ... I guess what I am trying to say is, redundantly, I need to do a better job of research before hand and if I find that I am caught up in yet another scam, I am bailing out. Even the great "Q" after all this time, effort and money, if it turns out to be a setup it's more than capitol preservation ... It could run to a dollar for all I care ...

Man it's far too early for all this ... preaching ...
    I have to work tomorrow....until about 7 at night....then Thursday, then Friday, then Monday...Damn! (lol) It feels so nice to be wanted once again. The economy isn't worth squat..but some people with money are realizing that the world isn't coming to an end, even if the country is, it will be rectified in 2010 (November) and then again in 2012.

I am really surprised that the market is where it is at. The market has grown too fast in my opinion, but we shall see. The job sector sucks, which means services are slow to re-gain. I am not at all convinced that things are good. I am not being negative, but realistic. I am being cautious and not casting fate to the wind. We are printing too much money and do not have the ability to print more gold. China and other bond buyers are now hesitant to buy any more of our debt. I do not see a good outcome from all of this. This is the principal reason that I am at "No Confidence" in the market now. My thoughts would be strictly short term buys and sells and don't count on anything long. "Long" is a real risk in my mind. Take the money and run. Just my own humble, dumb-ass opinion, but that is the way I will be playing everything for quite a while, unless things shift to the positive, but I doubt if they will. This recession may only get worse....Just my thoughts and possible prognosis....Pick the bastards pockets, men, and women!

Have a great trading day!

Bill

Page 4 of 18 ... 2345614 ...