12-10-2009, 11:30 AM #1

Jeep Wrangler 2004

I have installed an Alpine head unit and now I'm ready to install the Alpine KCA-SC100 and SCC1BL SiriusConnect Tuner. I have not been able to find any examples of what others have done with the same vehicle.

Any suggestions?

Head Honcho
    12-10-2009, 12:20 PM #2
    As far as placement of the tuner goes? I own a 2003 wrangler and you don't have many choices when it comes to free space. The only place you have is the trunk area. I would mount it off to the left side of the trunk if it fits. I dont think it will even fit under the back seats, they are too close to the floor pan as far as I know. Maybe up under the glove box or on the firewall by the passengers seat? Hope the ideas help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-10-2009, 12:27 PM #3
    Thanks Charles. II'll check out those locations and see what works best with power leads and connection wire length.

In looking at this and other forums, I have seen some folks mount the provided antenna on top of the roll bar and that it works fine with the hard top on. Any experience with that? I was also thinking of getting the Sirius Truck/RV external antenna, but I'm thinking it may be too large and easily stolen.

Head Honcho
    12-10-2009, 12:39 PM #4
    I don't have a hardtop but that is exactly where I mounted mine
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-27-2009, 02:26 PM #5
    I have a hard top on my 05 wrangler. I have the antenna mounted on the rollbar under the padding. Having the hard top on does not affect the signal at all. Works great.