02-15-2008, 01:22 PM #1

07 ram 2500 kenwood sirius install

Can anyone help me i have a 07 ram 2500 that has factory sirius and i am wanting to put a kenwood deck in it but keep sirius has anyone done this and if so were you able to keep the factory antenna and brain if not mainly the antenna if there is an adapter cord needed can you tell me where to get it thanks

Head Honcho
    02-16-2008, 10:24 AM #2
    sorry i have no answer for you because I do not know the particular circumstances that go on under the dash. if you locate an installation bay, they may be able to help out, but they sometimes get quirky if you did not buy the stereo from them. Don't call Sirius, the reps do not have the technical expertise to address your issue.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    02-16-2008, 04:02 PM #3
    I am guessing that there should be no issue. It's just a matter of purchasing a new head unit with the proper available jacks in the back of it. Even if it does not, you can buy adapters. IE my pioneer deck did not have aux inputs but it did have a CD changer input which they made a converter for.

I am sure that any Joe Shmoe at CC or BB will be able to point you in the right direction. Make sure you let us know how it goes.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Head Honcho
    02-16-2008, 05:45 PM #4
    I think his issue is that he already has the Kenwood receiver which is not satellite ready. Thus he wants to keep Sirius running, but integrate it somehow through his receiver. This is likely a complex install, and would require some knowhow in ordr to accomplish if it can be done.

The only way I see this working is if he utilizes an aux on the receiver and even then he may need to add a Sirius Connect unit to translate the channel and song information. Personally, if I was trying this I would stay far away from the Best Buy and Circuit City car bays.
    Tyler Savery

Head Honcho
    02-17-2008, 02:51 AM #5
    I guess we will have to wait and see but it sounds to me like he hasn't purchased it yet. All he needs is a Kenwood head unit which is Sirius compatible (most mid to high range units are) and then it is a matter of simply connecting to the brain which is not in the current head unit. Should be no problem at all. Although I have never done this with a dodge factory install I have done it in my buddies Jeep and was simply a matter of plugging it in. The install is so simple that you will likely be able to do it yourself.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

02-17-2008, 11:02 PM #6
    I do already have the Kenwood it is an Excelon 790 it is Sirius ready but i am not sure if i can hook the factory dodge Sirius brain and antenna to it thanks for the help so far though

Head Honcho
    02-18-2008, 09:56 AM #7
    You should be able to accomplish an install if the kenwood is Sirius ready. Whether stering wheel controls, etc will work likely depends onyour installation.

Make a call to some places that specialize in SDARS installations and start there
    Tyler Savery

02-19-2008, 12:47 PM #8
    None of the harnesses for the factory Sirius will be able to work with the Kenwood. They won't work at all. It's not even a question in my mind.

However, I think you really want to be able to use the factory SIRIUS Antenna from your Dodge. That maybe possible. I've had some of those Antennas in the past. The old ones I had used the Dual Lead, not sure if they do or don't any longer. There is one guy named Brian who specializes in making antenna adapters to utilize the factory antennas. He makes them for us for GMs, and Hondas, and Acuras. Try emailing him to see if he can do a Mopar Antenna. If it's a single lead it might be as simple as taking off a the plastic Fakra connector. Brians email is brianrwebb@ca.rr.com.

02-22-2008, 06:02 PM #9

07 ram sirius

ok people thatnks for the help i pulled my glove box and it is the single wire antenna with the adapterso tha was the main thing i wanted thanks for all the help