Guru
    12-14-2009, 03:53 PM #1

"report finds that the proposed cuts would reduce benefits for some seniors and could

jeopardize access to care for millions of others.

"A government report finds that the proposed cuts would reduce benefits for some seniors and could jeopardize access to care for millions of others."

"Washington - A plan to slash more than $500 billion from future Medicare spending -- one of the biggest sources of funding for President Obama's proposed overhaul of the nation's healthcare system -- would sharply reduce benefits for some senior citizens and could jeopardize access to care for millions of others, according to a government evaluation released Saturday.

Medicare cuts, proposed by the House in its healthcare package, were likely to prove so costly to hospitals and nursing homes that they could stop taking Medicare patients altogether, said the report, which was requested by House Republicans."

http://www.chicagotribune.com/health...,5477413.story

Guru
    12-14-2009, 04:35 PM #2
    So let me get this straight they are going to change a system that 85% of Americans are happy with to a system that will be worse and cost a trillion dollars, Yea thats right that sounds like something the republicans should not stop. To be honest I cant believe there are not more democrats that are not trying to stop this. I am sorry that would mean they are reasonable.

Guru
    12-14-2009, 05:15 PM #3
    yes I have not forgot about this farse the democrats want to try and shuff down the peoples wishes yes that right now 61% oppose this and only 31 want it.