Page 6 of 24 ... 4567816 ...
    Enthusiast
    12-18-2009, 04:29 PM #51
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hey Guys, I feel like we've allowed this board to fall into some sort of deep funk. And that is not a good idea!

We need to get back on the horse and shake things up again. The world isn't ending. America is not going to hell in a handbasket. And the climate hasn't changed that much yet..... It's just the beginning of winter.

So, I say, let's put on a happy face!

Somebody has got to have some good news for us. Let's try to stay more positive. So, I'll start and see if you can all join in with me.

The economy has turned around. I think it's LT that has talked about how busy he is at work with mergers and expansions.
    As for my own business. We're expanding also. We'll be opening a new candle store in Duck, North Carolina in March. I wouldn't be making this investment if I didn't feel good about the economy.
    Housing starts are way up in my area. For the last two years, there has hardly been any work for carpenters and laborers. Now, you see new houses being built on vacant lots in several old neighborhoods. That is people investing in the future folks and that's a great thing.

Yes, our stock investments are down right now. But, we have so many other things to be happy about.

Now it's your turn!

Chuck
    Hey Chuck,

Good work turning the mood around. I'll do what I can to help out. Bank of America has a new CEO and he's keeping the HQ here in Charlotte. Some bankers will be spending some money this weekend around here!

I got a Christmas Bonus....and no, I won't be averaging down on BEHL...LOL. I'm gonna go blow it on a new shiney trinket.

My company sponsored a community wide fundraiser called "Be a Santa to a Senior". It's a similar project to the Salvation Army's Angel Tree. Instead of buying gifts for a child, you buy gifts for a senior or shut in. Seniors are really a forgotten demographic at the holidays. Well, our 10 stores received over 600 gifts for local seniors. I was stunned and the local organizers of the project were completely overwhelmed.

There's still alot of good left in this country. It's just a shame that you've gotta turn the tv off to find it!

Okay, now somebody else's turn.....

Sandy

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-18-2009, 04:38 PM #52
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Chuck,

Good work turning the mood around. I'll do what I can to help out. Bank of America has a new CEO and he's keeping the HQ here in Charlotte. Some bankers will be spending some money this weekend around here!

I got a Christmas Bonus....and no, I won't be averaging down on BEHL...LOL. I'm gonna go blow it on a new shiney trinket.

My company sponsored a community wide fundraiser called "Be a Santa to a Senior". It's a similar project to the Salvation Army's Angel Tree. Instead of buying gifts for a child, you buy gifts for a senior or shut in. Seniors are really a forgotten demographic at the holidays. Well, our 10 stores received over 600 gifts for local seniors. I was stunned and the local organizers of the project were completely overwhelmed.

There's still alot of good left in this country. It's just a shame that you've gotta turn the tv off to find it!

Sandy
    That is so cool Sandy! I love the Be a Santa to a Senior idea...wow, so cool!

Bank of America is a great example of good things happening. 40% of the new construction loans on the Outer Banks have come through Bank of America. They only have one small branch here, but they are very good to the local economy. I must add that there are over 25 bank branch offices here from about 10 banks overall. My point is that BOA is a leader in helping to jumpstart the economy here.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-18-2009, 05:03 PM #53
    I hope you all have a really great weekend. Let's stay positive and hope for big things next week. I actually finished in the green today and that was the first time this week!

Chuck

12-18-2009, 05:22 PM #54
    You know, Chuck, while you were posting these upbeat messages...

I was doing just *that* --

Believe me, I do stop to smell the roses...and also keep a positive outlook. Just the same, I don't believe in turning a deaf ear to the issues. I believe that not only do I owe it to myself to be informed but also to my son and future generations.

And while you won't catch me "supporting the troops" in wars that I don't support, I will always speak my mind in opposition to those things that I find to be contrary to what I believe to be right and just.

I am very happy for you & truly believe that there aren't enough happy candles in the world!

And now, it's time for me to get out there and support our economy. No, I'm not doing Christmas shopping -- I don't support *that* (okay, just a little...and just enough that I don't sleep on the couch) --

Our anniversary is on Sunday...and that is something that I fully support ;-)

Our tradition is lamb chops and orzo....with a really nice red from Andrew Murray.

My son has a standing request to have a glass with us, this year. Think that four years old is too early?

ha ha

edit: here's a link to vineyard -- http://www.andrewmurrayvineyards.com/ -- we've been on their wine list for several years -- six bottles, every month...yum!

Note: a $25-30 bottle usually is around $15-17, if you're on the list. Some of which are reserved only for folks on the list.

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post

So, let's keep smiling.

Rams, go tickle that boy of yours for me!
    Last edited by Ramsey; 12-18-2009 at 05:24 PM.

Guru
    12-19-2009, 01:45 AM #55
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsandy View Post
    Hey Chuck,

Sandy
    Hey Sandy!

I am 61 now, do you need my address to send presents? If so, please email me, lol!

Guru
    12-19-2009, 01:48 AM #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    My son has a standing request to have a glass with us, this year. Think that four years old is too early?

ha ha
    I you lived in Italy, it would be part of his lunch or dinner...so what the hay..that is your family's business...nobody elses...

Happy Anniversary!

Mentor
    12-19-2009, 01:50 AM #57
    Your probably right...If you get a cattle guard on your 330Ci...you would be hard pressed to say...Prove it...You know how many 330Ci with cattle guards are in this city! hahahaha

Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Jeff--
    I have a 330Ci, a coupe'. A cattle guard and a replacement fender will probably cost about the same, in the long run. I'll sacrifice a fender, no problem.

Update: The HPD had two officers positively ID our bad guy. They issued a warrant for his arrest yesterday afternoon (Thursday). His known address didn't pan out, so now every county and city police officer is looking for this guy.

It is only a matter of time, now. I expect him to be locked up very, very soon. And, I look forward to meeting him in person.

Guru
    12-19-2009, 01:56 AM #58
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Your probably right...If you get a cattle guard on your 330Ci...you would be hard pressed to say...Prove it...You know how many 330Ci with cattle guards are in this city! hahahaha
    Jeff, just wanted to say hi to you..I have been busy and am off until the Monday after the 1st.

Guru
    12-19-2009, 02:01 AM #59
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Jeff--
    I have a 330Ci, a coupe'. A cattle guard and a replacement fender will probably cost about the same, in the long run. I'll sacrifice a fender, no problem.

Update: The HPD had two officers positively ID our bad guy. They issued a warrant for his arrest yesterday afternoon (Thursday). His known address didn't pan out, so now every county and city police officer is looking for this guy.

It is only a matter of time, now. I expect him to be locked up very, very soon. And, I look forward to meeting him in person.
    I am glad that they are after the sad bastard! I can't wait to hear about when they catch him.

12-19-2009, 07:11 AM #60
    Good Morning Guys,

Holiday week is coming up and I wanted to say Happy Holidays
    to my friends here in Market Watch.

And to let you all know how much I appreciate this gathering place
    of so many smart, funny, opinionated, caring guys as you all.

Blessed and safe Holidays,

Julie

Page 6 of 24 ... 4567816 ...