Page 5 of 24 ... 3456715 ...
    Guru
    12-18-2009, 01:57 AM #41
    To all:

I am not a "Nervous Nelly", by any sort of a description, however there is a LOT of political garbage going on now.

If you are not aware of it, The Democrats and Republicans are WAY down in the polls behind The Teabag Party (which isn't even formed yet).

With this health care problem, not wanted by 57% of the country that is being rammed down our throat and Cap and Trade coming up to the Senate, I would really watch putting any more monies into the market at this time. That is my personal belief.

The market has dropped big the last two days and I haven't heard an explanation for it. If you have one, please let me know other than what I have stated.

I am really starting to believe that gold might be a way to go...I am still pondering it.

Anyway, keep your eyes and ears open. Keep an eye on the news (not with the mainstream media or MSNBC). I am pretty skeptical at the present.

I agree with Dave to do more long range buys this coming year, but I am on hold until I am convinced otherwise......

Back to work tomorrow....it will be the last day of this job until the first of the year.

Have a great evening and a great trading day!

12-18-2009, 02:29 AM #42
    I'm so sick and tired of seeing the same old white guys telling me what's good for me, in the name of me. All the while, the bullshit rhetorical spin was hatched out in the back of some fancy damned restaurant - where corporations picked up the tab.

Sheesh...just look at the ROI from the financial folks! Many of these guys spent a few million bucks courting these friggin' politicians, only to be rewarded with billions!

It's all a great big friggin scam!

Health Care: Really, what's so wrong with folks having health care? For a nation that is so hellbent on being so damned morally righteous and god-fearing....we sure don't seam to give a damn about people!

Edit: Bill: I'm glad that you like the song. There are some images that I took of the band when they were in Sandy Eggo @ http://gallery.me.com/useyourimaginary -- their website is www.matisyahuworld.com

There's an acoustic version of that song, too. here's a link

http://www.spinner.com/2009/12/08/ma...ideo-premiere/

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    To all:

I am not a "Nervous Nelly", by any sort of a description, however there is a LOT of political garbage going on now.

If you are not aware of it, The Democrats and Republicans are WAY down in the polls behind The Teabag Party (which isn't even formed yet).

With this health care problem, not wanted by 57% of the country that is being rammed down our throat and Cap and Trade coming up to the Senate, I would really watch putting any more monies into the market at this time. That is my personal belief.

The market has dropped big the last two days and I haven't heard an explanation for it. If you have one, please let me know other than what I have stated.

I am really starting to believe that gold might be a way to go...I am still pondering it.

Anyway, keep your eyes and ears open. Keep an eye on the news (not with the mainstream media or MSNBC). I am pretty skeptical at the present.

I agree with Dave to do more long range buys this coming year, but I am on hold until I am convinced otherwise......

Back to work tomorrow....it will be the last day of this job until the first of the year.

Have a great evening and a great trading day!
    Last edited by Ramsey; 12-18-2009 at 02:38 AM.

Guru
    12-18-2009, 03:20 AM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    I'm so sick and tired of seeing the same old white guys telling me what's good for me, in the name of me. All the while, the bullshit rhetorical spin was hatched out in the back of some fancy damned restaurant - where corporations picked up the tab.

Sheesh...just look at the ROI from the financial folks! Many of these guys spent a few million bucks courting these friggin' politicians, only to be rewarded with billions!

It's all a great big friggin scam!

Health Care: Really, what's so wrong with folks having health care? For a nation that is so hellbent on being so damned morally righteous and god-fearing....we sure don't seam to give a damn about people!

Edit: Bill: I'm glad that you like the song. There are some images that I took of the band when they were in Sandy Eggo @ http://gallery.me.com/useyourimaginary -- their website is www.matisyahuworld.com

There's an acoustic version of that song, too. here's a link

http://www.spinner.com/2009/12/08/ma...ideo-premiere/
    When Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are in charge...I defy it! They are on the way out.

As far as health care for people...sure...but make some summer sense out of it....

The "Urgency" sucks! We have to do it now or we will bankrupt the Federal Government! Such bullshit!! This is the Marxist plan! It is the design! Urgency!
    "Move now or we will destruct!" Pure bullshit!

I would love to see every American (real American) get health care.......

The market is going to suffer because of all that is going on...no more money than what I have in there...but that is just my thoughts....I will scrape up the remnants from this year and deduct them...that is how shitty the last six months have gone. Instead of being an investor these last few months, I have been a loser...to the nth degree. That is not my nature or desire. When you figure that you can deduct $3K per year...well, that is sweet..I will be carried over for a few years. It might pay my health care, or pre-pay unitl it goes into effect in four years...The IRS will sure make sure that you are paying on time or you will be in tax fraud or evasion...

This is the only time in American history, that you are required to buy a government plan to be a legitimate American citizen. You will buy it or be illegal. Scares the hell out of me.

12-18-2009, 11:41 AM #44
    Jeff--
    I have a 330Ci, a coupe'. A cattle guard and a replacement fender will probably cost about the same, in the long run. I'll sacrifice a fender, no problem.

Update: The HPD had two officers positively ID our bad guy. They issued a warrant for his arrest yesterday afternoon (Thursday). His known address didn't pan out, so now every county and city police officer is looking for this guy.

It is only a matter of time, now. I expect him to be locked up very, very soon. And, I look forward to meeting him in person.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-18-2009, 11:54 AM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Jeff--
    I have a 330Ci, a coupe'. A cattle guard and a replacement fender will probably cost about the same, in the long run. I'll sacrifice a fender, no problem.

Update: The HPD had two officers positively ID our bad guy. They issued a warrant for his arrest yesterday afternoon (Thursday). His known address didn't pan out, so now every county and city police officer is looking for this guy.

It is only a matter of time, now. I expect him to be locked up very, very soon. And, I look forward to meeting him in person.
    Greg, that will be a wonderful holiday present when they get the bad guy for you.

12-18-2009, 01:28 PM #46
    Well, it certainly appears that you have your sound-bites in order ;-)

*URGENCY* is a joke, Bill, and it apparently is only deserving as it relates to rich old white guys.

HUMANS deserve health care - period.

It should be a crime, what the corporations & powers_that_be have been doing to this country...to the world.

Me -- I absolutely opposed the bail outs.

The market? Hmmm...one of the reasons that we've experienced a rebound is that companies have cut costs...by firing the workers.

Remind me, how was it that AIG got their bailout? What about Goldman Sachs? What about...oh, never mind...

It won't be long before these corporations have absolute control...over the government and over the people.

You want to see how it's going to go down? Just look at the history of Monsanto & it's government official affiliation. Or, hey, you can also look at the beef industry. Living in Colorado? Better not say anything against beef...

One of my coolest memories, that my son will never have (sadly), is when my grandfather took me to visit the local seed-bank. There were hundreds of thousands of seeds, in this old building, that had been cultivated and saved over generations of farmers.

Sheesh...you know what, there are so many ****ed up things that have been going on and that are on-going that I can't not fume at the outrage & audacity of these ****os. So much that I can't see straight...

I'm out.

Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    When Harry Reid and Nancy Pelosi are in charge...I defy it! They are on the way out.

As far as health care for people...sure...but make some summer sense out of it....

The "Urgency" sucks! We have to do it now or we will bankrupt the Federal Government! Such bullshit!! This is the Marxist plan! It is the design! Urgency!
    "Move now or we will destruct!" Pure bullshit!

I would love to see every American (real American) get health care.......

The market is going to suffer because of all that is going on...no more money than what I have in there...but that is just my thoughts....I will scrape up the remnants from this year and deduct them...that is how shitty the last six months have gone. Instead of being an investor these last few months, I have been a loser...to the nth degree. That is not my nature or desire. When you figure that you can deduct $3K per year...well, that is sweet..I will be carried over for a few years. It might pay my health care, or pre-pay unitl it goes into effect in four years...The IRS will sure make sure that you are paying on time or you will be in tax fraud or evasion...

This is the only time in American history, that you are required to buy a government plan to be a legitimate American citizen. You will buy it or be illegal. Scares the hell out of me.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 03:32 PM #47
    Hey Guys, I feel like we've allowed this board to fall into some sort of deep funk. And that is not a good idea!

We need to get back on the horse and shake things up again. The world isn't ending. America is not going to hell in a handbasket. And the climate hasn't changed that much yet..... It's just the beginning of winter.

So, I say, let's put on a happy face!

Somebody has got to have some good news for us. Let's try to stay more positive. So, I'll start and see if you can all join in with me.

The economy has turned around. I think it's LT that has talked about how busy he is at work with mergers and expansions.
    As for my own business. We're expanding also. We'll be opening a new candle store in Duck, North Carolina in March. I wouldn't be making this investment if I didn't feel good about the economy.
    Housing starts are way up in my area. For the last two years, there has hardly been any work for carpenters and laborers. Now, you see new houses being built on vacant lots in several old neighborhoods. That is people investing in the future folks and that's a great thing.

Yes, our stock investments are down right now. But, we have so many other things to be happy about.

Now it's your turn!

Chuck

12-18-2009, 03:47 PM #48
    While I appreciate that notion that there are indications that situations are improving...I really do!

My concern isn't so much about *today* -- the concern that I have is that people do not realize the shear amount of damage that has been done and that continues to be done.

Frankly speaking, there are a lot of difficult questions that need to be answered. More importantly, I feel that it is of paramount importance that the public puts down their twitter accounts and re-learn how to read information that is more hearty than a sound-bite.

There are ridiculous numbers of precedents being set that will take decades to reverse.

This is not to mention the fantastic amounts of bs that has been laid down by previous administrations...none of which is a simple matter of taking a mulligan.

I gotta tell you, on top of everything that drives me completely batty...

The number one thing is that the American public cares more about where some celebrity puts his golf clubs than they do that we have our men and women in harm's way!

Okay, that's depressing...don't want to think about people losing their life and limbs *over there*.

Really, come on, I'm so sick of people that claim to have an opinion or that they care or that they "support"...give me a break cancel the subscription to TMZ or People Magazine or ...

sheesh -- my damned head is going to explode one of these days...

Oh, and don't get me started on the necessity of the perfect Christmas present....because all of my love and care is wrapped up under that tree!

How about we forgo Christmas & donate *that* money to Goldman Sachs...after all, they're doing God's work.

but anyway...

And to end this rant on a happy note...

Congrats Chuck! Economic downturns - in my opinion - are the best times to start any new venture!

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Hey Guys, I feel like we've allowed this board to fall into some sort of deep funk. And that is not a good idea!

We need to get back on the horse and shake things up again. The world isn't ending. America is not going to hell in a handbasket. And the climate hasn't changed that much yet..... It's just the beginning of winter.

So, I say, let's put on a happy face!

Somebody has got to have some good news for us. Let's try to stay more positive. So, I'll start and see if you can all join in with me.

The economy has turned around. I think it's LT that has talked about how busy he is at work with mergers and expansions.
    As for my own business. We're expanding also. We'll be opening a new candle store in Duck, North Carolina in March. I wouldn't be making this investment if I didn't feel good about the economy.
    Housing starts are way up in my area. For the last two years, there has hardly been any work for carpenters and laborers. Now, you see new houses being built on vacant lots in several old neighborhoods. That is people investing in the future folks and that's a great thing.

Yes, our stock investments are down right now. But, we have so many other things to be happy about.

Now it's your turn!

Chuck

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 04:17 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    While I appreciate that notion that there are indications that situations are improving...I really do!

My concern isn't so much about *today* -- the concern that I have is that people do not realize the shear amount of damage that has been done and that continues to be done.

Frankly speaking, there are a lot of difficult questions that need to be answered. More importantly, I feel that it is of paramount importance that the public puts down their twitter accounts and re-learn how to read information that is more hearty than a sound-bite.

There are ridiculous numbers of precedents being set that will take decades to reverse.

This is not to mention the fantastic amounts of bs that has been laid down by previous administrations...none of which is a simple matter of taking a mulligan.

I gotta tell you, on top of everything that drives me completely batty...

The number one thing is that the American public cares more about where some celebrity puts his golf clubs than they do that we have our men and women in harm's way!

Okay, that's depressing...don't want to think about people losing their life and limbs *over there*.

Really, come on, I'm so sick of people that claim to have an opinion or that they care or that they "support"...give me a break cancel the subscription to TMZ or People Magazine or ...

sheesh -- my damned head is going to explode one of these days...

Oh, and don't get me started on the necessity of the perfect Christmas present....because all of my love and care is wrapped up under that tree!

How about we forgo Christmas & donate *that* money to Goldman Sachs...after all, they're doing God's work.

but anyway...

And to end this rant on a happy note...

Congrats Chuck! Economic downturns - in my opinion - are the best times to start any new venture!
    Holy Cow Ramsey, you've got me falling off my chair laughing man! But, that was the most depressing positive post I've ever read.......LOL

To take this just a step further. This will be our 7th store. We'll have over 40 people employed just retailing candles. Not to mention the extra staff that we'll have to add in the production studio.

I read today that the Ford Motor Company, which did not take government money that I know of, is paying down debt faster than expected.

This is all good news. This is much better news than we had 6 months ago.

And yes, you can worry about the national debt if you want to. But, please remember that a strong economy with a reasonbable tax structure will help to repay that debt. We could have been doing that at the end of the Clinton Administration. And we can do that again. It's a very old saying in business that you have to spend money in order to make money. That's what our government has done and it is beginning to work.

I wish it would work better for some of these penny stocks that I've gotten into.... And it has worked for most of my big board stocks.

Mentor
    12-18-2009, 04:24 PM #50
    Here is one more example of what can happen when you put on your rose colored glasses.

QASP, this morning I put nearly a thousand bucks into QASP in the .0133 range. While I was typing that last reply, that stock sold for .0149 I made a hundred bucks. I would not have made that dough if I didn't stay positive and take a chance on QASP, a company I believe in.

This market, especially the pennies, is like playing poker. If you fold every hand, you will always lose. It's just that simple.

So, let's keep smiling.

Rams, go tickle that boy of yours for me!

Page 5 of 24 ... 3456715 ...