Page 4 of 24 ... 2345614 ...
    Guru
    12-17-2009, 02:30 AM #31
    [QUOTE=Los Tiburones;58273]
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post

Good stuff Bill - Love that mindset ... character, trust, credibility, honesty ... integrity

Hate to diverge to stocks but ... Anybody following the Sponge saga? It's just incredibly bizarre, a new 8K out ... I can't even get into it all since it feels like watching the third movie in a trilogy wondering what the first two were all about - Tried selling off my mere pittance of 10K shares @ 0.049 yesterday - Order was in all day and I watched L2 constantly bypass me and fill orders above and equal all day long ... maybe mine came with a fish scent and they forgot to tell me?

http://ih.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&...mbol=NO%5ESPNG

The day after the great funding of America's Aviation Company (Couldn't help it) - Sadly no PR to shut down the shrubbery whining

On the plus side, some good DD on the shrub for the "Q" - Somebody dug up the DNS ... here - http://www.who.is/whois/atlanticaviationinc.com/ - Note the IP location - Interesting as this is one of the areas they were going after ... Other good bit's on the lawyers ... Maybe today, maybe tomorrow ... Friday ... any day now
    Thanks, buddy! I appreciate your words!

I have just been working. I have taken some pictures of what we are doing and I will post some here soon. I haven't even looked at my stocks, because they are not worth getting neurotic over...they aren't worth shit, so why get excited?

I am working hard and having a good time though... You know that I appreciate what you have to say, Tib!

Guru
    12-17-2009, 02:36 AM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Hey folks...and Julie, Too

It's funny to hear Bill talk about this lady employer...

If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd wager that Bill is actually quite wealthy & that he's just doing a tile job for his Missus. How's that role play working for you, buddy?
    Hey Rams...I am telling you....phew!! You would have to see for yourself....what an awesome woman! I wish that everybody could have one that good...there wouldn't be any problems...

Guru
    12-17-2009, 02:47 AM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Damn Bill...

Coffee in the am...pays everyother day...never discussed price...Sounds like this job could take acouple of years! or I forgot about the "special" sandwiches for lunch.

Jeff
    Ya, that is all for real....yesterday she had to go to Boulder and couldn't get us lunch, so tomorrow morning she has cinnamon roll things to make up for it, lol. She has a seventeen year old son, and he is awesome! Plays a Gibson guitar that I have never seen the likes of before...It tunes itself and can download software into it (i.e. Led Zeppelin, Santana, Grand Funk, etc..). It has kevlar for dots on it and has a P-90 on the neck and a humbucker on the bridge. It is red (almost maroon). I might give him one of my amps to use for a month or two. The kid is too nice...he is 17 and is a "Good Kid". That is so rare these days. The great thing is that he was brought up on classic rock and roll...he knows his music...and I will help him out. I have some pics of Jimi Hendix's grave and some rocks from his grave that I will give him tomorrow. I am being constructive...just not "Stock Intense" right now. I am afraid of the economy. I mean that I all ready have some losers, but I don't need to put more money in Obama's spending spree. I see no good coming out of it. The Dems have gone crazy with spending, and the Repubs are just about as bad. I am now a libertarian or a conservative. I have given up on parties.

Man, I covered a lot of ground!

Have a great evening!

P.S. I all ready told her that the spa makes the floor look like shit, which it does...maybe we will tear that out and replace it with new tile. I am going to be so bummed out when this is over, because they are like family now...
    Last edited by billhart22; 12-17-2009 at 02:51 AM.

Guru
    12-17-2009, 02:59 AM #34

Smile Have a great day Guys and Julie!

Have a great one!

Andy, Jeff, Jim, Shots, Greg, Ramsey, Dave, Tib, Julie and Chuck and everybody.........Thanks for being such great people and helping all of we people and for being such good friends...We have a great bunch here and I am appreciative of being so intertwined with such fine minds.

A new year is approaching...now let's use some sense this coming year, lol!

BTW...any new people or people that read here (lurkers), please feel free to post.........we would love to meet you and hear your prospective on things.

12-17-2009, 04:41 AM #35
    Kudos to you, buddy!

Truth be told, I'm a bit on the fence about selling the shares.

If I were listening to my friend, Dave, I wouldn't have bought the extra shares in the first place. Hell, if I were following my own guidance...well, you know ;-)

My issue is simple -- I've gotten myself into a psychological battle with myself. I was up $2K - thought about about selling...and didn't.

And then, well, then I got myself into this "they owe me $2k" mindset. WTF - I just need to listen to my self more --

for the record, thought, my order is still in & has yet to be filled @ .0465. I may change it to .044.

In a way, though, I don't exactly give a rat's ass...even though Dave's gonna give me a lecture.

Okay, as you all know - he doesn't lecture -- he relates a third party story that really hits home...sometimes really hard...and then I feel guilty as hell that I didn't listen.

Anyway...the management over at sponge...I'd like to sit down with them & relate a few 3rd party stories of my own. Some of my stories would start with "my grand dad taught me to be true to my word" or some such verbiage..

Bill -- a couple of my closest friends reside in Boulder. The next time that I'm out there...I'm going to work with you. And we'll see just who this phenomenal woman is...exactly, Mr! Ha Ha!!!

Seriously though, it's funny how you cats that have been married for more than five years speak entirely different than those of us that haven't...just an observation, buddy...just an observation.

Fact is...I look forward (in a lot of respects) to the day that my wife says "honey, won't you please build yourself a mancave" -- ha ha

All in good humor...

I do look forward to making your acquaintance, in person, though!

And while I'm on the subject, that goes for the rest of you...too...and Julie, Too!

Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Ramsey

i have tried to sell my spng for the last couple of weeks. started at .05...lowered it all the way down to .044 yesterday...was going to put in another sell order today and to my suprise...all of it sold...Funny thing is...sold my 100k in 3 lots...1 at .044, 1 @.045, and the last 1 @ .05...Shocked to say the least. Still not sure why 2 lots were over .044 but not complaining!

Mentor
    12-17-2009, 06:35 AM #36
    I've always wondered about orders that are sitting there and get passed up... I guess they must have to sit in a queue... something I'll ask a broker next time I see them. But also, there is routing.. and perhaps these big brokerages don't have preference in the routing systems as compared to how some of the others get their orders thru.

My 0.0001 sell for EVFL took a long long time to hit - weeks.

I like the candle set up on QASP at the moment, if it takes out yesterday's high - I bet for a bounce.

CBAI interesting also - not a bounce looking setup, but it looks like after a turnaround, there was some indecision - or rather, changing of hands. It took out the low, but closed up there.

Ramsey - I was thinking the same thing you were thinking - pump a few shares on SPNG. Not to mention, look what I did the other day.

I think I'll be cutting out of ASFX in it's entirety if there is another drop tomorrow. I can't rebuy at scotty - but perhaps one of my other accounts.

Going to TDA maybe here in the upcoming week to see if I can't get a good rate, so I can use TOS finally.

Bass - I see GLD a decent bounce... if that's what your contracts are for, remember to exit on a good solid candle... if the ETF starts moving sideways, the decay will eat your profits. Watching gold at the moment, I bought into NSU (need to update my tickers) the other day - had a good run today, and also still in NXG.

Oh yes - the BDI is looking to bounce off some support. I have DSX - so looking forward to a bounce. RAMS appears to be building a pattern that I've seen that doesn't have a name. I want to get up early, it's 2:26 am. If I do, and it takes out another candle, may go in.

Bill - this is the best forum. Since you drew me back in with your pm back in June or whatever, my trades have been pretty good - early in the year, I had really drained my account trying to play options on my own without understanding them. I think I pretty much made it all back thanks to being on here. My latest trades have been pretty disciplined, except for the world's stupidest buy I did the other day, maybe post that chart as a don't do what I just did example later.. need to update the sig too...

Anyway, still working up on setting myself up for next year, so trying not to log in and post every 3 mins, also trying to poke around the net, see what other info I can drag up for trading.

Still need to print my follies for the year, study them.

I'm going to *try* to trade less, better setups next year, and keep a more detailed log of what I'm doing. I'm always posting about doing this or that, but I for one, don't do half of it diligently.

Anyway, looking forward to a good year with y'all.

Peace out for now. Let's hope the BDI bounces. Near term resistance isn't as strong as longer out, so perhaps that OCNF will break $1.25.

Mentor
    12-17-2009, 10:15 AM #37
    A new year is approaching...now let's use some sense this coming year, lol!
    Speaking of sense ... Apparently I woke up this morning and instead of tripping the alarm, turned the cynicism meter back on ... ... Caught on to a new penny related term today; "Zombie" - Neither exuberant nor depressed, I think it relates to people waiting on PR's ...

Bill, every time you relate your experiences here it sets me reminiscing - This year has been just incredibly busy and baffling, going through a merger\acquisition that feels like it will never be completed, constant changes and curve balls ... it just feels constantly unsettled and I still don't have the foggiest idea what is going on. All that to say, given the right circumstances (The great "Q" paying off my debts as a wishful scenario.) I would love to go back to remodeling again ... Interesting hearing myself think that out loud, I had to pause for a long time there, weighing the pro's and cons once again .... benefits ... taxes ... the state of the economy and being in the Sillycon Valley ... But I do miss it.

Think Dr.D is right about the sequence-que business with the sponge, my hunch is if you put in a GTC order that might put you in line - Will probably do that this morning, I got passed up like everyone else the last couple of days. Of course it will trigger and then they will release the AWOL 10K the same day ...

Anyone still in EVFL or EVFN or whatever they are calling it now? Popped in to the shrub on it and can't make sense of it other than it not sounding all that peachy ...

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-17-2009, 01:07 PM #38

On the stock front -- I couldn't help myself with the spongee.

I had Chuck in my head -- & rolled a lot of my QASP funds into it, thinking "hey, I can be in and out and make a few benjamins in the process".

Well, I took a short term position @ .04. And now, I can't sell that god damned things for even .044 -- even though it runs to .05 several times per day!

It's really frustrating!
    Ramsey, you should know better than to ever have Chuck in your head....It's kind of like having rocks for brains
    But, in reality, I'd just hold onto the SPNG, unless you need the cash. I still think we'll see a very strong comeback from this company. I feel the same about QASP. Getting out of these stocks with a loss is definitely a loss. But, if you hold on and remember why you bought in the first place, you may see a very healthy return. It just takes time my friend. And time is one thing that most of us have plenty of!
    Good luck my man!
    Chuck

12-17-2009, 08:38 PM #39
    Oh, I don't know...

I'd reckon that it's okay...at least in some cases. I really like the way he thinks, in most cases ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Ramsey, you should know better than to ever have Chuck in your head....It's kind of like having rocks for brains
    But, in reality, I'd just hold onto the SPNG, unless you need the cash. I still think we'll see a very strong comeback from this company. I feel the same about QASP. Getting out of these stocks with a loss is definitely a loss. But, if you hold on and remember why you bought in the first place, you may see a very healthy return. It just takes time my friend. And time is one thing that most of us have plenty of!
    Good luck my man!
    Chuck

Guru
    12-18-2009, 01:50 AM #40
    Kudos to you, buddy!

Truth be told, I'm a bit on the fence about selling the shares.

If I were listening to my friend, Dave, I wouldn't have bought the extra shares in the first place. Hell, if I were following my own guidance...well, you know ;-)

My issue is simple -- I've gotten myself into a psychological battle with myself. I was up $2K - thought about about selling...and didn't.

And then, well, then I got myself into this "they owe me $2k" mindset. WTF - I just need to listen to my self more --

for the record, thought, my order is still in & has yet to be filled @ .0465. I may change it to .044.

In a way, though, I don't exactly give a rat's ass...even though Dave's gonna give me a lecture.

Okay, as you all know - he doesn't lecture -- he relates a third party story that really hits home...sometimes really hard...and then I feel guilty as hell that I didn't listen.

Anyway...the management over at sponge...I'd like to sit down with them & relate a few 3rd party stories of my own. Some of my stories would start with "my grand dad taught me to be true to my word" or some such verbiage..

Bill -- a couple of my closest friends reside in Boulder. The next time that I'm out there...I'm going to work with you. And we'll see just who this phenomenal woman is...exactly, Mr! Ha Ha!!!

Seriously though, it's funny how you cats that have been married for more than five years speak entirely different than those of us that haven't...just an observation, buddy...just an observation.

Fact is...I look forward (in a lot of respects) to the day that my wife says "honey, won't you please build yourself a mancave" -- ha ha

All in good humor...

I do look forward to making your acquaintance, in person, though!

And while I'm on the subject, that goes for the rest of you...too...and Julie, Too!
    That song in your signature is really good! Thanks for sharing it!

Page 4 of 24 ... 2345614 ...