Page 14 of 24 ... 41213141516 ...
    Mentor
    12-24-2009, 01:38 PM #131
    Damn, this ZVTK is still trucking - had little chatter on it, but noticed this morning it was #4 on the hub, and now it's #1. I can see it going superparabolic after xmas. The QASP is #2 btw.

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 03:58 PM #132
    Merry christmas to everyone!!!!

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 07:54 PM #133
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    Man, your sliders sound great! Maybe I should come over to your house!

My sliders go like this:

They are Turkey Sliders with Mango Poblano Relish

2 pounds ground turkey
    1 egg
    1 Tablespoon dried chopped onion
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
    1 tablespoon Romano cheese
    15 small dinner rolls
    15 pieces green leaf lettuce

** MANGO POBLANO RELISH **

2 ripe mangoes, cut in 1/8-inch dice
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    3tablespoons diced grilled poblano chile
    juice of 1 lime
    3 green onions, chopped
    3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 tablespoon honey

In a bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, chopped onion, garlic salt pepper and Pcorino. Mix to blemd well. Form into 15 round patties. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until frozen.

To prepare the relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended. Place a third of the mixture in a blender and puree. Add the remaining relish and blend well Cover and chill.

Preheat the grill (barbeque).

Place the burgers on the grill and cook over medium heat.

Top each slider with a piece of lettuce and 1 tablespoon of relish. Close the rolls and serve immediately.

Yum... Yum...

Tilapia Sliders

1/2 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 cup flour
    1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    salt and pepper
    4 tilapia fillets cut into 16 equal pieces
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 package parker house or Hawaiian rolls (16 rolls)
    4 leaves romaine lettuce cut into quarters
    1/2 tomato slices
    4 slices Cheddar cheese, cut into quarters

** TANGY TARTAR SAUCE **

1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE
    2 tablespoons pickle relish
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste

Dunk fillets in the milk mixture and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, coating both sides evenly.

In a large saute pan, immediately heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot, but not smoking, add the fillets to the pan. Cook on one side until the coating is light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from the pan with a slotted spatula and drain on paper towels.

Meanwhile, whisk together the tartar sauce ingredients.

Slice the rolls and place a fillet on each bottom half, then top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and tartar sauce.

HALIBUT TACOS

2 pounds halibut fillets, cut into 8 equal pieces
    8 corn tortillas (soft white corn...not crunchy yellow ones)
    1 cup very thinly slice green cabbage
    1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    1 lime, cut into wedges

MARINADE
    1 1/4 Cups Chardonnay (or white wine)
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3 tablespoons crushed garlic
    juice and grated peel of 1 lime
    1 green onion, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon salt

SALSA
    4-5 ripe tomatoes, diced
    1 avocado diced
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    1-2 jalapenos, minced
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    salt and pepper to taste.

Mix marinade ingredients. Add halibut and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours, turning several times.

Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and chill.

Preheat the grill.

Remove fish from marinade and grill until it is no longer translucent in the center and starts to flake Crumble fish into a bowl and keep warm.

Bill tortillas with halibut, cabbage onions, cilantro and salsa. Add a squeeze of lime. Makes 8 servings..

*** THE ASS-KICKING SAUCE TO PUT ON ANYTHING!! ***

MIX MAYONNAISE, CHIPOTLE POWDER AND HOT HORSERADISH TOGETHER WITH A TOUCH OF LEMON JUICE......THIS IS TO DIE FOR!!
    Wow Bill! Did you write that all out? ... Man, I am so 'vanilla' ... Put it this way, growing up I was the 'picky eater' - Steak and potates (Fries really), burgers, chicken ... Just a carnivore, BBQ the whole year round ... even in the rain.

I'm going to ask my Pa tomorrow if my Ma left anything behind as far as recipes go ... The sliders are a difficult thing for me to explain, really pretty simple from what I recall ... something handed down to my Ma from her folks. My Mom never used a measuring cup or measuring utensils (for the most part), everything was by feel and experience. One year my Dad videotaped her cooking Thanksgiving turkey and killer stuffing, for posterity and gave each of us kids a copy ... "How much are you putting in there dear?" "Oh, I don't know... about this much" went the commentary - took us a few tries to get it even close.

Think this is pretty close, the description fits ("Originated during the depression") -

Directions

Wash chicken and place in large pot. Cover with water and add chopped vegetables, bay leaves, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for about 2 hours or until meat comes away easily from the bone.

Remove chicken from broth and strain liquid. Reserve the broth and discard all vegetables.

When chicken is cool remove meat from the bones and all skin, keeping the chicken meat in reasonably large pieces.

To make the noodles(sliders): Beat the egg with some of the cooled broth, measure out the flour, work the egg mixture into the flour adding broth as required until the dough forms a ball. Knead the ball for a few minutes. Roll out the dough on a floured surface. Cut the dough into strips about 1 1/2 inches wide and 3 inches long. Don't worry if they are irregular in shape.

Leave any excess flour on the noodles.

Bring the reserved broth to a rapid boil, add the noodles and let them boil for about 5 minutes. Reduce heat, add cut up chicken and simmer until the broth is very thick like gravy (add a little flour to thicken if required). Add salt and pepper to taste.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chicken...rs/detail.aspx

My Ma would make them separate with BBQ chicken ... I have got to give this a shot!

The great Q ... been holding out on you guy's, but I got a reply from a certain someone last weekend after wishing him a Merry Christmas - Have been hesitant to even mention it here since I know we have covert ops watching us (Have seen some of my DD posted verbatim on the site with a bushy name, thanks for not blowing our cover!) - Nothing grandiose but let me know and I will send a PM ... the timing of the PR a few days later had me chuckling ...

Found out that I cannot give away my SPNG shares seemingly at any price, GTC - .048, 0.05, 0.044, 0.043 ... It doesn't matter, had the GTC in for 4 or 5 days @ .048 and watched them fill all kinds of orders at the same price and higher ... I'm telling ya, they have a fish smell ...

Which leads me to another foul smelling stock ... MGLG, how can I write these off if I can't get rid of them? A question that doesn't need to be answered.

Dr.Dave - Wow, looks like you might just nail the SIRI boasting contest here ... Shoot and I was really rooting for Relmor ...

Bass, how's the lesions doing? lol ...

Rams, Julie, ... everybody ... Merry Christmas!

Enthusiast
    12-25-2009, 01:51 PM #134
    Merry Christmas to All on this Thread. What a great group here.

12-25-2009, 03:06 PM #135
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Bill did you get that PS3?! if ya did we'll have to play online together some time

Guru
    12-26-2009, 02:53 AM #136
    Quote Originally Posted by stang3O2 View Post
    Merry Christmas everyone!

Bill did you get that PS3?! if ya did we'll have to play online together some time
    Hey Matt,

I got the PSP 3.........the new one.......the furthest I have gotten with it is charging the battery...........Yes, it plays online and all of that stuff...just give me some hints if you will and I can get up to speed. I would love to play online with you!

The Halibut tacos and Talapia Sliders just rocked today and tonight! They are so good. What all did anyone eat today?

Matt, since you are a fashion model..you might be able to appreciate this. I got my wife a card with a really buff guy in in Santa Claus suit and his chest hanging out. Inside it says, "No presents could be opened until after Uncle Kenny did his somewhat disturbing version of "Jingle Bell Rock." "Have a rocking Christmas."

Matt, great to hear from you!

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 12-26-2009 at 02:57 AM.

12-26-2009, 10:57 AM #137
    Awesome Bill, they are so much fun! First thing to do is set up after you get connected to the internet is a playstation account (turn on the system and scroll to the second to last icon on the right). You have to create a user name and that will be the name you use for all your online play. Once you set up that account log into the playstation store and download some free demos so you can see what games you will like. Call of Duty 2 Modern Warfare is the big hit right now and its really fun if you like first person shooting games. I'm not sure if they have a demo for it or not but it is the most popular game. also if you have a high-def. tv get an HDMI cable so you can get full 1080p, you can get them anywhere locally for $15-$150 depending on brand, I bought mine online off amazon for $3 and it works perfectly. I play Madden allot too its a great football game, if you like sporting games and i know they have a demo of madden '10 at the ps store. a quick youtube search will show you how to setup the internet connection or account or anything you need to know about it

Mentor
    12-26-2009, 10:46 PM #138
    Merry Christmas to all!

In honor of my wife's grandmother and the best cooking grandma around (when she was alive) We fixed all of her favorite Mexican Food recipes for all of our closest relatives. 32 at my house...yes...we are crazy!!

Chicken enchiladas

Carne Guisada (Roast cubed, browned in skillett, slow cooked with chili powder (tons), cumin, onion, salt (tons), black pepper, garlic salt. Until tender and tasty

Mexican Rice- brown rice, tomato sauce, water, chili powder

Pinto Beans- soak beans over night in pot of water beans, cilantro, salt pork (not bacon), onion, 1 beer (in with beans),garlic salt, black pepper, salt Slow cooked in crock pot for 3-4 hours.

Homemade Salsa- Hot, hot, hot - jalapenos, onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic salt, 1 chile pequin (hot little bastard)

Turned out damn good if I must say so myself!

Mentor
    12-28-2009, 11:54 PM #139
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Merry Christmas to all!

In honor of my wife's grandmother and the best cooking grandma around (when she was alive) We fixed all of her favorite Mexican Food recipes for all of our closest relatives. 32 at my house...yes...we are crazy!!

Chicken enchiladas

Carne Guisada (Roast cubed, browned in skillett, slow cooked with chili powder (tons), cumin, onion, salt (tons), black pepper, garlic salt. Until tender and tasty

Mexican Rice- brown rice, tomato sauce, water, chili powder

Pinto Beans- soak beans over night in pot of water beans, cilantro, salt pork (not bacon), onion, 1 beer (in with beans),garlic salt, black pepper, salt Slow cooked in crock pot for 3-4 hours.

Homemade Salsa- Hot, hot, hot - jalapenos, onion, cilantro, tomato, garlic salt, 1 chile pequin (hot little bastard)

Turned out damn good if I must say so myself!
    32?

Wow ...!

12-29-2009, 11:01 AM #140
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    What all did anyone eat today?
    Smoked, organic, free-range chicken (whole). It is to die for.

We smoke a whole Turkey for thanksgiving, also to die for.

Easy recipe:
    1. Acquire bird of choice.
    2. Give it a rubdown with extra virgin olive oil.
    3. Place in smoker with mesquite/hickory, BIG chunks of it.
    4. Turkey takes 8-9 hours (12-14 pounder), chicken takes just 3 hours.
    5. Let rest for 10-15 minutes before devouring.
    6. You will desire this again and again and again.

Happy holidays to you all.

Page 14 of 24 ... 41213141516 ...