Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...
    Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:46 AM #121
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Everyone shopping or something? it's quiet in here, lol.
    I am trying to regenerate after shopping, especially with all of the snow here. The streets are like a skating rink. Today I put the brakes on and slid 200 feet, while in 4 wheel drive. I had to hit a hard right or I would have been hit in the driver's side. I am staying home tomorrow. I am not going anywhere. It is unfortunate that my wife has to go to work for half a day tomorrow and manage the corporation. Why even do a half a day? Crazy economics. I am so fortunate not to have a job, but to work for myself. It has its plus' and minuses though...but it has freedom. I love being free...just like Chuck!

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:48 AM #122
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Happy holidays to everyone here.
    Merry Christmas Tree!

It is so GREAT to hear from you! Bless you and your family!

Bill

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:55 AM #123
    Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post
    Here is our bad boy, arrested Saturday night by HPD's finest.

You can read up on him at www.wvrja.com and search for the last name of "Dupree".

He was out on bond, awaiting a trial for…wait for it… breaking and entering. He was also caught with some illegal pills in his pocket.

Preliminary hearing is set for December 29. I'll be there with bells on. He gets to spend Christmas in jail. Probably won't get bond for this one, so he's in the pokey at least until April, the next time the grand jury meets.

I feel good.
    It really is a shame. A guy takes drugs and the drugs overtake him and make him steal to support a worthless habit.

It makes me wonder what the guy would really be like if he had a decent upbringing. I realize that sometimes the upbringing won't even change a person's natural, but illogical, behavior.

Greg, I am happy that you have the guy on ice. I just hope that he has the ability to learn from the situation, but from the sound of it...he has a rap sheet and may not improve.

I am compassionate, but am realistically tough on crime.

I am sorry that this happened to you and your family. That is what offends me me most of anything. Now, I am happy for you and your family that this vermin has been caught.

Have a wonderful Christmas and know that we all love and respect you and your family so much, as we know that you are one of the biggest givers to people that we know!

Bill

12-24-2009, 09:39 AM #124
    Thanks, Bill.

And the very same to you and yours, and to all the Sirius Buzz Market Watch gang.

Hey...only 7 more days left in this miserable year, and then we get a new one!

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 10:40 AM #125
    Oh ya...for XMAS day...we are having "Turkey Sliders" and ...
    If this is what I think it is ... can I come over for dinner?

My Ma used to make the BEST, and I do want to emphasize THE BEST Sliders in the world. Just to see that word ... have tried to explain this to people in the past - "Chicken and Sliders" and the retort is always, "Don't you mean Chicken and Dumplings"? Not even the same thing ... Sliders are more dough like than noodles, rolled out flat and cooked in chicken broth (Or turkey in Bill's case) ... They are so slick that you can't scoop them up with a spoon ...

Am I on the same page here Bill?

If so, what time's dinner? lol ...

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 12:01 PM #126
    CBAI still holding on to the recent gain. Andy, you still in it? I'm hoping this consolidation holds up, and we see a new breakout.

I sold ZVTK after a 30% run 1st day, 50% gain the second... it's climbing. Meant to just shave it, but bought it in 3 accounts, and noticed I sold all in 2, so sold all in the third in 2 sells. Will be eyeing a pullback perhaps... if it pullsback, lol. There's pollution in the air!

NVL is moving still

My new solar plays aren't moving, but not down either.

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 12:07 PM #127
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I am trying to regenerate after shopping, especially with all of the snow here. The streets are like a skating rink. Today I put the brakes on and slid 200 feet, while in 4 wheel drive. I had to hit a hard right or I would have been hit in the driver's side. I am staying home tomorrow. I am not going anywhere. It is unfortunate that my wife has to go to work for half a day tomorrow and manage the corporation. Why even do a half a day? Crazy economics. I am so fortunate not to have a job, but to work for myself. It has its plus' and minuses though...but it has freedom. I love being free...just like Chuck!
    Geez, that sounds crazy - I don't miss driving in Wyoming - lol, I remember our trips back and forth from UW, and the wind would be whipping so much, we'd be driving about 25 mph, and sometimes the car would be going diagonally, lol.

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:15 PM #128
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    If this is what I think it is ... can I come over for dinner?

My Ma used to make the BEST, and I do want to emphasize THE BEST Sliders in the world. Just to see that word ... have tried to explain this to people in the past - "Chicken and Sliders" and the retort is always, "Don't you mean Chicken and Dumplings"? Not even the same thing ... Sliders are more dough like than noodles, rolled out flat and cooked in chicken broth (Or turkey in Bill's case) ... They are so slick that you can't scoop them up with a spoon ...

Am I on the same page here Bill?

If so, what time's dinner? lol ...
    Man, your sliders sound great! Maybe I should come over to your house!

My sliders go like this:

They are Turkey Sliders with Mango Poblano Relish

2 pounds ground turkey
    1 egg
    1 Tablespoon dried chopped onion
    1 teaspoon garlic salt
    1/8 teaspoon ground pepper
    1 tablespoon Romano cheese
    15 small dinner rolls
    15 pieces green leaf lettuce

** MANGO POBLANO RELISH **

2 ripe mangoes, cut in 1/8-inch dice
    1/2 cup diced red onion
    3tablespoons diced grilled poblano chile
    juice of 1 lime
    3 green onions, chopped
    3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
    1 tablespoon honey

In a bowl, combine ground turkey, egg, chopped onion, garlic salt pepper and Pcorino. Mix to blemd well. Form into 15 round patties. Place in the freezer for 1 hour or until frozen.

To prepare the relish, combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix until well blended. Place a third of the mixture in a blender and puree. Add the remaining relish and blend well Cover and chill.

Preheat the grill (barbeque).

Place the burgers on the grill and cook over medium heat.

Top each slider with a piece of lettuce and 1 tablespoon of relish. Close the rolls and serve immediately.

Yum... Yum...

Tilapia Sliders

1/2 cup milk
    2 eggs
    1 cup flour
    1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
    1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
    2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
    salt and pepper
    4 tilapia fillets cut into 16 equal pieces
    3 tablespoons olive oil
    1 package parker house or Hawaiian rolls (16 rolls)
    4 leaves romaine lettuce cut into quarters
    1/2 tomato slices
    4 slices Cheddar cheese, cut into quarters

** TANGY TARTAR SAUCE **

1/2 CUP MAYONNAISE
    2 tablespoons pickle relish
    1 tablespoon lemon juice
    salt and pepper to taste

Dunk fillets in the milk mixture and then dredge in the cornmeal mixture, coating both sides evenly.

In a large saute pan, immediately heat olive oil over medium-high heat. When it is hot, but not smoking, add the fillets to the pan. Cook on one side until the coating is light golden brown, about 4 minutes. Carefully turn the fillets and cook for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from the pan with a slotted spatula and drain on paper towels.

Meanwhile, whisk together the tartar sauce ingredients.

Slice the rolls and place a fillet on each bottom half, then top with lettuce, tomato, cheese and tartar sauce.

HALIBUT TACOS

2 pounds halibut fillets, cut into 8 equal pieces
    8 corn tortillas (soft white corn...not crunchy yellow ones)
    1 cup very thinly slice green cabbage
    1/2 cup diagonally sliced green onions
    1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    1 lime, cut into wedges

MARINADE
    1 1/4 Cups Chardonnay (or white wine)
    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
    1/2 cup olive oil
    3 tablespoons crushed garlic
    juice and grated peel of 1 lime
    1 green onion, thinly sliced
    1/4 teaspoon salt

SALSA
    4-5 ripe tomatoes, diced
    1 avocado diced
    1/4 cup fresh lime juice
    1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
    1-2 jalapenos, minced
    1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
    salt and pepper to taste.

Mix marinade ingredients. Add halibut and marinate in the refrigerator for 1-3 hours, turning several times.

Combine all salsa ingredients in a bowl and chill.

Preheat the grill.

Remove fish from marinade and grill until it is no longer translucent in the center and starts to flake Crumble fish into a bowl and keep warm.

Bill tortillas with halibut, cabbage onions, cilantro and salsa. Add a squeeze of lime. Makes 8 servings..

*** THE ASS-KICKING SAUCE TO PUT ON ANYTHING!! ***

MIX MAYONNAISE, CHIPOTLE POWDER AND HOT HORSERADISH TOGETHER WITH A TOUCH OF LEMON JUICE......THIS IS TO DIE FOR!!
    Last edited by billhart22; 12-24-2009 at 01:27 PM.

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:19 PM #129
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Geez, that sounds crazy - I don't miss driving in Wyoming - lol, I remember our trips back and forth from UW, and the wind would be whipping so much, we'd be driving about 25 mph, and sometimes the car would be going diagonally, lol.
    I used to live in Rawlins, Wyoming. It is the only place that I have ever been that if you have pea gravel put in your driveway, by the next morning it will be gone.

The wind blows all of the time...it erodes a person's mind.

I sure love the fishing and the hunting there though! If you are an outdoorsman, it doesn't get any better!

Mentor
    12-24-2009, 01:36 PM #130
    Quote Originally Posted by billhart22 View Post
    I used to live in Rawlins, Wyoming. It is the only place that I have ever been that if you have pea gravel put in your driveway, by the next morning it will be gone.

The wind blows all of the time...it erodes a person's mind.

I sure love the fishing and the hunting there though! If you are an outdoorsman, it doesn't get any better!
    Wyo is a wind tunnel, they used to say because Nebraska sucks and Utah blows, lol. Laramie was a nightmare.

They built tunnels under the whole university since it was so windy and cold, but they were lined with asbestos, so were shut down when I got there. Ice on the ground for the first day of school, ice on the ground for the last.

Page 13 of 24 ... 3111213141523 ...