12-23-2009, 10:08 AM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by thetree View Post
    Happy holidays to everyone here.
    Mr.thetree! (I haven't forgotten )

Merry Christmas!

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 10:10 AM #112
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    To those who do not believe in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior...

get your ass back to work...you have absolutley no reason for taking the day off!!!
    I'm sorry but that is just ... hilarious!

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 10:26 AM #113
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Damn this is making me laugh -

http://www.thewvsr.com/adsvsreality.htm

I started crying at the 5th one... so true!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dr.Dave,

Good thing I don't eat breakfast ... and speaking of losing all relish (pun intended) for certain visceral ... attributes ... Was that you who posted the Wal-Mart watch or whatever it was called last week?

There was a news bit buried in there about the site and the commentator made the astute observation that it was "Hilarious, disgusting and disturbing" all wrapped into one.

Now, whenever I come within 15 miles of one my whole body starts convulsing ...

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 02:48 PM #114
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    Dr.Dave,

Good thing I don't eat breakfast ... and speaking of losing all relish (pun intended) for certain visceral ... attributes ... Was that you who posted the Wal-Mart watch or whatever it was called last week?

There was a news bit buried in there about the site and the commentator made the astute observation that it was "Hilarious, disgusting and disturbing" all wrapped into one.

Now, whenever I come within 15 miles of one my whole body starts convulsing ...

Yup -

http://www.peopleofwalmart.com/

Check it right now, lol. XMAS spirit in full effect.

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 02:49 PM #115
    Anyone else jump in ZVTK? Might be a little late for this run, but it took off.

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 02:59 PM #116
    I thought it was good, as it was somewhat spng like.

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 04:38 PM #117
    Everyone shopping or something? it's quiet in here, lol.

Mentor
    12-23-2009, 05:06 PM #118
    Out of ZVTK - can buy some presents with proceeds!

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:18 AM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    You know, my issue about Christmas isn't with the "Jesus".

My issue is that folks shut down and can't seem get anything done from two weeks before Thanksgiving until two weeks after New Year's Day...and then, well, then we're ramping up for Easter...

And for what? It's usually because Johnny had to take the day off because he had to buy Christmas gifts...not because he had to get ready for Midnight Mass.

Oh, and don't even get me started on that wonderful employee that I *had* that spent 38 of the 40 scheduled hours shopping online or otherwise comparing recipes for holiday candy.

I'll end this little holiday story with our wonderful real estate broker that crushed our hopes of that beautiful 2nd home in Morgantown, WV. As it turns out, she was too busy Christmas shopping for her spoiled brats to worry about brushing up on the fact that WV requires an attorney to look over documents and handle the escrow. No no...she had more important things to do than handle our deals!

So, no, my issue isn't with Jesus Christ...

Which reminds me, the only true Rock Musical worthy of being considered - in my opinion - was and is Jesus Christ Superstar!
    Here you go, Rams...

"Jesus Christ Superstar"...the part of Jesus was played by Jeff Fhenholt...He was up on the cross on broadway loaded on acid (true story). I have met and talked to him several times over the years. I almost joined his ministry (oh ya, after "Masters of Reality" (Black Sabbath)) he got religion and traveled with the Trinity Broadcasting crew around the United States. He is a cool guy, though...even when he preaches.

I remember one night there in a sub of Portland, Oregon, he showed up without much announcement and the church was filled. Well, the preacher and his old lady spent so much time doing their "How holy we are crap" that Jeff got up and went to the 7-11 about a block and a half away and got a coke. He got back and when he got on stage said, "Well, I was going to do a lot of singing, but since it is so late, I can only do a song or two".

He did about 4 songs and then quit. He is a really groovy guy. I intended to be part of his gig, but didn't follow through.

Truthfully, though, the Rock Opera "J.C. Superstar" didn't do much for me. The only one that I ever dug was "Tommy"!

We are almost there! Christmas! I am all excited for my wife.....I got her some great presents...really cool stuff...not necessarily expensive, by any means, but ass-grabbing neat stuff! Hopefully, I will get at Playstation 3. Why a Playstation? I have no idea...last time I got an XBOX and it wasn't all that different from anything else....

Oh ya...for XMAS day...we are having "Turkey Sliders" and "Halibut Tacos" and pumpkin pie and cranberries...a lot of couch time (not to be confused with "cooch") and we have a couple of really neat games to play. It will be so much fun...I can't wait!

I hope that everything in your lives is going great for you, especially this time of year. Not to sound "whatever", but we are all so fortunate...to be alive and to be doing well enough to be friends in a stock thread! My God! Even if we are losing all of our money....we are blessed to be able to participate in here! Give thanks for that!

Night...listen for Santa..he is coming..just be glad that he can..

Bill
    Last edited by billhart22; 12-24-2009 at 01:36 AM.

Guru
    12-24-2009, 01:40 AM #120
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    "There's pollutants in the air!!!!" LOL
    http://www.zevo-tek.com/
    Hey Dave,

It isn't all cows that make methane gas....it is Santa's Reindeer also, but they deliver it world-wide. He will pay big for his carbon foot-print!

Page 12 of 24 ... 2101112131422 ...