Page 3 of 24 1234513 ...
    12-15-2009, 02:31 PM #21

That sucks!!!!

Hey Greg, sorry to hear about the break in....I hope they find the F#*!er's and you get your stuff back. That's always been a fear of mine, we just had a breakin here where the homeowners were in the home when they got robbed, the dude tore the place up downstairs and the homeowners jumped him when he entered the bedroom. I would have given them a beatdown before I even thought about calling the police. Well I'm glad your family is safe and hope you can recover from this. Let me know if I can do anything for you. Andy

Mentor
    12-15-2009, 10:04 PM #22
    Greg

That really sucks! Nothing feels worse than being violated! I will keep you and your family in our prayers! As for the Fukcin A-Hole who took your stuff...In Texas...we have cattle/brush guards on our trucks that work nicely when they step into the crosswalk...

Jeff

Guru
    12-16-2009, 03:14 AM #23
    [QUOTE=Ramsey;58265]Hey Greg -- sorry to hear that your family had this experience!

I also recommend the cameras. They're inexpensive enough that virtually everyone can self-equip.

FYI: there are reasons other than burglaries to have them.

For instance, my son and I have watched possums, cats, and skunks perusing our yard -- which is a lot of fun to view and discuss, especially since there are young questions such as "what happens when we sleep".

My answer: the skunks come out to play...so the stink keeps the boogie man away ;-) ha ha

What's more funny (or ironic) is that my wife teased the hell out of me for wanting the cameras, in the first place. My reasoning was simple - we typically would hire a house-sitter. So, I just wanted to go the cheaper route & get 24/7 "eyes".

Anyway, after returning from our summer vacation - we came home to find our parking passes had been removed from the car & several parking tickets on the windshield.

I reviewed the tapes - found that my wonderful neighbor thought it necessary to help himself to our passes. douche.

yeah, so the wife now loves telling the story & swears by the cameras.

Oh yeah, the monitor is downstairs in my office. It's nice to know who's at the door before I stop what I'm doing to go check. Yeah, that kid that's selling candy...he gets no love -- ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by GoHerdGreg View Post

I have 3 cameras recording to a DVR around my house, in addition to a wireless alarm system (door and motion sensors). All of these did their job while we were at work and the bad guy paid a visit.
    This may sound silly, but being a contractor, I always assume that I am on tape with every word that I speak and every action that I perform. I am the most extremely honest guy, but I watch my stuff....I don't make statements or do actions that could provocate anybody. Cameras are cheap.. I work in homes that are multi-million in the dollars. Sometimes people trust me and my worker so much...it is scary..however, we always presume a camera or recording device is on. We don't ever do anything wrong, but we always presume that we are being recorded.

I am currently working for a woman...I have never met the husband...They are the very best people that I have ever worked for in my life. We knock on the door in the morning and she is there with coffee to meet us. Sometimes we go downstairs and talk about what we are doing...(she is really really smart!). We love her and would do anything for her. We have never negotiated a payment plan or cost. She just pays us every two days in cash (which of course I declare)...not a complaint or a bad thing...she is loving and wonderful...I would love to work for her forever. She is the most giving and great person that I have ever worked for. That means so much more than just "good money" for me.

She is unreal............Her friendship is worth more to me than the project...she is such a woman...I am working with my friend that does tile and he is married...he is so turned on by her (everybody should be)...she isn't a goddess, but she is the real "woman" deal with submissiveness, love and charm. She is hard to describe...she is "so rare". She has the most lucky husband in the world.

Anyway............catch your breath!

Love you,

Bill

Mentor
    12-16-2009, 10:03 AM #24
    [QUOTE=billhart22;58272]
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Hey Greg -- sorry to hear that your family had this experience!

I also recommend the cameras. They're inexpensive enough that virtually everyone can self-equip.

FYI: there are reasons other than burglaries to have them.

For instance, my son and I have watched possums, cats, and skunks perusing our yard -- which is a lot of fun to view and discuss, especially since there are young questions such as "what happens when we sleep".

My answer: the skunks come out to play...so the stink keeps the boogie man away ;-) ha ha

What's more funny (or ironic) is that my wife teased the hell out of me for wanting the cameras, in the first place. My reasoning was simple - we typically would hire a house-sitter. So, I just wanted to go the cheaper route & get 24/7 "eyes".

Anyway, after returning from our summer vacation - we came home to find our parking passes had been removed from the car & several parking tickets on the windshield.

I reviewed the tapes - found that my wonderful neighbor thought it necessary to help himself to our passes. douche.

yeah, so the wife now loves telling the story & swears by the cameras.

Oh yeah, the monitor is downstairs in my office. It's nice to know who's at the door before I stop what I'm doing to go check. Yeah, that kid that's selling candy...he gets no love -- ha ha

This may sound silly, but being a contractor, I always assume that I am on tape with every word that I speak and every action that I perform. I am the most extremely honest guy, but I watch my stuff....I don't make statements or do actions that could provocate anybody. Cameras are cheap.. I work in homes that are multi-million in the dollars. Sometimes people trust me and my worker so much...it is scary..however, we always presume a camera or recording device is on. We don't ever do anything wrong, but we always presume that we are being recorded.

I am currently working for a woman...I have never met the husband...They are the very best people that I have ever worked for in my life. We knock on the door in the morning and she is there with coffee to meet us. Sometimes we go downstairs and talk about what we are doing...(she is really really smart!). We love her and would do anything for her. We have never negotiated a payment plan or cost. She just pays us every two days in cash (which of course I declare)...not a complaint or a bad thing...she is loving and wonderful...I would love to work for her forever. She is the most giving and great person that I have ever worked for. That means so much more than just "good money" for me.

She is unreal............Her friendship is worth more to me than the project...she is such a woman...I am working with my friend that does tile and he is married...he is so turned on by her (everybody should be)...she isn't a goddess, but she is the real "woman" deal with submissiveness, love and charm. She is hard to describe...she is "so rare". She has the most lucky husband in the world.

Anyway............catch your breath!

Love you,

Bill
    Good stuff Bill - Love that mindset ... character, trust, credibility, honesty ... integrity

Hate to diverge to stocks but ... Anybody following the Sponge saga? It's just incredibly bizarre, a new 8K out ... I can't even get into it all since it feels like watching the third movie in a trilogy wondering what the first two were all about - Tried selling off my mere pittance of 10K shares @ 0.049 yesterday - Order was in all day and I watched L2 constantly bypass me and fill orders above and equal all day long ... maybe mine came with a fish scent and they forgot to tell me?

http://ih.advfn.com/p.php?pid=nmona&...mbol=NO%5ESPNG

The day after the great funding of America's Aviation Company (Couldn't help it) - Sadly no PR to shut down the shrubbery whining

On the plus side, some good DD on the shrub for the "Q" - Somebody dug up the DNS ... here - http://www.who.is/whois/atlanticaviationinc.com/ - Note the IP location - Interesting as this is one of the areas they were going after ... Other good bit's on the lawyers ... Maybe today, maybe tomorrow ... Friday ... any day now

12-16-2009, 01:38 PM #25
    Quote Originally Posted by just sirius View Post
    Greg

That really sucks! Nothing feels worse than being violated! I will keep you and your family in our prayers! As for the Fukcin A-Hole who took your stuff...In Texas...we have cattle/brush guards on our trucks that work nicely when they step into the crosswalk...

Jeff
    Jeff--
    Funny you should mention that about the cattle guards.

The guy who broke in our house arrived on bicycle.

I told the detectives yesterday that if they hear a call on the radio of "BMW versus bicycle", then they will know that I found our man while driving around town.

They all laughed at that.

EDIT: I'm watching QASP on my new iPhone 3GS every hour, waiting for the explosion.

Enthusiast
    12-16-2009, 03:48 PM #26

Explosion or Implosion?

Jeff--

I told the detectives yesterday that if they hear a call on the radio of "BMW versus bicycle", then they will know that I found our man while driving around town.

EDIT: I'm watching QASP on my new iPhone 3GS every hour, waiting for the explosion.
    I'm with you Greg. Anxiously awaiting the infamous funding PR. How long before the shrubbers start feeding on themselves???

12-16-2009, 09:58 PM #27
    Hey folks...and Julie, Too

It's funny to hear Bill talk about this lady employer...

If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd wager that Bill is actually quite wealthy & that he's just doing a tile job for his Missus. How's that role play working for you, buddy?

On the camera front, though, I always make it a point to make a joke about how we weren't able to get all of the cameras *hidden* in the house but to not worry, none of them are directed in inappropriate areas

On the stock front -- I couldn't help myself with the spongee.

I had Chuck in my head -- & rolled a lot of my QASP funds into it, thinking "hey, I can be in and out and make a few benjamins in the process".

Well, I took a short term position @ .04. And now, I can't sell that god damned things for even .044 -- even though it runs to .05 several times per day!

It's really frustrating!

Mentor
    12-17-2009, 01:33 AM #28
    Greg - what model do you have. I'll check around and see if they make one to fit your beemer! Don't want to F-up a beuatiful driving machine.

Jeff--

Mentor
    12-17-2009, 01:38 AM #29
    Ramsey

i have tried to sell my spng for the last couple of weeks. started at .05...lowered it all the way down to .044 yesterday...was going to put in another sell order today and to my suprise...all of it sold...Funny thing is...sold my 100k in 3 lots...1 at .044, 1 @.045, and the last 1 @ .05...Shocked to say the least. Still not sure why 2 lots were over .044 but not complaining!

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsey View Post
    Hey folks...and Julie, Too

It's funny to hear Bill talk about this lady employer...

If I were a betting man (and I am), I'd wager that Bill is actually quite wealthy & that he's just doing a tile job for his Missus. How's that role play working for you, buddy?

On the camera front, though, I always make it a point to make a joke about how we weren't able to get all of the cameras *hidden* in the house but to not worry, none of them are directed in inappropriate areas

On the stock front -- I couldn't help myself with the spongee.

I had Chuck in my head -- & rolled a lot of my QASP funds into it, thinking "hey, I can be in and out and make a few benjamins in the process".

Well, I took a short term position @ .04. And now, I can't sell that god damned things for even .044 -- even though it runs to .05 several times per day!

It's really frustrating!

Mentor
    12-17-2009, 01:40 AM #30
    Damn Bill...

Coffee in the am...pays everyother day...never discussed price...Sounds like this job could take acouple of years! or I forgot about the "special" sandwiches for lunch.

Jeff

Page 3 of 24 1234513 ...