Page 1 of 24 12311 ...
    Guru
    12-14-2009, 12:44 AM #1

Market Watch week of 12/14 to 12/31 2009

Check last week's thread to catch up. I am sorry that we had to end the thread for last week. It was a much bigger week and a lot of fun and frustration...not to mention drama. Actually, there is tons of great information there to continue with and unanswered posts.

Anyway, here is the new thread for the week.

Anybody that is reading or lurking in this thread is welcome to post. We are a very peaceful investment team here and we all help each other in any way that we can.

If this is your first time here...then welcome!

From the crew that resides within these walls...have fun and help each other learn and hopefully succeed!

Disclaimer for this thread: Always do your own due diligence (research). None of we people in here are investment advisers or brokers, or anything that resembles a professional when it comes to dealing with stocks. If you have any questions about any stock or anything said in here, check it out with your broker. We are just a bunch of people trying to make some money, just like anyone else. What you do is your sole responsibility and not mine or that of anyone else that posts in here. This is simply a discussion group and nothing more. Stocks are very risky and you could lose all of your money. Seek professional advice before doing anything whatsoever. We are amateurs in here and are wrong most of the time. Do not take any chances with our advice to each other or our self-seeking and self-fulfilling comments.
    Last edited by billhart22; 12-21-2009 at 02:41 AM.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 01:42 AM #2
    regarding last weeks ganja subject...my opinion is , if you got it lets smoke it!!!

anyways, just stepped in from watching the GEMINIDS METEOR SHOWER... must i say i was outside my porch for aBOUt a half hour and seen some remarkable streakers. you guys in the west coast should check it out. wherever you are, its absolute peak is tonight around midnight. but this thing will be going on for days. i suggest if you are away from the big city and have a good view of the stars check it out. at midnight all you have to do is look straight up. they are originating from the gemini constellation towards the upper left of orion. enjoy.

Addict
    12-14-2009, 07:04 AM #3
    Good morning Pocket Pickers!

I just took a bit to scan thru last weeks posts. Bill had a birthday! Man, I've been gone too long. Happy Belated Bday Bill.

My current status, own 100K shares each of BEHL and QASP. That's it. Simple. Cheap. Easy.

BEHL is of course a long play. I have, as I have always had since buying this company, great confidence in this company and will continue to give them the time they need to do business. I'm very happy to see SL62 as a moderator over at iHub. For awhile I was worried that something had happened to him. He's a great asset over there. Sure miss his posts here tho.

QASP, man the hub just confuses a guy on this one. Will there be a PR, or wont there? If not, should I sell and buy lower expecting one or just loose confidence in company all together. OR should I hold as I did with BEHL and wait for later news. Let the company take the time they need to do their business. I'm so confused.
    I've basically resigned myself the attitude I take when bluffing at poker. I may win with this play, I may lose. But I accept either outcome and will continue to play the game to the best of my ability either way.

Work has been killing me lately. Just finished a month of nights (14 hour nights) and am looking forward to living during the day again. Seems I'll at least have Christmas off to spend with loved ones. Im excited about that.
    My grandma turns 90 on Jan 16th. Hope I can make back home to Iowa for that.

I hope you all have wonderful holidays with your loved ones and a very profitable new year.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-14-2009, 09:40 AM #4
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    regarding last weeks ganja subject...my opinion is , if you got it lets smoke it!!!

anyways, just stepped in from watching the GEMINIDS METEOR SHOWER... must i say i was outside my porch for aBOUt a half hour and seen some remarkable streakers. you guys in the west coast should check it out. wherever you are, its absolute peak is tonight around midnight. but this thing will be going on for days. i suggest if you are away from the big city and have a good view of the stars check it out. at midnight all you have to do is look straight up. they are originating from the gemini constellation towards the upper left of orion. enjoy.
    Yes, the meteors are wonderful. I was on my bike pedaling around 5 this morning eastern time. I spent more time looking at the sky then I did the road. Good thing there isn't much traffic at that time of day! The meteors were spectacular. Some were very bright and long. So, make sure you check it out if you get the chance.

They might even be more fun with the Ganja!

As for investing. QASP will rally this week and I'm hoping to exit my position at around .035, that's my plan for now.

Good luck and let's pick those pockets!

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 09:54 AM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Good morning Pocket Pickers!

I just took a bit to scan thru last weeks posts. Bill had a birthday! Man, I've been gone too long. Happy Belated Bday Bill.

My current status, own 100K shares each of BEHL and QASP. That's it. Simple. Cheap. Easy.

BEHL is of course a long play. I have, as I have always had since buying this company, great confidence in this company and will continue to give them the time they need to do business. I'm very happy to see SL62 as a moderator over at iHub. For awhile I was worried that something had happened to him. He's a great asset over there. Sure miss his posts here tho.

QASP, man the hub just confuses a guy on this one. Will there be a PR, or wont there? If not, should I sell and buy lower expecting one or just loose confidence in company all together. OR should I hold as I did with BEHL and wait for later news. Let the company take the time they need to do their business. I'm so confused.
    I've basically resigned myself the attitude I take when bluffing at poker. I may win with this play, I may lose. But I accept either outcome and will continue to play the game to the best of my ability either way.

Work has been killing me lately. Just finished a month of nights (14 hour nights) and am looking forward to living during the day again. Seems I'll at least have Christmas off to spend with loved ones. Im excited about that.
    My grandma turns 90 on Jan 16th. Hope I can make back home to Iowa for that.

I hope you all have wonderful holidays with your loved ones and a very profitable new year.
    Hey Shots, great to hear from you! In the same boat work load wise ... By far the busiest year I have ever had, might have to talky up the OT just to see how insane it all was ... On top of that and after a good couple of years of no movement, we have three apts. being vacated ... Spent all weekend working on one of them after popping into work early on Sat. ... I can relate!

The shrub and "Q" ... Indeed ... with the impending due date of the 15th approaching been meaning to say that it sure brought out a lot of ..... interesting people over there ... My assumption\take is they will put out something just to ease their own headache or potential migraine if they don't from the bombardment of calls-emails ...

What part of Iowa does your Grandma live? We have an office in Cedar Rapids, I love it out there ...

12-14-2009, 11:31 AM #6
    Good morning, gang.

Still sitting tight with BEHL and QASP. I may exit BEHL at .025 or so just to take some profit before the end of the year. Then, I will re-enter later on.

QASP...sure is the drama queen on The Shrub. Fun to watch. I will exit that one in short order when I *think* it has peaked after the PR everybody is waiting for. Then take up a longer-term position.

Shotsy--
    You know I am married to an Iowa girl, right? Let's just leave it there, as I do not want to discover you and her are related, etc. It all goes to hell in a handbasket after that. I sure do like the blonde women they grow there.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 03:49 PM #7
    dr dave, i just bought 1 contract of GCZ AQ @ 2.84. testing the waters on the gold market.
    Last edited by bassmaster; 12-14-2009 at 04:26 PM.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 04:53 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    dr dave, i just bought 1 contract of GCZ AQ @ 2.84. testing the waters on the gold market.
    Which contract is that? Gold appears to be getting a bounce today.

CBAI is parabolic today, it took out the next 2 fibs, hoping for a close above. Gonna shave some off.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 05:03 PM #9
    Ahh... barely in time. Took some CBAI off the table. Need some aftershave.

Looks good though - much stronger candle, better volume. Could have another good up day tomorrow. Maybe hit 0.0110 even, but always ok to sell a little into strength. Especially since I really upped the stakes on this one.

Mentor
    12-14-2009, 05:07 PM #10
    Nice start to week - all green but one tie, and one small red.

Page 1 of 24 12311 ...