Page 20 of 24 ... 101819202122 ...
    Mentor
    12-31-2009, 03:23 AM #191
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    LOL, just make sure you get a profit - I take it they are Jan exp?
    Still a way out, so decay won't be bad, but the volatility stuff can get to ya.

no, they are feb 12.50 calls....talk to me....should i have gone with jan calls for the short term play?...since they are feb calls , should i go for $15 target?

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 10:04 AM #192

Cbai

A couple of bits snatched from the shrub -

Here you go. This is from the 10-Q filed 11.13.09

9 month period Revenue reduced to $2,594,126 from $3,329,120

CBAI has experienced recurring net losses from operations, which losses have caused an accumulated deficit of approximately $30.9 million as of September 30, 2009. In addition, CBAI has a working capital deficit of approximately $5.3 million as of September 30, 2009.

The good thing is that the dilution has been for debt reduction, and the company has been very open about it.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=44986912
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I just called their investor relations and current O/S is 4,568,000,000 shares (approx), same as from their 10-k filed in November and A/S is almost 7 Billion.

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=44986802

Somewhere in the midst of all the enthusiasm is this quotable gem;

"This is not your typical pinkie"

Yeah ... that's a new one

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 10:16 AM #193
    Seriously, for the hub - I do look over there, at times, but practically the only things I go there for are:

1) see if someone has a link to news - ie. when a stock has gotten some volatility - a dive or a breakout, or unusual volume. I do not take the posters interpretation to the news, just look at their link.

2) see if there is any increase in posting - example ZVTK when I bought had just a couple of posts - then it moved to the most active list 2 days later- my mistake was not checking that until after my sell - if I would have saw that, I would feel better about holding another day.

I learned my lesson the hard way not to take any of those guys serious about anything... you just want to see links to pr or pasted pr that you can google yourself, or just the level of chatter going on. It amazes me to this day that some of the guys that were posting on the board where I made my grandest trading mistake are still posting on a worthless stock - they have a good guy and a bad guy - posting day in and out keeping shares traded so mm's can get their spreads. Don't ever listen to opinions over there, unless you know the poster has a real decent record, and you can likely tell that by clicking on their name- previous posts, then match what they say to a chart.
    That pretty well nails it - The good guy\bad guy buddy system is all too apparent once you start propositioning contrary opinion and see your posts removed all the while the token 'basher' is allowed to roam about endlessly ... Checked out of participation for the most part over there once I caught on to the shenanigans. Like anything else it's not all lopsided or that easy to pin down to a certain conspiracy, well on the other hand, everything is a conspiracy to some over there ...

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 10:59 AM #194

SEC Matters

Pulled this together over Christmas;

Hope eveyone had a great Christmas ...

Not even sure how I got on this rabbit trail the other day or how it seemingly alluded us (Maybe it was mentioned here and I missed it) ... I got quite an education reading through it;

SEC Charges Eight in Stock Manipulation Ring
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...board_id=15452

A few links in no particular order -

http://blogs.money.aol.ca/2009/05/21...-stock-scheme/

http://sec.gov/litigation/complaints/2009/comp21053.pdf

Admin Matt
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards....asp?user=2744

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=41652732

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=38058257

http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...ge_id=38049117

Unsure how this is related-
    15 years old ... !
    http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/33-7891.htm

Other-Misc.
    Dump the pump
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...NextStart=8223

FAKE
    http://investorshub.advfn.com/boards...board_id=10447

Appologize that these are not exactely correlated or summarized, they are just those that I saved for reference - In addition to them, marked the following posts;

10055-10058
    11534-39

I actually read through the first 2000 posts to try and get an idea what had transpired. The anatomy of a "Pump and Dump" would be a good title and it sheds a light on any number of separate boards and the goings on behind them - Not that they are so blatant as what transpired in this case, just all these little aspects that bob and weave through them ... Preaching to the choir certainly, just found it all very, very interesting.
    Last edited by Los Tiburones; 12-31-2009 at 03:30 PM. Reason: Redundant links

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 11:07 AM #195

Qedn

SOURCE: QED Connect, Inc.

Dec 31, 2009 09:15 ETQED Connect, Inc. and Southeastern Retail Services, Inc. to Complete Merger
    MANCHESTER, NH--(Marketwire - December 31, 2009) - QED Connect, Inc. ("QED Connect") (PINKSHEETS: QEDN), an innovative, software-as-a-service (SaaS) provider for the information security market, today announced that the merger with Southeastern Retail Services, Inc., d/b/a "ProRemote Solutions" ("ProRemote Solutions") is proceeding as planned with an expected close date of mid January 2010 subject to final approval by the respective Boards of Directors.

Tom Makmann, President of QED, said that all the principal terms for the merger have been agreed to and the due diligence has been concluded by both companies. The Companies are completing the remaining details for combining the operations and systems of the organizations.

Michael Gregorakos, President of ProRemote, reported that his Company had secured a break through "first" relationship with a leading sports bar in Marietta, Georgia which has agreed to install the Company's unique and proprietary system which permits, through a single device, to control simultaneously a multiple of media units such as Radio, TV and Music.

Mr. Makmann concluded by stating that QED has suspended operations pending the receipt of needed capital and the consummation of the merger.

View the product video: http://vidego.multicastmedia.com/player.php?p=o1d1ti4d

About QED Connect, Inc.

QED Connect, Inc. is an information security Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider that gives organizations visibility, management and control of activity on all their computers, laptops and wireless devices. The company's popular SaaS, Omni Manager, is an affordable way to monitor and manage how employees are using company computers and the Internet at any time, from any location in the world. This solves the problems created by today's 'virtual' work environment of branch offices, remote workers and traveling employees. Omni Manager is a web-hosted software application that includes e-mail and Internet filtering and blocking, antivirus, instant messaging management, asset tracking, application usage monitoring and policy management. ROI is delivered by employee productivity gains, cost savings and improved operational efficiencies. For more information, visit www.qedconnect.com.

About ProRemote Solutions, Inc.

ProRemote Solutions, www.proremotesolutions.com, is a manufacturer of innovative, home based technology solutions for the Home Theatre Industry. The company provides a value proposition of proprietary, single source remote control solutions integrating audio & video media servers along with remote monitoring, security and lighting systems in a single remote control unit. ProRemote also offers stand alone home theater products. ProRemote Solutions is headquartered in Marietta, GA.

Safe Harbor Statement

Certain statements in this press release that are not historical facts are "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Such statements may be identified by the use of words such as "anticipate," "believe," "expect," "future," "may," "will," "would," "should," "plan," "projected," "intend," and similar expressions. Such forward-looking statements involve known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results, performance or achievements of QED Connect, Inc., (the Company) to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements. The Company's future operating results are dependent upon many factors, including but not limited to the Company's ability to: (i) obtain sufficient capital or a strategic business arrangement to fund its expansion plans; (ii) build the management and human resources and infrastructure necessary to support the growth of its business; (iii) competitive factors and developments beyond the Company's control; and (iv) other risk factors.

For More Information Contact
    info@qedconnect.com
    Tom Makmann
    (603) 425-8933

http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...c-1096575.html

12-31-2009, 11:43 AM #196
    Still have a paltry 238,100 shares of QEDN sitting in my account.

I'm going to just let them ride, and watch, see what happens.

Might make enough to buy a new gun or something...

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 12:47 PM #197
    Quote Originally Posted by Los Tiburones View Post
    That pretty well nails it - The good guy\bad guy buddy system is all too apparent once you start propositioning contrary opinion and see your posts removed all the while the token 'basher' is allowed to roam about endlessly ... Checked out of participation for the most part over there once I caught on to the shenanigans. Like anything else it's not all lopsided or that easy to pin down to a certain conspiracy, well on the other hand, everything is a conspiracy to some over there ...
    Dude, I'm telling you, over on that particular board, they are still going strong... all the way from a top of about $3.50 down to a penny. Nonstop posts, and the one basher claims to not have shares, and has posted multiple times daily for years, lol. Why would anyone do that unless they were paid? The system is for him to say something bad, then the good guy refutes so the newbies continue to average down. For the mm's, they just need transactions, doesn't matter really if the price hovers at $1.00, $0.10, or $0.01, as far as I can tell. Anyway, that's why I said ever since I got on here to take those guys with a grain of salt - their job is to manipulate your emotions so you push buttons on your computer.

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 12:58 PM #198
    Slow day -

Bass - let's hope for a new year's pop on imax. Market is slow.

Keep NVLT on your radar? Passed $2 this morning the first resistance, then made a new high... still trucking, at $2.60 now.

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 01:07 PM #199
    Dude, I'm telling you, over on that particular board, they are still going strong... all the way from a top of about $3.50 down to a penny. Nonstop posts, and the one basher claims to not have shares, and has posted multiple times daily for years, lol. Why would anyone do that unless they were paid? The system is for him to say something bad, then the good guy refutes so the newbies continue to average down. For the mm's, they just need transactions, doesn't matter really if the price hovers at $1.00, $0.10, or $0.01, as far as I can tell. Anyway, that's why I said ever since I got on here to take those guys with a grain of salt - their job is to manipulate your emotions so you push buttons on your computer.
    Bingo! You got it ... The whole SEC thing is quite incredible interspersed with these, paid ... er, 'compensated' individuals. The language and format, catch phraseology ... Some of it is very complicated and clever actually, it has me back on my heels again with the great "Q", that "gem" that "Doesn't act like a typical pinkie" ... It can drive one mad trying to ascertain what is real ... especially when there is a mixture of factual info and all the above hyping and bashing, etc. etc. I would hate to even give the impression of heeding the vast majority of opinion over there, if any of it ... far from it ... I think it tends to just eek into the pores subconsciously when you are looking for news or links, articles etc. It is more than the Wild Wild West, there isn't a sheriff that would come anywhere near it.

Mentor
    12-31-2009, 01:19 PM #200
    How are you playing CBAI?

The debt. and the AS\OS ... Not sure I want to hold this very long - Scrap that, I mean beyond today ... First part of next week

Page 20 of 24 ... 101819202122 ...