01-27-2008, 04:46 AM #1

Sirius Sportster 4 car dock is loose

Hi all,
    I have the SUPV1 car kit for a Sportster 4 radio. I've only had it for about a month and now when the radio is mounted on the dock, it is so loose that the radio just falls face down. The part that is loose is the end of the suction cup mount where that little ball is. Please see the attached picture, I circled it. Anyway, does anyone know how I can tighten this or rig it so the radio wont fall face down? Any ideas would be great, thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Head Honcho
    01-27-2008, 04:47 PM #2

heathhuff

I do not have the Sportster hooked up in my car at this time, but I can tell you who is best equipped to answer your question. Drop an email to tss-radio.com. They are one of our sponsors, and they are very helpful.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Head Honcho
    01-27-2008, 07:06 PM #3
    I just grabbed my mount out of the closet (I did not need it for my install) and it seems as though there is a philips head screw that you can tighten. Remove the actual base mount that receiver sits in and you will see the screw
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-29-2008, 04:33 AM #4
    Hey Guys! Thanks for the prompt replies! I removed the base mount and lo and behold there it is! Now that I look back, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Also, I bookmarked tss-radio...great site! Thanks again guys!

Head Honcho
    01-29-2008, 12:59 PM #5
    Hey, hey, hey....what about bookmarking Siriusbuzz
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder