12-11-2009, 06:27 PM #1

Unhappy Come ON.....

On the topic of the fm transmitters in the latest Sirius receivers being weakened and/or removed ~ I am currently trying the first general fix suggested out there, the fm transmitter.

It is not the best nor the most convenient solution.

Still searching, I found this at Amazon~a Sirius Wired FM Relay Retail Package.

It appears to be primarily for auto but some reviews hint at being used at home as well.

I would love to find a clean, efficient fix so that I can set the others radios in my home (like I used to do in the early Sirius days) to 88.1 and hear the broadcast. That simple.

The new equipment has rendered those days gone and I find it hard to believe with out all the technical saavy and knowhow out there in this day and age ~ there isn't a better solution than the fm transmitter.

Nobody???

If anyone has tried this at home and can offer some feedback, I'd appreciate it. http://www.amazon.com/Sirius-Wired-R...pr_product_top

12-11-2009, 10:24 PM #2
    This forum seems to be nothing more than a chatter box for the Sirius/XM shareholders. In fact, there is not much help anywhere out there when it comes to satellite radio. What does that tell you?

12-12-2009, 09:54 AM #3

Too Bad

I guess you're right. I noticed how many people get herded to buy certain products as a fix ~ but while it does change the setup somewhat, it's just a shell game to move the problem elsewhere (more convenient here; now less convenient there). I was hoping this was a "people's site" where people have navigated what I am finding right now and have found creative solutions and are excited to share them. When I finally find the answer, I will certainly post that myself in an effort to help others. In the meantime, I'll look elsewhere for answers. Ironic. Thanks~Happy Holidays.

Head Honcho
    12-12-2009, 03:26 PM #4
    Or it could be that no one has an answer to the question. I read your post the other day and I just don't have anything to offer, maybe that is how other people felt as well (40+ people have seen the thread).

On top of that, we have a couple of guys from TSS that answer technical questions here on a weekly basis.

I would share something creative with you if I had it but, I bring sirius into my house via the internet so, I can't help you.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-12-2009, 05:22 PM #5
    SiriusBuzz, you seem to be one of the few who are active participants here that doesnt always comment about being a shareholder.

For myself, I would figure this place would have the answers. But, the volume or traffic isn't here. The forum layout is very good. So why is that? Is satellite radio almost dead? Judging from the comments and lack of in this forum, one may get that impression.

Head Honcho
    12-12-2009, 05:34 PM #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    SiriusBuzz, you seem to be one of the few who are active participants here that doesnt always comment about being a shareholder.
    I dont think the average listener is online looking for programming or news about the company. I dont know why that is, maybe because Sirius XM does not have a big online tech crowd presence (something I wish they would improve).

Quote Originally Posted by Noob View Post
    For myself, I would figure this place would have the answers. But, the volume or traffic isn't here. The forum layout is very good. So why is that? Is satellite radio almost dead? Judging from the comments and lack of in this forum, one may get that impression.
    The tone of the subscriber and shareholder sure has changed over the past year IMHO. Those who used to be strong defenders of the product are now starting to question their direction.

As far as, why the traffic isn't here goes... we are waiting for people like you to spread the word and bring the crowd!
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

12-12-2009, 08:24 PM #7
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    As far as, why the traffic isn't here goes... we are waiting for people like you to spread the word and bring the crowd!
    Hehe. I have no problem spreading the word. I must admit, it's difficult though. Just this afternoon, I was out and about using Sirius/XM. I had a next to impossible time trying to find an FM station that my receiver could connect to. I finally gave up. I hooked up my headphones and used them instead. I was running into satellite reception issues despite having an open view of the sky. The SQ was horrible through the headphones and my headphones has really good sound when listening to MP3. The audio was very tinny and mediocre on most Sirius/XM channels. I was planning to buy a Sirius boombox but now, I am reconsidering. Why bother investing into equipment when it's not going to do anything to improve the sound? And 8 D cells to power that monster? Can they not make a more portable version?

Any way, I digress. The quality of the product really must improve. In this day and age, there is no excuse to have such poor sound quality. The sound quality, at the very least should sound as good as the worst sounding FM station out there.I dont expect Digital Radio or CD quality but that would certainly be nice. Maybe this is why the tone of the shareholders has changed, coupled with the bad attitude of Sirus customer service and management?

12-14-2009, 11:19 AM #8

Sirius Mechanics?

Well, now that we've come full circle to understand that this is not a "mechanics" Sirius source of information but rather a 'conversational' source ~ does anyone know of a hands-on, roll your sleeves up, resolve the hardware issues site?