Head Honcho
    01-30-2008, 01:42 PM #1

Howard mentions pinworms winds up on Google Trends

All Howard Stern has to do is mention his childhood bout with pinworms and the next thing you know Google trends is reporting "pinworms" as the #50 hot trend.

http://www.google.com/trends/hottren...date=2008-1-30

Anyone who thinks Howard Stern has become irrelevant since his move to satellite radio is out of their minds. Forget the real newsworthy stuff he talks about or guests he has on the show which wind up in the top 10 trends, even the most minute thing he mentions stirs up the entire net.

I couldn't think of a better way to spend $100 million a year.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

01-30-2008, 04:22 PM #2
    It looks like pinworms is no longer on the list but currently in the top 20 is Dana Sironi. She wasn't on the show today but they did spend a good time talking about the possibility that her and Artie were trying to work things out. Its incredible how a talk show on pay radio can influence the Google hot trends.

Daniel

01-30-2008, 04:28 PM #3
    You can check out Trends on any given day right after the early show and you will see 5-10 things Howard talked about and I don't mean news that everyone could be talking about, I mean things that were specific to his show. His influence is insane. The only other person that I have ever seen make that happen on Google is Oprah.

01-31-2008, 10:45 AM #4
    Howard Sterns talks and everybody listens...even about pinworms? That's funny. I'm not a Howard Stern listener but it appears that a lot of people are. But what are they tuning in to listen to? Pinworms? I doubt it. The shock factor, the raunchy topics and the dancing girls. Although I find it interesting that this "talk" is so fascinating to some that they go on the internet to further discuss the issue. Well, I guess I'm getting too old for this kind of discussion. I would like to see an alternative to Howard in the mornings. Something intelligent and something I can play in my car with my children listening. Leave the shock stuff for late night where it belongs.

JMO

01-31-2008, 12:31 PM #5
    Howard is a shock jock but it should be known that he is one of the best interviewers of all time. His show isn't all naked girls fart jokes, when interviews celebrities it is amazing how much is able to pry from them.

02-01-2008, 01:28 AM #6
    Although I don't listen to Howard's show, I did on occasion catch him on his ETV show. The reason he gets so much out of his interview-ees is because they know before hand that he will ask the BIG questions. If they didn't want to answer them they wouldn't appear on his show. Howard has a fantastic following and Sirius has given him the needed "tools" of the trade (no censure). However, there are many journalists who are excellent interviewers they just choose to do their interviews with class and for an entirely different audience.

JMO

02-01-2008, 03:39 PM #7
    So you say you don't listen to Howard but you know how he works during his interviews? I love it. Everyone has an opinion even if they don't listen enough to make an educated comment.