Thread: Jeep Wrangler 2004

Jeep Wrangler 2004

I have installed an Alpine head unit and now I'm ready to install the Alpine KCA-SC100 and SCC1BL SiriusConnect Tuner. I have not been able to find any examples of what others have done with the same vehicle.

Any suggestions?

Head Honcho
    As far as placement of the tuner goes? I own a 2003 wrangler and you don't have many choices when it comes to free space. The only place you have is the trunk area. I would mount it off to the left side of the trunk if it fits. I dont think it will even fit under the back seats, they are too close to the floor pan as far as I know. Maybe up under the glove box or on the firewall by the passengers seat? Hope the ideas help.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

Thanks Charles. II'll check out those locations and see what works best with power leads and connection wire length.

In looking at this and other forums, I have seen some folks mount the provided antenna on top of the roll bar and that it works fine with the hard top on. Any experience with that? I was also thinking of getting the Sirius Truck/RV external antenna, but I'm thinking it may be too large and easily stolen.

Head Honcho
    I don't have a hardtop but that is exactly where I mounted mine
    http://siriusbuzz.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

I have a hard top on my 05 wrangler. I have the antenna mounted on the rollbar under the padding. Having the hard top on does not affect the signal at all. Works great.