12-08-2009, 06:08 PM #1

Stiletto 2 and My Sirius Studio Problem

Now this is driving me crazy. I went into all my songs using Windows Explorer and added Artist names to all my songs so when I transfere them to my SL2 I can look them up by artist.

In Windows Explorer in my Music Directory on my hard drive all songs show Artist Name

In My Sirius Studio in My PC all songs show Artist Name

In My Sirius Studio in Stiletto 2 - Expansion Card after transfer before restarting MSS all songs show Artist Name

NOW THE PROBLEM

In My Sirius Studio in Stiletto 2 - Expansion Card after transfer AFTER restarting MSS some songs do not show Artist Name but some do

In Windows Explorer after transfer in in Stiletto 2 Expansion Card some songs do not show artist and some do.

BUT in the ones that do NOT have artist in the artist field in MSS they have artist as the first word in the name of the song. BUT ofcourse then they dont show up when I search under ARTIST

SO for some reason ARTIST is not transferring in all songs. It is in most but not all.

Any idea whats wrong ?

Thanks,
    J
    Last edited by jcramin; 12-08-2009 at 06:12 PM.

12-09-2009, 10:22 AM #2
    OK well after playing around more on it I have found something else out.

When I move songs to the SL2 internal memory it copies all the data including artist and album

When I move songs to the SL2 expansion card which is a 8gb card, some songs will copy with artist and album but some wont.

It seems to be repeatable. It is always the same songs that wont copy all the info.

J

12-09-2009, 02:05 PM #3
    You may have different versions of the ID3 tags on your music files. ID3 tags are what store the information about the song such as artist, and there are many versions of ID3 out there. You might also have corrupted files which may still play.

I'd say if you own all the CDs, re-ripping your music with a fully-updated application would be your best bet. I don't know if Sirius' software rips CDs, but iTunes or Winamp would be good choices for this.

If you don't own the CDs, you could probably find an app that will update all your ID3 tags to the latest version for you, possibly fixing them in the process.

12-09-2009, 04:18 PM #4
    WOW I sure hope its that easy. I just downloaded a program to fix the ID3 and I ran it now im copying my songs back on my SL2 to see if that worked.

Thanks for all t he great info and help

J

12-09-2009, 04:20 PM #5
    If I copy a song to my SL2 expansion memory that is already there, will it have 2 copies or will it over write the one that is there with the new one ?

J

12-10-2009, 11:48 PM #6
    AWESOME It work thanks so much.

J

04-04-2011, 10:20 PM #7
    I'm having the same problem. What ID3 editor are you using? Thanks.