01-13-2008, 08:01 PM #1

Give The Subscribers What They Want

Hello again and thank you for the quick replies and warm welcome:

I don't mean to be a pest, but I would like to take some information back to the 110ers.com website so that we know who to contact, and how to contact them. At this point many there believe that the contacts we have made to Sirius customer care regarding our displeasure about losing Channel 110 are merely ignored. Rome was not built in one day. Business is business. Money is money. According to what little I have found out, Sirius and XM's peak listener time is the morning drive time, the time when the former Court TV channel 110 broadcasted "The Morning Show" a/k/a "The Vinnie Show". After that time slot, Court TV carried audio of live trial coverage and would loop the programming all day so that if you missed it at one time, you could tune in at a later time and catch up. this was ingenious and many of us didn't appreciate it until it was gone. There is a huge market for trial coverage, legal issues and a good Morning Show to start the day. If Court TV decided not to broadcast over Sirius then there was noting Sirius could do. However are there any plans for replicating the "Court TV" format on a different channel? Having the Court TV channel pulled out from under you was not a good PR move for Sirius. At least in my neighborhood. As I wrote earlier, I hope some of you look into Vinnie Politan and into the live trial coverage programming. Not everyone can watch TV during the day and not everyone can access a a computer for private viewing at the workplace. That's why the Court TV channel was so popular. If the merger goes through is there a "better chance" that these 2 giants will consider bringing live trial coverage back to radio? You are some of the stockholders. Did you even have a chance to hear Channel 110? Along with Vinnie's morning show and the daytime anchors at Court TV, Sirius had a winning combination. Does Sirius really need Court TV to put that together?

Thank you!

Head Honcho
    01-13-2008, 10:36 PM #2

minnesota

There are many ways to get your desires expressed, but the most effective would be working "outside the box"

In my opinion, nicely worded concerns that show respect, are grammatically correct, and do not have spelling errors will garner the most attention. o not go into attack mode. Build a dialogue and a relationship with the people, yet be persistent. Offer reasons that you find the content compelling, and note that you have not found a equitable substitute for the show since it was taken off of the air.

1. Customer Service is a valid place to lodge a concern, but in reality may not get you very far. Their purpose is not with programming, and they do not know much about it, and in many ways will not know where to bring your concerns for consideration.

2. Scott Greenstein is President of Sports and Entertainment at Sirius. His e-mail is sgreenstein@siriusradio.com. All of your correspondence should copy Mr. Greenstein.

3. Bob Law is in charge of retail. While this may seem like an odd contact, his concerns rest with selling radios. If consumers who buy radios feel something is missing, he will pay attention. blaw@siriusradio.com

4. Suggest that Vinne find a way to be a guest on another show such as Jay Thomas. This gives exposure to Vinnie, as well as the issue.

5. Patrick Reilly is Senior VP of Communications. He deals with talent, etc. on a daily basis. preilly@siriusradio.com

Please make sure not to slam these guys. Again, respectful and well thought out letters will make the road far easier to navigate.

I hope this helps
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

01-14-2008, 12:31 AM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by TSavery View Post
    There are many ways to get your desires expressed, but the most effective would be working "outside the box"

In my opinion, nicely worded concerns that show respect, are grammatically correct, and do not have spelling errors will garner the most attention. o not go into attack mode. Build a dialogue and a relationship with the people, yet be persistent. Offer reasons that you find the content compelling, and note that you have not found a equitable substitute for the show since it was taken off of the air.

1. Customer Service is a valid place to lodge a concern, but in reality may not get you very far. Their purpose is not with programming, and they do not know much about it, and in many ways will not know where to bring your concerns for consideration.

2. Scott Greenstein is President of Sports and Entertainment at Sirius. His e-mail is sgreenstein@siriusradio.com. All of your correspondence should copy Mr. Greenstein.

3. Bob Law is in charge of retail. While this may seem like an odd contact, his concerns rest with selling radios. If consumers who buy radios feel something is missing, he will pay attention. blaw@siriusradio.com

4. Suggest that Vinne find a way to be a guest on another show such as Jay Thomas. This gives exposure to Vinnie, as well as the issue.

5. Patrick Reilly is Senior VP of Communications. He deals with talent, etc. on a daily basis. preilly@siriusradio.com

Please make sure not to slam these guys. Again, respectful and well thought out letters will make the road far easier to navigate.

I hope this helps
    Hello Mr. Savery:

I appreciate your very informative response. However, I am just a housewife and a Sirius subscriber. If I were in a position of power, I may stand a chance of getting through to the above persons. Am I going away defeated? No, not at all. With the internet I was able to reach out to more people in one post then I could have writing letters to the all the execs. at Sirius and XM. Sirius and XM know they need to listen to their customers and provide the entertainment they are seeking. There is no other reason for Sirius or XMs existence.

Most sincerely,
    Last edited by minnesota; 01-14-2008 at 12:36 AM.

Head Honcho
    01-14-2008, 10:04 AM #4

minnesota

All of the above executives will get their emails, and no you are not defeated. You do not need to be a person of power to get attention. I have emailed executives of companies that I do not write about from my personal e-mail account and have built a solid base to warrant them taking my call later on.

In your e-mail, point them to your site, it helps demonstrate how strongly you and others feel. The first steps you have already taken will see to it that you get a response.

Stay tuned here to Sirius Buzz as we will be covering the issue.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

01-14-2008, 11:54 AM #5

Thanks Mr. Savey

Good Morning Mr. Savey:

You have encouraged me to continue my efforts to resurrect "The Morning Show" (The Vinnie Show) on Sirius. I will write to each and every one of your sources as a representative of all the loyal Channel 110 listeners at 110ers.com.

I cannot thank you enough. You have been a great inspiration! I will post to you and your members of my progress as it unfolds.

With my sincerest thanks,

01-15-2008, 12:54 PM #6

Post We Do Have A Voice!

Good Day All:

I wanted to share with all of you a post that 110ers.com message board has posted for all it's members this morning. It is an encouraging post, thanks to help from you!

If any here are interested in the progress we are making, please visit the website http://11oers.com. I can also email you with our newsletter to be sent out this week. Please PM me with your email address and I will be sure you receive one!

Again, thanks to everyone here for inspiring our efforts and assisting us to "get the message out!"

Most sincerely,

Mary Swanson
    110ers.com

Hello 110ers!

Many of you have expressed your disappointment over the cancellation of "The Vinnie Show". Sirius has acknowledged receiving your phone calls and emails voicing your opinion! This is an update on your efforts and a plea for your continued efforts!

What we know:

Court TV, not Sirius, canceled "The Morning Show" and the live trial coverage programming on Channel 110.

Vinnie and his crew would love to come back to Sirius and do "The Morning Show".

Our efforts are duly noted at Sirius!

We need to continue those efforts and keep the pressure on Sirius!

Keeping in mind that Sirius did not want to loose Channel 110:

1. We need to demand that Sirius get Vinnie back on the air!

2. We also need to let them know how much the trial coverage meant to us!

3. We need to let them know WHY we loved "The Vinnie Show" and the trial coverage!

If we can continue to do this, we stand a good chance of getting Vinnie back on the airwaves and getting the trial coverage programming we want for the subscription dollars we spend!

110ers.com is pursuing all avenues in bringing your message to Sirius' attention, but we will still need the 110ers to continue doing their part in calling and emailing Sirius! Your efforts are working!

If you haven't called or written and you loved "The Vinnie Show", it's imperative that each of us take the time to call and write those emails!

Look for a newsletter this week in your mailbox with progress reports. We are happy with the progress we are making but now, more than ever, we need to keep the pressure on! For those of you who are leaning towards canceling your Sirius subscription, please give this a chance to work!

We want to take this opportunity to thank all the 110ers for showing their unity and patience. We also understand from your posts and PMs that some of you are frustrated and angry.

Rome was not built in one day! Take heart that your voices are being heard and that with continued efforts we will get Vinnie and our trial coverage back. Now is not the time to walk away defeated because we are not defeated! Now is the time to fight!

Watch for our newsletter this week with details!

110ers.com is on the job and working hard to make this happen! Fear not! For with these efforts Vinnie (The Great One) Politan will be back!
    Last edited by minnesota; 01-15-2008 at 12:59 PM.

01-22-2008, 09:48 PM #7
    Hello:

110ers.com continues to email and call Sirius to bring back live trial coverage and Vinnie Politan. I did write a letter today I wanted to post in here with the hopes that maybe someone who enjoyed the programming as much as the ten of thousands of us who did will come in and post.

110ers have a theory. A lot of us are watching the Jensen trial coverage on Time Warner’s CNN. We are watching the Jensen trial on our PCs or our laptop, not on TRUTV. Why? Because that way we don't have to put up with commercials and commentary. A full screen with no commercials flashing or banners scrolling!

Since we have the luxury of an internet connection to watch this trial, we can choose to watch it on the internet. Now, correct me if I am wrong, but isn't TRUTV defeating its purpose for trial coverage on television when they live stream commercial free over the internet? (Both are owned by Time Warner, correct?). Is that what Time Warner intends to do with live trial coverage in the future? Live stream it over the internet? Interesting thought. If Time Warner is going to "give it away" then why not stream the audio of the trials covered on CNN online to a Sirius Channel and give us the live audio coverage back? Those of us who do not have internet during the day, or at all, could then listen to the coverage on Sirius as we had in the past. Time Warner could use the daytime television slots for other "actuality" television and “trial junkies” (a/k/a 110ers.com) could watch their trials without interruption over the internet. And, best of all Sirius subscribers could once again be "blessed" with audio coverage and Vinnie Politan!

Now, that works for us!