Page 4 of 4 ... 234
    Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    12-11-2009, 02:26 PM #31
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    Hopeful I'm not!

I don't know what to make of it. I think we see 50's. Simply put, there is no interest whatsoever in SIRI. My 7th grade shop teacher used to drone on, "alllllll goooood thingggs taaaakkkkeee tiiimmmmmeeee." I'm hoping it is applicable to SIRI.
    I believe it is applicable and it is just a time thing! I just wish I could stop looking for a few months, save myself the pain!

Mentor
    12-11-2009, 04:40 PM #32
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeful View Post
    I believe it is applicable and it is just a time thing! I just wish I could stop looking for a few months, save myself the pain!
    hang-in Hopeful . . it's why we are all here . . . misery loves company . . . we will see this through to the other side . . . but for now, lets kick some KOAT butt!

Mentor
    12-11-2009, 04:50 PM #33
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    SRK, please expand on that thought about Liberty and January 1st. That is something that hasn't crossed my radar.

And actually.....I just like watching Julie cheer.
    Basically Chuck, in accordance with the Investment Agreement & Shareholder Rights Plan, Liberty Media is barred from entering into any hedging transactions until January 1, 2010 . . . commencing on January 1, 2010 Liberty Media is permitted to short the common against their preferred shares.

As I understand it, and someone please correct me if I'm wrong, the premise is the same as with the convertible bonds wherein the holder of the bonds shorts the common to lock-in their return.

In this case, the holder of the "Preferreds" shorts the common to lock in THEIR returns . . .

As to the impact to share price going forward . . too many variables at play to predict with any degree of certainty . . it is, however, a wildcard that should be considered in any investment decision regarding this equity.

Put yourself in the shoes of Liberty Media for a moment and ask what is best for you . . . and remember, you can make a "cash tender offer for all shares not beneficially owned by you after February 2011" . . .

Page 4 of 4 ... 234