12-02-2009, 02:44 PM #1

Stiletto 2 Cant Play File is Empty

I have a SL2 I record Howard Stern replay over night to listen to the next day. I have been doing this for a few weeks now. The last 2 days I went to listen to my recording from over night and when I start it I get the error "cant play file is empty"

BUT if I hit the fast forward button while the message is up it will fast forward a little bit and start playing.

Anyone else have this problem ?

J

Enthusiast
    12-02-2009, 03:58 PM #2
    I have seen this problem before. It's a corrupt memory issue. What you need to do is manual delete a bunch of recordings and then turn the unit off (not sleep) then turn the unit back on. Do this every time you delete a recording. If you have them set up to automatically delete, then turn that function off and delete them manually. Then turn off the unit and turn it back on. This will re-format the memory and make the unit work right again.

12-02-2009, 05:03 PM #3
    Thank you very much I will do that.

J

Enthusiast
    12-02-2009, 05:09 PM #4
    If it does not solve your problem then the memory may be more corrupt than I think it is and we may need to perform a device recovery on it. Go ahead and do the first option I told you about and we will go from there.

12-03-2009, 11:09 AM #5
    Thank you so much for the help. I turned off auto delete and I manually deleted and I let it record last night and it worked fine today.

Thanks for the help,
    J

Enthusiast
    12-03-2009, 01:57 PM #6
    No problem. I'm glad it worked for you.