01-17-2008, 07:04 AM #1

Arrow Channel Reviews

Do you have a favorite channel on Sirius?

I lost my ultimate favorite (Court TV) but I still have my NASCAR! I started liking Nascar when I was in my 20's and have been a fan ever since. This season should be interesting with all the driver changes and the new body style!

Sirius has excellent programming and talk commentary for NASCAR! I love to listen in on the driver's communications to their spotters and pit crew and Sirius offers 8 drivers per race!

If you like NASCAR and haven't tried watching it with your Sirius, you're missing a great combination!

Try putting Sirius on your surround system, turn off the TV volume and "Let's Go Racing"!
    Last edited by minnesota; 01-17-2008 at 07:08 AM.

Mentor
    01-17-2008, 11:34 AM #2
    As I have said before, I dont have Sirius, I have XM. Regardless, my favorite channel is XM 150, uncensored comedy. (I think Sirius has a similar channel, either Raw Dog or Blue Collar Comedy). No matter how pissy of a mood I am in, I turn that stuff on and laugh my butt off. Its hard to stay pissed off while you are laughing.
    I think all of the psych wards should have comedy piped in. Get some of those depressed people laughing and maybe they will be able to do something with their lives!

01-17-2008, 05:03 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    As I have said before, I dont have Sirius, I have XM. Regardless, my favorite channel is XM 150, uncensored comedy. (I think Sirius has a similar channel, either Raw Dog or Blue Collar Comedy). No matter how pissy of a mood I am in, I turn that stuff on and laugh my butt off. Its hard to stay pissed off while you are laughing.
    I think all of the psych wards should have comedy piped in. Get some of those depressed people laughing and maybe they will be able to do something with their lives!
    Hey Newman!

LOL I like the way you think! And it's true, you gotta take time to smile and laugh everyday! Good point on the psych wards too. I've never listened to Raw Dog or Blue Collar on Sirius. Maybe I'm too Sirius! LOL I like to tell jokes myself, I was always a ham as a kid. Perhaps I missed my calling. I'll give those 2 channels a shot! Is the comedy channel you listen to on XM hosted by jocks or is it all taped?

Thanks for making me smile today!

I'm not a Sirius or XM stockholder just in case you're new here! LOL

Mentor
    01-17-2008, 09:37 PM #4
    They are semi-hosted, and unfortunately have commercials.

For the most part, the "jocks" stay off the air. They come on every once in a while to tell you what is coming up, introduce the upcoming bit, and tell you about specials that are coming up.

I had mentioned earlier that I wish there was a way they could do "premium channels" where for a little extra fee per channel per month, they would be able to replace the commercials with actual content so that your favorite channels can be completely commercial free. Perhaps this is an option once they go ala cart, and I know SIRI has already patented such technology.

01-17-2008, 11:55 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Newman View Post
    They are semi-hosted, and unfortunately have commercials.

For the most part, the "jocks" stay off the air. They come on every once in a while to tell you what is coming up, introduce the upcoming bit, and tell you about specials that are coming up.

I had mentioned earlier that I wish there was a way they could do "premium channels" where for a little extra fee per channel per month, they would be able to replace the commercials with actual content so that your favorite channels can be completely commercial free. Perhaps this is an option once they go ala cart, and I know SIRI has already patented such technology.
    Hello Newman:

I wish i knew why Sirius lost Court TV Channel 110. I would certainly pay extra to have the live trial coverage. The fact that Court TV changed its name to TRUTV and changed its format for prime time has not effected their daytime coverage of trials on TV. Not all of us can watch daytime tv and I relied on Channel 110 to keep me up to date on legal issues. They would loop the days coverage throughout the evening until the "Court TV Morning Show" the following day. The other thing that was strange is that there was no warning. Vinnie Politan, the morning show host, announced on Dec. 21 the show was canceled and that was that! The end of the channel occured that same day! No more Channel 110! What a shock! You're a stock holder, who can give me the answer? I've written to all the people Tyler Savery advised me to write to and no response. I know I'm probably beating a dead horse, but you have no idea what an incredible fan base this programming had! I don't think Sirius thought the show had no following. I don't know about the numbers game either. Is there any way I can find that out?

Maybe, just maybe, when the merger happens all this will be crystal clear. Court TV will go ala carte!

Head Honcho
    01-20-2008, 10:34 AM #6

Minnesota

Sometimes with the switch of a format, contracts, etc. are not in the equation. The switch of format puts a new negotiation into play. Even though the channel was pretty cool, the only show I ever really listened to on Court TV Radio was Vinnies.

Early on, when satellite radio was cutting such deals, they probably got pretty good deals on this content. Now that the medium is better established, these types of deals may be seeking more money.

The Discovery channel went by the wayside as well.

The other wrinkle that may have an impact is the television writters strike. Money for DVD sales, internet viewing, downloads etc. is all on the table. I would imagine that writters also want a part of the satellite radio pie.
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Joined: Nov 2007 Location: J'habite a Vegas mes amis!! Posts: 14
    01-20-2008, 01:37 PM #7
    MY favorite channels are First Wave, The Pulse, Howard 100 & 101, the NBA & NFL radio. I also like listening to Fox News, ESPN, and the big 80's. I can not listen to XM after owning Sirius. I have heard XM and it is not even close to what Sirius has to offer. They have a few good channels, but the genres and music variety is not close to what the "Big Dog": offers subscribers. I guess if you have had XM for a while, you can not tell the difference. I have met a lot of people who have converted to Sirius from XM , but I have not met one peron to go from Sirius to XM. I do have to say that ML baseball would be a nice option on Sirius. Au revoir mes amis.....

01-21-2008, 03:56 AM #8
    Well, Francis, I have no intention of leaving Sirius. I enjoy all of the programming. I am a big NASCAR fan, (and no, I am not from the south. I just like fast cars.) Sirius has a great Nascar experience. I listen to Sirius and watch my HD, there's nothing finer!

It just seems a shame that laws were passed to allow cameras AND microphones in the courtrooms, all but a few states have complied, and it appears that for some reason Court TV decided to entertain rather than educate. I think the founder had other intentions, something called journalism in mind, when he launched Court TV. But I digress. I loved the live trial coverage Sirius provided on Court TV Channel 110. And I know thousands and thousands of subscribers like myself took great offense to the abrupt halting of programming. Sirius has nothing to fill the void of the great Court TV format. Re-directing us when tuning to 110 is not filling the bill. Our website will continue its efforts to return Vinnie Politan and his production staff to the Sirius air waves and resume live trial coverage by whatever means Sirius has at its disposal.

Joined: Nov 2007 Location: J'habite a Vegas mes amis!! Posts: 14
    01-21-2008, 06:35 PM #9

Court Tv

I do not listen to Court TV, but my parents loved it. I know that NASCAR is incredible, and I am happy you like it on Sirius. Hopefully, Sirius will get Court TV back in the near future. I am a Bubba, Howard, and First Wave kind of dude. I love the play by play on the NFL and NBA too. Raw Dog is a good one too when I need to laugh........

You take care and thanks

Au revoir mon ami