Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...
    Mentor
    12-02-2009, 10:29 PM #61
    regarding the fibs -

The only one that seems to matter - you can see the prices hitting it, is the 0.030 price. It's likely coincidence as it matches a multiple of 5, but think of it this way, if TA traders are looking at Fibs, they may pull the trigger. Already, you can see that the multiples of 5 are psychological points for traders of this stock.... which I will show in the next chart

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 10:33 PM #62
    See how the multiples of 5 - i drew in the ones that had the most hits - are important? use those as a guide for the march up.

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 10:41 PM #63
    This may be a little more clear -

I drew blue lines between each section that had an open, close, high, low on these lines.... I had to draw the top 2 a little longer, as the program doesn't like short lines.

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 10:47 PM #64
    MACD wise, I don't see anything special. My take on these things is to find the indicator or types of support or resistance that worked in the past and use those. They will be different for each stock. Example - you can see the fibs don't work for shit with this stock, but the multiples of 5 do. Some stocks will bounce off the 50 sma, others will do so on the 20 sma, and won't have anything to do with the 50 sma or if it does get to that level, it's already been a loser for a while.

Here, the Wm%R isn't too bad for a sell signal when it hits the blue line I drew.

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 10:54 PM #65
    So here's the lines to watch...

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 11:08 PM #66
    hopefully, you'll get this... light blue line

but of course, it will move like the darker line, and you need the guts to stay in if it pops along 0.010 along the way.

I find this stock frustrating, so I'm not worried about me dropping it.

Basically it just bounces from multiple of 0.005 to the next, and it looks like it's downtrend is fizzling out, ie... the curve I drew... but it could flatten out... I don't have the patience.

Let's hope you get a run.

I like the volume and candle today though, but have more faith in CBAI, so I bought that instead. We'll see how it plays out.

Right now for QASP, I don't see any decent patterns to play off of, other than a good candle.

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 11:11 PM #67
    geez, that took me about an hour and a half - and in the end, all you got was wishy-washy, other than the reversals being a good place to get out EOD if you get a run. Since traffic should now be gone, I'll head home.

Need to decide if it's still worth it to jump in another stem cell stock... likely all will be opening high and there could be gap and traps.

Mentor
    12-02-2009, 11:15 PM #68
    just remember, for about any stock if you are holding on... is... as long as there are higher highs and higher lows, you're doing ok. Also, don't fret on not getting in at the absolute bottom, or absolute top. That happens rarely, and predicting it comes few and far inbetween - for TA to do that you need a really clear set up, where the target of the pattern matches multiple support and resistance and there is blow off momentum - that's the only time I've hit peaks for sells. The only bottoms I've gotten in really good is from hits on ultra long trendlines where there was tell tale volume and candles to match.

If you're sweating it, just make sure you get out with a profit, big or small, learn from it, and move on.

12-02-2009, 11:55 PM #69
    Thanks Dave, I just got back from work and will spend some time tonight studying your posts and charts and will come up with a game plan on how I want to play this. I really appreciate your take on this one as I know a few of us still hold it.

I'm holding cbai as well, starting watching it when you spoke about it awhile back...it was trading a hair under a penny then. I got in at about .0052 so think I could double my $$$ on this one easy.

Thanks again, Andy

Mentor
    12-03-2009, 12:43 AM #70
    Yeah, I hope CBAI plays out - I started a partial position in what appeared to be a pennant, but sold out when it dropped down from the pattern. I got in again today lower than where I sold, so that was a good thing. If this thing reverses, and clears the point of the pennant, it'll be a good move. I should chart it up, lol. Not playing off of a pattern for it, as I just liked the news, and it appeared to have consolidated.

Page 7 of 24 ... 5678917 ...