Page 11 of 24 ... 91011121321 ...
    Addict
    12-07-2009, 05:36 AM #101

Qasp

Hello Team!
    I've been away for awhile, I know. Sure have missed chatting with you all.
    Medicine residency kinda sucks right now. I've been doing nights in the medical ICU for the past month, which means I have to sleep during the day and miss all the market action. I catch some of the important stuff tho. And by that I mean the events happening to my only two holdings right now...BEHL and QASP.

With that being said, I have a concern regarding QASP that I would like to run past you guys to get your opinion. And perhaps, if you see what I see to perhaps warn you of possible danger.

Check out the support and trend lines for the falling wedge pattern on the QASP chart. If you follow the lines out to where they meet, you will notice that they converge around Dec 7th-9th.
    When I add that to the fact that QASP's big announcement is schedule for just a few days following that, I start to get worried.
    My concern is this:

What if the $350million in financing is just a hoax that was timed specifically for the resolution of the falling wedge pattern???
    You would have a bullish pattern with extremely bullish news anticipated by many. News that if true would change peoples lives!
    Or news that if false and timed properly could make only the people who knew about it alot of money.

Hmmm.....

I'm not saying that this is certainly the case, but the timing of QASP's upcoming announcement scares me abit.
    And so, I'm going to play it safe.
    When the PPS reaches 0.10 this week, and I believe it will, I am going to sell a small portion of my shares and take out my initial investment. This will leave me with only free shares to play with and no further risk.

But I still want to maximize my profits. If news comes prior to Monday the 14th, no sweat. Enjoy the ride up and make some serious money.
    However, if there is no news out by next Monday, I'm planning on selling half of my remaining shares and locking in some profits.
    If news comes after I sell, I still have half of my free shares to profit from plus I can always buy back in with the profits from my recent sell.
    If the 15th comes with no news or further delays, I'll decide what to do with the remaining 45% of my original shares that I still hold at that time.

SO! How does my plan sound? I'd really like your input on this.
    After riding MGLG up and down again, then sitting on BEHL when I could have made 10's of thousands if I had sold, I DO NOT want to mess this one up.
    I'm in at the right time (avg of .0135). Now I just have to exit properly.

All opinions (and criticism) is appreciated.

Mentor
    Joined: Jul 2009 Location: Outer Banks of North Carolina Posts: 1,511
    12-07-2009, 10:18 AM #102
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Hello Team!
    I've been away for awhile, I know. Sure have missed chatting with you all.
    Medicine residency kinda sucks right now. I've been doing nights in the medical ICU for the past month, which means I have to sleep during the day and miss all the market action. I catch some of the important stuff tho. And by that I mean the events happening to my only two holdings right now...BEHL and QASP.

With that being said, I have a concern regarding QASP that I would like to run past you guys to get your opinion. And perhaps, if you see what I see to perhaps warn you of possible danger.

Check out the support and trend lines for the falling wedge pattern on the QASP chart. If you follow the lines out to where they meet, you will notice that they converge around Dec 7th-9th.
    When I add that to the fact that QASP's big announcement is schedule for just a few days following that, I start to get worried.
    My concern is this:

What if the $350million in financing is just a hoax that was timed specifically for the resolution of the falling wedge pattern???
    You would have a bullish pattern with extremely bullish news anticipated by many. News that if true would change peoples lives!
    Or news that if false and timed properly could make only the people who knew about it alot of money.

Hmmm.....

I'm not saying that this is certainly the case, but the timing of QASP's upcoming announcement scares me abit.
    And so, I'm going to play it safe.
    When the PPS reaches 0.10 this week, and I believe it will, I am going to sell a small portion of my shares and take out my initial investment. This will leave me with only free shares to play with and no further risk.

But I still want to maximize my profits. If news comes prior to Monday the 14th, no sweat. Enjoy the ride up and make some serious money.
    However, if there is no news out by next Monday, I'm planning on selling half of my remaining shares and locking in some profits.
    If news comes after I sell, I still have half of my free shares to profit from plus I can always buy back in with the profits from my recent sell.
    If the 15th comes with no news or further delays, I'll decide what to do with the remaining 45% of my original shares that I still hold at that time.

SO! How does my plan sound? I'd really like your input on this.
    After riding MGLG up and down again, then sitting on BEHL when I could have made 10's of thousands if I had sold, I DO NOT want to mess this one up.
    I'm in at the right time (avg of .0135). Now I just have to exit properly.

All opinions (and criticism) is appreciated.
    Wow Shots, 10 cents??? I don't know about that!

First of all, it's good to have you back!

This is my take on investing with the pennies. Be happy with small gains. Be very happy if you can pick up 15 or 20% on an investment. If you think it might hit ten cents....gosh, that would be about 700% profit for you, and that would be great. But, it sure smells like a pipe dream to me.

There are SO many shares out there that I can't imagine it hitting that high. I look at it like this. QASP is BORROWING 350 million bucks. They aren't making it, they are BORROWING it. That's a huge difference in business. So, now they'll be deep, deep, deep, in debt. We've seen what debt does to companies. Just look at SIRI. Debt is not a good thing most of the time.

So, I think I'm bailing when and if it hits the 4 cent range. I may miss a ton of profit if I'm wrong. But that would be a 100% profit for me and I think that would be fantastic!

Just my thoughts..... Have a great week and let's make some money!
    Chuck

Addict
    12-07-2009, 12:50 PM #103
    Quote Originally Posted by candleman View Post
    Wow Shots, 10 cents??? I don't know about that!

First of all, it's good to have you back!

This is my take on investing with the pennies. Be happy with small gains. Be very happy if you can pick up 15 or 20% on an investment. If you think it might hit ten cents....gosh, that would be about 700% profit for you, and that would be great. But, it sure smells like a pipe dream to me.

There are SO many shares out there that I can't imagine it hitting that high. I look at it like this. QASP is BORROWING 350 million bucks. They aren't making it, they are BORROWING it. That's a huge difference in business. So, now they'll be deep, deep, deep, in debt. We've seen what debt does to companies. Just look at SIRI. Debt is not a good thing most of the time.

So, I think I'm bailing when and if it hits the 4 cent range. I may miss a ton of profit if I'm wrong. But that would be a 100% profit for me and I think that would be fantastic!

Just my thoughts..... Have a great week and let's make some money!
    Chuck
    Hi Chuck
    Thx for the warm return reception. Feels good to be chatting in my home forum again.

I gotta say, I think you might be selling yourself short on the .04 for QASP.
    We're pushing 3 now and I expect to close today somewhere near .035.
    However, you will definitely be locking in profits and that is never wrong.
    I hope we both get what we want.

12-07-2009, 12:57 PM #104
    Hey Shots,

I'm enjoying this ride right now, but also have my concerns as well. I'm green now, but don't intend to shave off till at least I make a 100%, which puts me @ .06 in one acct, and .03 in the other. But that depends on how things go with the stock...just seems like it's trading like this is the real deal. At .10 Cents I could pay off all my debts, except the home.

Behl ran to .15 on no news and I should have sold then too. I ended up getting out at .032 with a nice profit on my $500 investment. I'm going to be watching this close...dang I wish I had L2 at work  just to watch how the MM's play this thing over the next week.
    Last edited by Alaska Guy; 12-07-2009 at 01:08 PM.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 01:31 PM #105
    Quote Originally Posted by ShotsII View Post
    Hi Chuck
    Thx for the warm return reception. Feels good to be chatting in my home forum again.

I gotta say, I think you might be selling yourself short on the .04 for QASP.
    We're pushing 3 now and I expect to close today somewhere near .035.
    However, you will definitely be locking in profits and that is never wrong.
    I hope we both get what we want.
    Alright...maybe I'll reconsider this for another day or two. I like Andy's idea of paying off debts...LOL So, we'll just watch and wait for a little while longer!

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 02:41 PM #106
    It sure is quiet around here without Bill, LT, and Ramsey in the room. I hope they've been making some money. While they've been so quiet, my account has gotten much greener....

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 02:48 PM #107
    I constantly tell y'all about Sprint S.

It is up 10% today and more than 29% in the last month.

This is a great company with much upside in front of it. And it's not as scary as those penny stocks.

Both Barron's and S&P have it valued at 6 bucks. Today it's trading at 4.04

As a medium to long term investment, this one is hard to beat guys.

12-07-2009, 03:32 PM #108
    Shotsy--
    If QASP is indeed a hoax, it might go down as one of the all-time greatest investment hoaxes in stock market history. I'm sure you've read up on the principals of QASP; these guys have a long history of running companies the right way. They are older (60-70-ish) guys, and I'm not so sure that's the typical profile of a pinksheets company CEO who runs a scam these days.

I have yet to see anything that is truly a red flag with QASP. It takes a boatload of business acumen to send out a release stating that the funding will close no later than December 15, 2009. Especially $350 million worth.

Candle--yes, QASP will be in debt then. However, if the terms of the loan are accurate as released...it's a sweetheart of a financing deal (interest only for X years, can pay off with 9% of stock, etc).

I guess I'm in the boat with you guys. I will most likely sell off *some* just to get my original money back and some extra to have fun with over the holidays. I am in at $.021 and figure $.05-.06 would be a good place to sell 25% of my shares.

Then just play it by ear like you guys/gals are. It will be interesting to watch.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 04:22 PM #109
    just sold half my remaining shares of QASP. i now have 125K free shares of QASP and lets see if it does anything.

Mentor
    12-07-2009, 05:06 PM #110
    I sold my 200K of QASP at ,034 today. I made my 50% and I'm happy. I thought I'd never get out of that one alive!!!!

The company does look OK. I may buy back in again if it drops a bit. But, I'm a happy camper with money in the bank on that one.

SPRINT is really running folks. I paid off my house this year with the ups and downs of this company. I think it was up over 12% today.

Page 11 of 24 ... 91011121321 ...