Page 12 of 27 ... 2101112131422 ...
    Enthusiast
    12-10-2009, 02:07 AM #111
    Quote Originally Posted by vaporgold View Post
    SCRF, SRK and fellow investors...

I have been following this thread and it has been fun reading. I think he may be a bit high, but I would put my money on Havakasha.

vaporgold
    -------------------------------------------------
    Vapor.

Nice to see you. Maybe next time we can get Lloyds of London to put odds on the entrants. lol. Take Care Amigo.

Socal

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 03:19 AM #112
    i think julietoo is losing to stang.

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 04:30 AM #113
    Looks like we are inbetween 2 trendlines - the one with a lot of hits (blue), and what would be considered the purist one (purple). Also, could consider an update to my EW count for a C to be put in.

As mentioned previously, I believe (so my opinion) that stocks that hug the line, tend to break through. As TA traders often say, for the stock to run up or down from the line, you need a catalyst.

The first potential one is Stern.

Let's see how it plays out. Note, I'm actually more concerned about trading the shares than which team wins. I know, I'm boring, lol.
    Last edited by Dr. Dave; 12-10-2009 at 04:40 AM. Reason: forgot the chart

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 04:38 AM #114
    Nasdaq still undecided...

Current futures levels not too hot either...

12-10-2009, 07:06 AM #115
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i think julietoo is losing to stang.

Good morning Bass

I am shocked, dismayed, that you would point out for all to see,
    what you 'perceive' as my losing to stang. As a gentleman,
    and most importantly, on my friends list (and I on yours) you
    were supposed to ignore the different method used by Socal
    in determining my standing.

Considering I was the very first person to enter the contest, perhaps
    Socal considered that as a reason to 'advance' my standing.
    Or because I am an optimist, (obviously you can see from my guess)
    Socal choose not to burst my bubble.
    Then again, Socal is also on my friends lists, and I on his, as friends we
    have each others backs. Which, ahem, dear Bass, you may want to
    take a lession here.

So in summary, I will forgive your transgression, your momentary lapse
    in judgement, if you will kindly delete your post. And I will pretend I
    never saw it.

After all, like the song says, that's what friends are for.

Julie

P.S.
    Michigan weather today. One word. SUCKS.
    Last edited by SiriMonkey; 12-10-2009 at 08:24 AM.

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 11:11 AM #116
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    Update On Contest
    Current largest margin of victory is the match between SRK vs. JohnnyIrish
    SiriusRoadKill .6349 vs JohnnyirishXM .86 Buzz ahead by .2251

[/B]
    thanks for the update don Socal

12-10-2009, 03:25 PM #117
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    -------------------------------------------------
    Vapor.

Nice to see you. Maybe next time we can get Lloyds of London to put odds on the entrants. lol. Take Care Amigo.

Socal
    SCRF....

I think we would lose Lloyds of London as soon as they came upon Dr. Dave's Charts..They would just wonder off into the horizon looking baffled never to be seen again

vaporgold

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 05:33 PM #118
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Dave View Post
    Looks like we are inbetween 2 trendlines - the one with a lot of hits (blue), and what would be considered the purist one (purple). Also, could consider an update to my EW count for a C to be put in.

As mentioned previously, I believe (so my opinion) that stocks that hug the line, tend to break through. As TA traders often say, for the stock to run up or down from the line, you need a catalyst.

The first potential one is Stern.

Let's see how it plays out. Note, I'm actually more concerned about trading the shares than which team wins. I know, I'm boring, lol.
    i think you're wrong here. stern has a year left on the contract. the first potential catalyst IMO is Q4 reporting of 1st ever Q profit. its why im bullish. david frear -CFO speaking at the global media conference on monday (or tuesday) said company will also be giving guidance in february so im assuming they will be having the CC then and not in march as is being speculated by brokers.

as i said at koat, im not too worried about trendlines holding, im more concerned with flat support lines holding. the long term trendlines used as support will most likely get tested, but im very confident they will correct. and yes we are seeking weakness approaching the long term trendlines seen as resistance in siri and the other markets. the lower volume confirms this. just look at this board as a small sample size, almost everyone here is on hold pattern, including yourself. how are we gonna break out of that? well, for me, i wont start trading again until new years, i have a shltload of short term capital gains taxes to pay for this year. i cant sell my siri long term because i have no long term losses to write down. so after new years, i will start fudgin around again. especially now that i am more confident in my gaming skills. your thoughts?
    Last edited by bassmaster; 12-10-2009 at 05:33 PM. Reason: removed chart

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 06:18 PM #119
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    i think you're wrong here. stern has a year left on the contract. the first potential catalyst IMO is Q4 reporting of 1st ever Q profit. its why im bullish. david frear -CFO speaking at the global media conference on monday (or tuesday) said company will also be giving guidance in february so im assuming they will be having the CC then and not in march as is being speculated by brokers.

as i said at koat, im not too worried about trendlines holding, im more concerned with flat support lines holding. the long term trendlines used as support will most likely get tested, but im very confident they will correct. and yes we are seeking weakness approaching the long term trendlines seen as resistance in siri and the other markets. the lower volume confirms this. just look at this board as a small sample size, almost everyone here is on hold pattern, including yourself. how are we gonna break out of that? well, for me, i wont start trading again until new years, i have a shltload of short term capital gains taxes to pay for this year. i cant sell my siri long term because i have no long term losses to write down. so after new years, i will start fudgin around again. especially now that i am more confident in my gaming skills. your thoughts?
    I'm just talking short term catalysts. I'm bullish for the stock too - for the earnings report, that's why I bought the calls. Haven't picked up more. I'm just talking about between now and the contest end.

The way we break to the upside is a decent rally on the indexes (perhaps some news of increased xmas spending, or more dollar rally), same for the downside (mutual funds dumping for good reports for the end of the year). Then have some extra news for a particular stock agreeing with the direction of the market. That's the way a stock will move, in my opinion.

I posted this last nite, so if the indexes had tanked today, this would have been a good catalyst to bring the stock down for the short term (end of December).

Flat lines and trendlines - you just have to see what hits, and the candles that form. They will bounce on something... ie. AAPL hit your support line, but looks to have retested and reversed at the trendline.. for now. Typical and expected, but the other outcome was also continued downtrend after the break, which is why I got out. And also why I didn't get in was the possibility of the reversal at the trendline. Too much potential whipsaw or loss, you know what I mean.

Thus, yes, hold on SIRI until something happens... keyword was potential, if I didn't put it down, that's what I meant - then with a market move down, could have been bad. I will sell if shit hits the fan, buy later, but I won't try to predict a move just based on the news.

Mentor
    12-10-2009, 07:09 PM #120
    Lol, If you put a gun to my head saying i had to trade something today, I would have shorted AAPL - high volume break of the line, retest. It's a Raschke play.

Page 12 of 27 ... 2101112131422 ...