Head Honcho
    12-26-2007, 12:25 PM #1

Is The FCC In Mismanaged?

Some politicians are not happy with the FCC, and have even gone so far as to say that the agency is mismanaged. Is there a problem lingering at the FCC, or do you think this is purely a divide along political lines?

Personally I feel that there are some things such as the repeater issues with SDARS that have simply gone unattended for a long time. The issue should have been handled long ago.

Like anything, the agency has its good and bad points. What do you think would make the FCC a better agency?
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    12-28-2007, 11:57 AM #2

Fcc

I do not know politics and I won't try and act like I do.
    What I do know is politicians take WAY too much time off across the board, FCC as well.
    This country moves fast, growth is rapid and the politicians in Washington need to learn to keep up and quit taking so much time off.
    I think it needs to be mandatory that they work 40 hour weeks, at the least, like the rest of us.
    Thats my 2 cents.
    I would love to see an actual account of the days they took off to actual days they were on the clock, that would be very interesting.

Head Honcho
    12-28-2007, 01:54 PM #3

Time Off?

Here is a good accounting of time off vs. time spent working in our government.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvOaO4f_m38
    Tyler Savery
    Satellite Standard Founder

Enthusiast
    02-05-2008, 05:02 PM #4

Good one Tyler

Dude, Tyler, that was freakin hilarious
    and that is so damn true
    Its frustrating to know this year in and year out, and never see anything done about it.
    When will there be manditory hours set for these people.
    I think their should be a manditory credit/clock hours system, hours that have to be worked, and electronically tracked (electronic timesheet and charge numbers), and accessable to voters online, and if those hours are not met, they cannot be eligible for the next reelection cycle.
    I would guarantee a 120% increase in work production.
    And I guarantee that merger that was proposed last February, would have been decided before there summer "district work period".
    Thats my two cents.
    oh yeah, and we still await the merger decision, A YEAR later