Page 2 of 3 123
    05-04-2009, 03:32 PM #11
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Is it a factory receiver? You will need an aux input either in the front (headphone jack) or the rear of the unit (rca jack) but, these are not common on factory radios. If it had a cd changer jack in the back of it you could probably get a cd to rca cable adapter and run an rca to headphone cable from there. I actually use an rca-to-headphone to plug my sportster into the back of receiver. I hope I understood your question... feel free to elaborate.
    I hope your response was to my question; if not forgive me for jumping in here. The 07 dodge ram does have an aux input jack. We are wanting to avoid installing another antenna to use the starmate since the truck already has a sirius antenna. I have contacted someone who is going to make me a cable to run from the brainbox to the antenna input on the starmate's cradle. Thanks for your help!

Head Honcho
    05-04-2009, 03:41 PM #12
    But, how are you going to connect the starmate to the receiver? I thought that was your question. Connecting to the antenna is only half the battle.... actually 1/3 the battle since you need to connect to a power source as well.

Unless you plan on using the transmitter to broadcast to your receiver, then you should be all set but, I do recommend trying to get a hardwire, the sound quality is superior.

Good luck.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

05-04-2009, 04:12 PM #13
    We will connect the starmate through an auxilliary cable and the aux input jack on the factory radio. I already have the starmate hooked up in my car, we just want to add another cradle to my husband's truck for our camping trips. Thanks for your help.

08-07-2009, 02:36 PM #14

Nice ....

How did you make the cable to use the stock antenna? I have been looking all over to figure this out and still no luck. Please advise me that would be greatly appreciated.

08-12-2009, 08:19 PM #15

Exclamation fishman needs help

I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 free year of sirius ran out , have a stiletto 2 and would like to install in truck using existing sat antennae ,also does factory radio have a line in connection in back of radio. and if so how easy is it to access

Enthusiast
    08-13-2009, 12:49 PM #16
    Quote Originally Posted by fishman View Post
    I have a 2008 dodge ram 1500 free year of sirius ran out , have a stiletto 2 and would like to install in truck using existing sat antennae ,also does factory radio have a line in connection in back of radio. and if so how easy is it to access
    Unless that OEM radio has an AUX-IN in the back or the front, if it does, then you can play your Stiletto 2 thur your OEM-radio using the existing Sat-Antenna
    you might have to remove the fark cover on the OEM Sat-antenna-connector, as for powering up your Stiletto, you could use a cigarette-lighter-cord, are have it hard-wired into the accessories power panel.....
    Last edited by denb45; 08-13-2009 at 12:52 PM.

10-15-2009, 12:00 PM #17

Good Job

I am installing a Starmate 5 into a 2006 Dodge Ram with factory Sirius radio. I have not been able to figure out how to use the stock Sirius antenna. Does anyone know where can I get an adapter?

12-27-2009, 02:40 PM #18
    I have a 07 Ram 2500 with factory Sirius. I was going to make an antenna adapter for my Sirius install when I switched out my deck. Decided to temporarily install the antenna hidden below the center of the plastic panel at the front window. Well, it will now be a permanent install. The window is so slanted that the antenna has a great view of the sky. Works great - at least here in the Southwest. Other areas that require a more angled view to the satellite may have some trouble. Quick and easy do do so I would try this solution first.

Head Honcho
    12-27-2009, 11:50 PM #19
    Agreed... it is all about the angle of the windshield. I took a winebago down to florida last year and we tossed the external antenna right up on the dashboard and it worked just fine.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

03-27-2010, 01:21 PM #20

Lightbulb 07 dodge ram factory SAT antenna adaptor?!?!?!?!?

he used his factory FM antenna. Not his SAT Antenna. I have installed a aftermarket Sony in my dodge 07 ram with factory SAT antenna and I talked to TSS radio where i bought my Sirius connect interface for my Sony deck and connect vehicle tuner that mounts behind the dash and connects directly to your deck with RCA cables for "the best sound" not the dash mount unit the guy on the top of the forum has. you are only transmitting sound from a headphone wire. RCA cables are always better. TSS radio says that dodge doesn't have an adapter to use the factory SAT antenna. Other vehicle makes do like; GM and Toyota. They also said that the back is the best spot for the antenna because the front of the truck gets more weathering. So the back(factory antenna) is the best spot for installation. I am still looking. But the guy has a great idea, why not try to make one. I am going to the local automotive electrician, ACE and radio shack to see if i can find something. I have a call into dodge to see if they have anything. It can't be that friging difficult. or can it? if i find anything i will post it and pics.

Page 2 of 3 123