11-23-2009, 06:54 PM #1

Stratus 5 Sound Quality

Hi Everyone!
    New guy here.
    I just installed the above mentioned receiver in my truck and I seem to be having a little problem (or not). I have the receiver hooked up to the aux in my stereo and it sounds like it's in "mono". I know the cable / set up is good because my ipod sounds just fine when i hook it up the same way. Is the receiver a "mono" unit? Am I doing something wriong with the settings? The antenna signal shows max in the settings so I don't think that's it. Any help would be appreciated!
    Jess

Head Honcho
    11-23-2009, 07:07 PM #2
    Is it in mono or does it sound like mono? It should be simple to listen and see if its actually in mono.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-23-2009, 07:17 PM #3
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    Is it in mono or does it sound like mono? It should be simple to listen and see if its actually in mono.
    Thanks for the reply!
    It sounds like mono to me compared to the ipiod or the radio. It seems like the sound is coming through a tunnel. I am not getting any separation of sound either. I couldn't find a stereo / mono setting so I am not sure what it is in.

Head Honcho
    11-23-2009, 07:27 PM #4
    Sometimes aux jacks sound like they are in mono because the wire is either defective or the actual jack is not pushed all the way in.

"Sounds like mono" compared to an ipod doesn't make sense to me. Something is either in mono or its not. Its hard for me to help out because I don't know what the issue is.

If the issue is that it doesnt sound as good as an iPod...that is because it doesn't. The bitrate of your mp3's are most likely higher then that of SATRAD.

I do know that my SATRAD head unit sounds a lot different then my regular radio or my cd player so, I have a custom setting in my head unit (levels) for it. I dont know why but my CD player is louder then my radio which is louder then my SATRAD unit. So, I take advantage of my head unit and setup custom levels for all of those things.

Hope this helps.
    Charles LaRocca
    SiriusBuzz Founder

11-23-2009, 07:56 PM #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriusBuzz View Post
    If the issue is that it doesnt sound as good as an iPod...that is because it doesn't. The bitrate of your mp3's are most likely higher then that of SATRAD.
    I didn't think about the bit rate....this probably explains my situation. thanks for your help!
    Jess

11-24-2009, 06:56 AM #6
    Bumping thread