Page 5 of 5 ... 345
    Enthusiast
    11-25-2009, 01:25 PM #41
    And to you as well, julietoo. And all Buzz lurkers and beyond.........

So as to my idea for a contest. I contacted Charles who I'm guessing is swamped. When I get back into town this weekend, I will work with the marketwatch guys, bass, dr. dave, bill etc. And get this thing organized. On the Satwaves side, they appear extremely organized, so I 'm guessing once we get our end taken care of they will be ready to roll. At this point I'm thinking we will target Friday Dec. 2nd as the day to post each sites 10 predictions. And that should give plenty of time to make it happen. Bass if you and Bill could sift through your guys and come up with a few more names, that would be great. I know SRK is in. Candleman. Hopeful. Julie. Then we can make this happen. Along with that we can make a thread as Johnny suggested that will give ideas as to what the winners can expect etc. It should make for a nice December trash talking competition to go with the NFL trash talking season. LOL.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Socal Running Fool!

11-25-2009, 02:18 PM #42
    Sounds like a great contest. Friendly competition is good.

Julie

Guru
    11-25-2009, 03:49 PM #43
    Quote Originally Posted by bassmaster View Post
    well, i wish i could post charts here.... it doesnt matter what the company is worth . when people are swinging this stock (just like any other) it will be shorted. my opinion which is backed by years and a countless number of companies that r/s ,is shorts will pile on. im not saying theyre gonna drive us to the ground again, im just saying theyre gonna try.

bassmaster I never said that there were not going to be any short (there will always be) What I think is that very few will want to be shorting a company that for the first time ever will be posting a REAL profit and a major FCF positive number. That is just silly to do just because of a RS illreguardless of the hugely improving fundamentals of the company. I know I would not be cought dead doing it with this company at this time. If anything in the end THAT for the first time, I will be willing to say would actually cause a true short sqeeze, if I see it go down just after a RS I would even buy more and wait for the sqeeze that will eventually come. Because if they are shorting SIRIXM just because of the sole reason of a RS with the kinds of metrics SIRIXM is going to show, there will be a sqeeze.

Guru
    11-25-2009, 03:53 PM #44
    Quote Originally Posted by hoping2rise View Post
    John, Bass

Why do we keep saying shorts will or will not push the price down after RS?
    What about regular investors like us? How many of them will or will not panic sell? With people like us holding 70%+ of the common, we dont need any shorts if we panic ourselves.

My main feeling is that if the PPS gos down it will MAINLY be because of people selling expecting to buy back later after the RS. I think there also will be some that will short to hedge their bets. The thing is, that is why I think for the first time we could actually see a true short sqeeze and some if not many may be left holding the bag in the end and missed the boat.

11-25-2009, 04:30 PM #45
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    bassmaster I never said that there were not going to be any short (there will always be) What I think is that very few will want to be shorting a company that for the first time ever will be posting a REAL profit and a major FCF positive number. That is just silly to do just because of a RS illreguardless of the hugely improving fundamentals of the company. I know I would not be cought dead doing it with this company at this time. If anything in the end THAT for the first time, I will be willing to say would actually cause a true short sqeeze, if I see it go down just after a RS I would even buy more and wait for the sqeeze that will eventually come. Because if they are shorting SIRIXM just because of the sole reason of a RS with the kinds of metrics SIRIXM is going to show, there will be a sqeeze.
    That's absolutely right john!
    Only reason most people will be selling is to buy back after a dip. And once RS is done, what else will the shorts and bashers have to hang their hats on?
    Another RS? BK? Losses? nothing... so you're right, any selloff will be very short lived and having some money ready to add more on the dip would be a better strategy than selling and buying back later..

Mentor
    11-25-2009, 05:13 PM #46
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

p.s. No julietoo! I am not telling you where I get these custom smileys . . . now go clean out your refrigerator . . .

Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 11-25-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Addict
    Joined: Nov 2008 Location: Vancouver Island Canada Posts: 583
    11-25-2009, 07:11 PM #47

Short Interest Drops Again!!!

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/sh...&selected=SIRI

Short Interest drops again for the 5th report now. However this time it only dropped roughly 1.5 million.

Anyone have any clue where the heck the volume went? This is the lowest I have seen in quite some time...

I see what your talking about Bassmaster when it comes to the PPS, this thing must be wound so tight. It has to break out sometime soon, anyone else support his guess/prediction of .94 coming in a few weeks?

Are there any other Canadian in here? You crazy Americans should celebrate thanksgiving in October like normal people!

Guru
    11-27-2009, 12:54 PM #48
    I'll break the silence.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. As for me, I had my first Turkey sandwich for breakfast today.

I've seen the ad campaign in full force while watching football yesterday, and today for that matter. It seems clear that they're targeting men, but then again, I haven't watched a lot of Oprah or The View to see if it's running there.

I'd like to know what the pro's think on SIRI. It seems absolutely stuck at 62 - 63. The company has turned the corner. SIRI is a solid buy, but maybe not right now.

Mentor
    11-27-2009, 07:32 PM #49
    Quote Originally Posted by SiriuslyLong View Post
    I'll break the silence.

Hope you all had a great Thanksgiving. As for me, I had my first Turkey sandwich for breakfast today.

I've seen the ad campaign in full force while watching football yesterday, and today for that matter. It seems clear that they're targeting men, but then again, I haven't watched a lot of Oprah or The View to see if it's running there.

I'd like to know what the pro's think on SIRI. It seems absolutely stuck at 62 - 63. The company has turned the corner. SIRI is a solid buy, but maybe not right now.

Hey SL . . . my every instinct with this stock has been totally wrong . . . so from now on, I will do the opposite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 11-27-2009 at 07:36 PM.

11-28-2009, 03:04 PM #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    Hey SL . . . my every instinct with this stock has been totally wrong . . . so from now on, I will do the opposite:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKUvKE3bQlY
    The opposite episode! Great stuff! Here's a bit more on how they did it, etc...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lq8U...eature=related

That episode sort of inspired me to trade SIRI in a different light also. I used to be a buy and hold type of trader with SIRI. I rode it all the way up to 9.43 and down again, never sold any! Like George would have done. Saying to myself, o damn, what if I sell it now, and it rockets back up, I won't have as many shares and I will lose out on having as many shares as I had.

So finally, when SIRI hit my break even point of $3 I got the hell out, and never looked back. And because I did the 'opposite', I now have 5 times as many shares as I had before, because I bought at various points below $3. And I don't hold onto a stock any more if it goes much below what I paid for it and hope it goes up. I get the hell out and buy it back later.

Thanks Costanza!

Page 5 of 5 ... 345