Page 1 of 9 123 ...
    Mentor
    11-16-2009, 07:24 PM #1

Sirius Weekly Thread 11-16-2009

1.) Options expiration this Friday = volatility:

http://www.cboe.com/AboutCBOE/xcal2009.pdf

2.) Finally a real TV ad . . . Elvis-Jordan-Prior-Stern . . . well done imo!

http://www.xmradio.com/wo/i/change09/change09.html

3.) Parsons out the door . . won't be missed:

http://siriusbuzz.com/gary-parsons-s...-sirius-xm.php

How 'bout a radio show Spence?
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 11-16-2009 at 07:30 PM.

11-16-2009, 07:43 PM #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    1.) Options expiration this Friday = volatility:

http://www.cboe.com/AboutCBOE/xcal2009.pdf

2.) Finally a real TV ad . . . Elvis-Jordan-Prior-Stern . . . well done imo!

http://www.xmradio.com/wo/i/change09/change09.html

3.) Parsons out the door . . won't be missed:

http://siriusbuzz.com/gary-parsons-s...-sirius-xm.php

How 'bout a radio show Spence?

Good Evening SRK and all,

I saw, for the first time this morning, commercial you referred to.
    Caught my attention, great advertisment.

Have a good week.

Julie

Let's see two more smileys allotted How's that!

11-16-2009, 11:29 PM #3

XMP3 works inside

I'm very new to this but I wanted to let everybody know that I purchased an XMP3 and sat downstairs on the back portion of starbucks and listened to my XMP3. I was not near a window and the starbucks is located underground on Chestnut and 10th in Philadelphia.

Enthusiast
    11-17-2009, 10:19 AM #4

Buenos Dias

What up Buzz fans? I had to get on board the thread and wish everyone a nice week. With SRK and Julie too teaming up to give the thread a heartbeat. Maybe the stock could give investors a heartbeat.

As you know I'm completely convinced that the share price IS held down by those that intend to do us harm.

Have a great day all. Oh and Big Ben. "Your" actually what's wrong with this world. Your either paid to drop your turds here on occasion. Or you need to step away from the white screen and reread your key strokes for the past year.

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!! How about them Giants, Eagles and yes, this week the "Broncos".......................

Mentor
    11-17-2009, 04:52 PM #5

Buenos Tardes Socal

Mis abios de pesca en la cocina!

BM actually has an interesting technical anaylsis out right now that I must say I agree with . . . a "catapult" formation . . . I have been feeling we are spring-loaded since that dip to $0.53 . . .

He is actually looking at a launch to $0.85-$0.94 . . .

To my friend Muscle . . hey Boobala, brush-up on your Shakespeare . . "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet" . . . its produced and customers pay for it so its a product . . the sooner the fossils in upper management figure that out the sooner they will begin to more fully monetize the valuable assets of this company . . which is as a premium content distributor! Radio-Schmadio!

yeah Socal . . those Chargers sure are some "regular season" team huh?

But then again . . who am I to talk . . J-E-T-S JETS-JETS-JETS (ooh-fah)

btw . . Big Ben has bats in his belfry! Lost his street cred months ago (lol)
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 11-17-2009 at 04:58 PM.

Mentor
    11-17-2009, 05:10 PM #6

Mel on Fox with Cavuto

I have watched the Mel interview twice now . . .

Couple observations . . no secret, but Mel was brought in for the specific purpose of doing the merger . . first I've actually heard him admit THAT! No big deal . . but confirmation of what we have long known/suspected.

Sounds like Stern will get his money.

One slightly troubling aspect of the interview to me . . I understand that Mel runs the company to make money . . and I am not unhappy that he is focused on generating FCF . .

But his tone regarding "subscriber growth" was a little too dismissive for my taste. Almost a resignation that 11-12mm OEM units equates to flat subscriber growth . . Regardless of cost synergies, the street will continue to ignore this equity absent substantial top-line revenue growth.

Mentor
    11-17-2009, 05:30 PM #7

Analyst Research Report

Thomson Reuters . . as of 11/15 . . "Outperform"

Standard & Poor's . . as of 11/14 . . "3 Stars" . . 12 Month Price Target: $1.00

*** 3-STARS (Hold): Total return is expected to
    closely approximate the total return of a relevant
    benchmark over the coming 12 months, with shares
    generally rising in price on an absolute basis.

"Reflecting modestly higher ARPU (on recent
    price increases and newer Internet/mobile offerings),
    and relatively stable average self-pay
    churn near 2.0%, we project total revenue
    growth of about 1.0% in 2009, improving to 7.5%
    growth in 2010, to more than $2.6 billion. With
    merger-related synergies, we expect over $584
    million of 2009 adjusted EBITDA, advancing to
    $738 million in 2010 on improved variable contribution
    margins, declining SAC and other income
    from pass-through music royalties."

"Our 12-month target price of $1.00 reflects
    nearly 2.5X 2010 EV/Sales, 10X EV/EBITDA or
    about $250 per subscriber, which we view as
    ample on slower growth prospects.We also
    note SIRI recently had almost $7 billion of
    unused net operating loss carryforwards."

Thomson Reuters Consensus . . 6 Analysts Included . . "Buy" with a "2.3333" numerical rating on a zero to 3 scale . . "1" being a "strong buy" and "3" being a "hold"

ConvergEx Group Consensus . . 14 independent research providers included . . Consensus Rating of "2.79" . . . "1" being a "Strong Buy" . . . "5" being a "Strong Sell" . . "3" being a "Hold"
    Last edited by Sirius Roadkill; 11-17-2009 at 05:43 PM.

11-17-2009, 06:30 PM #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Roadkill View Post
    I have watched the Mel interview twice now . . .
    Just watched it for the first time, was a good interview...
    http://wallstreetpit.com/12174-siriu...iversal-rumors

Do you have a link for that 'catapult' theory in your previous post? I'm interested in checking that out also.

Guru
    11-17-2009, 09:20 PM #9
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrunningfool View Post
    What up Buzz fans? I had to get on board the thread and wish everyone a nice week. With SRK and Julie too teaming up to give the thread a heartbeat. Maybe the stock could give investors a heartbeat.

As you know I'm completely convinced that the share price IS held down by those that intend to do us harm.

Have a great day all. Oh and Big Ben. "Your" actually what's wrong with this world. Your either paid to drop your turds here on occasion. Or you need to step away from the white screen and reread your key strokes for the past year.

Go Chargers!!!!!!!!!!!! How about them Giants, Eagles and yes, this week the "Broncos".......................

Rivers is my QB!!! Go Chargers.

Enthusiast
    11-17-2009, 11:38 PM #10
    Siriuslong. Had no idea you were a Rivers fan. They do seem to have some momentum.

Hey Roadkill........................Is it safe to say you are pretty close to 90/10 ?????????? 90% Pumper. 10% disgruntled. Isn't it amazing how different we all post depending on how much money we currently have invested in the stock??????? It's true. Check yourself. You can tell by each poster style whether they hold for years. Are sold out like myself currently. Trade. Use options. Everyone has their slant and it all relates to their current share position. When your chips are on the line, your game face is on. Otherwise your just part of the peanut gallery.

What's up Jules? Those deposit slips got you hitting the pull out liquor cart these nights?

Page 1 of 9 123 ...